Ridgeway @ Ravenwood

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about Ravenwood but they must be very good or they would not be in the semifinals for 5-A.. This Ridgeway group must be pretty good too if they beat Germantown... Please give me your thoughts.. and I guess Ridgeway is no longer considered a pretender since they beat G'town.. I hear also that they have a great, intense, well prepared head coach, and a great bunch of Asst. coaches.. and the players aren't bad either, and they might be kinda fast too. But, i don't really know alot about them.....

Ravenwood is a spread the field, 4 wideout, shotgun spread offense. They stay in it all game and allow their best player, T.C. Jennings make plays at QB. He runs it and throws it very well. A lot of pretty decent schools are recruiting this kid. They have some solid running backs and a couple of good little receivers. They don't mind throwing it around 30-40 times if they have to. Think of Ravenwood as a more sophisticated Memphis Melrose, minus the athletes, sans Jennings, Wilkerson, and Williams. They are a well coached team that has beaten the last two BlueCross bowl participants from the West bracket (Brentwood and Franklin) twice apiece this season.

Ridgeway is very quick on defense. Their RB Crawford has excellent speed. I was more impressed with the FB #44. Very strong runner. But to be honest, the Ridgeway- Gtown came was ugly. 13 turnovers!! 8 by ridgeway, 6 fumbles and 2 int. 5 by Gtown, 2 fumbles and 2 int. If Gtown could have connected on some passes, things may have been different. They had people open but could not hit them. Give credit to Ridgeway, they took it to the Devils, but to survive next week they must hold on to the ball. Oh and forget about returning kickoffs. It's not happening. Super leg!!

by they way does memphis ridgeway have a kicker or do they just go for two every time like most miaa schools?? just wondering......

Yes, they have a great kicker in Josh (?) Jasper. From what I have heard, he has shattered many records for kicking in the memphis area and state.

Memphis people, correct me if im wrong.

Ridgeway is very quick on defense. Their RB Crawford has excellent speed. I was more impressed with the FB #44. Very strong runner. But to be honest, the Ridgeway- Gtown came was ugly. 13 turnovers!! 8 by ridgeway, 6 fumbles and 2 int. 5 by Gtown, 2 fumbles and 2 int. If Gtown could have connected on some passes, things may have been different. They had people open but could not hit them. Give credit to Ridgeway, they took it to the Devils, but to survive next week they must hold on to the ball. Oh and forget about returning kickoffs. It's not happening. Super leg!!

Game was ugly as far as turnovers go...in the first quarter it seemed like no one wanted the football! Ridgeway dominated the game on both sides of the ball. If they had been able to protect the football, the score would have been very ugly. The defense played an outstanding game...limited Germantown to 61 yards rushing, and 66 yards passing...the defense had a lot to do with Germantown not connecting on its passes...from what I have heard, Germantown is not a passing team - they were only passing b/c they had to. Ridgeway knows they must protect the football better to win next week...don't know if it was the cold or what, but they haven't had a turnover game like that all year. To have the turnovers they had and still win the game says a lot about the defensive effort of the Roadrunners.