Ridgeway @ Ravenwood

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn’t make much sense about people being in Jackson at the JCM-Melrose game. 1) This is 5A ball not 4A. 2) Why would anyone from Melrose care about going to the Ridgeway game? Are you telling me Germantown and Ridgeway plays second fiddle to Melrose? That’s a real shame. You go undefeated and you’re playing Germantown and all you hear is crickets chirping because everybody is in Jackson to watch Melrose.

Let me try this excuse on you. A lot of people that would be at the Brentwood-Ravenwood game were in Nashville at the White Creek-Hillsboro game. It sounds kind of silly!

The fans dont play,doesnt matter if there is no one there or not,the two teams will play each other period.

Edited by rhsbooster

Can any Ravenwood fans fill us in on where Jennings and Becker may play next year? Haven't heard much on that.

They both haven't been terribly hard to recruit... reasons r is jennings size... he is only 6'2 and about 180 pounds.. look at Jay cutler who is 6'4 and 220 lbs. and becker lost some interest from schools when he got injured in the second game of the season. I havent heard much from recruited but all i know (which is very minimal) is that northwestern has looked at TC. If TC was the right size he could go anywhere he wants to. He got a 33 on the ACT and his GPA is around 4.0. I think Becker is ur average student.

Ravenwood is a spread the field, 4 wideout, shotgun spread offense. They stay in it all game and allow their best player, T.C. Jennings make plays at QB. He runs it and throws it very well. A lot of pretty decent schools are recruiting this kid. They have some solid running backs and a couple of good little receivers. They don't mind throwing it around 30-40 times if they have to. Think of Ravenwood as a more sophisticated Memphis Melrose, minus the athletes, sans Jennings, Wilkerson, and Williams. They are a well coached team that has beaten the last two BlueCross bowl participants from the West bracket (Brentwood and Franklin) twice apiece this season.

They did not beat the last two bluecross bowl participants from the west bracket and they most certainly did not beat them twice each. They did beat Franklin twice and Brentwood twice this season, those two schools did not field the same team they went to the blue cross bowl. Ravenwood has an outstanding football team this year, pretty much the same team they had last year but a year older. Franklin does not have the same team this year as last, not even the same coach, and Bentwood is two years removed.

They did not beat the last two bluecross bowl participants from the west bracket and they most certainly did not beat them twice each. They did beat Franklin twice and Brentwood twice this season, those two schools did not field the same team they went to the blue cross bowl. Ravenwood has an outstanding football team this year, pretty much the same team they had last year but a year older. Franklin does not have the same team this year as last, not even the same coach, and Bentwood is two years removed.

Sometime these things get turned around by mistake. I guess McNine4MVP meant two of the last three years. Facts are:

• Franklin was the last 5A BlueCross participant with Riverdale

winning in 2004.

• In 2003, Germantown beat Riverdale in the BlueCross 5A

• In 2002, it was Brentwood beating Riverdale for the 5A crown

By the way, did you see Ravenwood play this year? If you did, you would know it is not the same as last year. Sophomores like Michael Becker and John Lopez are stepping up and making a difference.

Your logic is flawed. Why, the same team you talked about being down, took care of business in the playoff by beating excellent Region 5 teams of Gallatin, Antioch, Overton, and McGavock. I don’t think you call any of those team weak sisters. You might have some weak sisters in the top echelon of Region 7 or 8 but not in Region 5 or 6.

Ravenwood has not seen the speed of Ridgeway this year, I have seen them and I have seen Melrose thsi season and both are extremely fast, I know that Ravenwood is a very well coached team and very talented as well but do not underestimate the discipline of Ridgeway, They are for real, should be a great game.

Melrose is 4A ball. It seems like Ridgeway has recognition envy toward Melrose team as read in previous messages. Why don’t Ridgeway grow up? If Ridgeway is going to be in 5A, they need to act like it and not a 3A or 4A team. This whole Melrose team thing is getting boring. It would be like for us talking by Hillsboro. Who cares!!!

One thing I got from you're message; Region 5 & 6 teams are slow as turtles while Ridgeway Region 7 are fast as rabbits. Which Ridgeway players will be in the next Olympic Track & Field?

"I mean you gotta love these raptors, JT., I mean the I dont see ridgeway wont gain a single yard on this flock of raptors, JT." oh and by the way ravenrap i am the number one fan of jay nelson, and im in computer class right now, so my concetration for the game was there.

You played well in fact and a excellent team leader with class. You didn't stop playing and stayed focus. That's what I called a football player. Good Luck! Now get back to class. :thumb:

Melrose is 4A ball. It seems like Ridgeway has recognition envy toward Melrose team as read in previous messages. Why don’t Ridgeway grow up? If Ridgeway is going to be in 5A, they need to act like it and not a 3A or 4A team. This whole Melrose team thing is getting boring. It would be like for us talking by Hillsboro. Who cares!!!

One thing I got from you're message; Region 5 & 6 teams are slow as turtles while Ridgeway Region 7 are fast as rabbits. Which Ridgeway players will be in the next Olympic Track & Field?

Last time I checked, the TSSAA is what decides based on school attendance which class you HAVE to play in. There are plenty of 4A teams that can play with plenty of 5A teams. And in fact, the top teams in 4A are as good as the top teams in 5A. Who wouldn't love to see Maryville and Riverdale?!?!? My team has had plenty of experience in the old AAA, the 5A and now 4A systems. It matters not if you are "grown up" as you so eloquently put it. What matters is on the gridiron. And the Raptors will see what happens when Roadrunners take the field! Doesn't matter what class they are, all of the top Memphis teams (CBHS, MUS, Melrose, Ridgeway) are capable of beating Ravenwood or anybody else for that matter!