Notre Dame @ Livingston Academy

We lost to smith county :thumb: which by the way is for us this week ;) and unfortunally out of the playoffs :lol: You also have to consider that it has been several weeks ago back before we started to play really well. If we would have played like we did against them at any of those other games we would have been killed. It only goes to show how much we want to win. They have a lot of heart.(like all other teams left do)and want to go all the way. I think that those games are in the past and should be left there. They need to use home field to there advantage and make up for the other games we lost at home. It will only make the victory sweeter :D

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me try and explane to you about Hogeye because you will hear it alot friday night.

During the late 1930's and early 40's a number of students came to LA from a small community in northeast overton county called Bethsaida or "Hogeye". Many of these students played basketball. One year it was said that ten of the fifteen players on the girls team had come from Bethsaida or "Hogeye". When these players were on the floor playing,students that had also went to Betgsaida would yell for there classmates. they would yell "Lets go Hogeye,Lets go Hogeye" in support of their team and their comm. Our school yell also came from these people and is"H-O-G-E-Y-E Hogeye, Hogeye, T-N-T" :thumb:

Exactly,but did you copy it straight down from the LA booklet things they give out at the ball games .LOL .

We lost to smith county :thumb: which by the way is for us this week ;) and unfortunally out of the playoffs :lol: You also have to consider that it has been several weeks ago back before we started to play really well. If we would have played like we did against them at any of those other games we would have been killed. It only goes to show how much we want to win. They have a lot of heart.(like all other teams left do)and want to go all the way. I think that those games are in the past and should be left there. They need to use home field to there advantage and make up for the other games we lost at home. It will only make the victory sweeter :D

My bad,I always confuse those two.

let me try and explane to you about Hogeye because you will hear it alot friday night.

During the late 1930's and early 40's a number of students came to LA from a small community in northeast overton county called Bethsaida or "Hogeye". Many of these students played basketball. One year it was said that ten of the fifteen players on the girls team had come from Bethsaida or "Hogeye". When these players were on the floor playing,students that had also went to Betgsaida would yell for there classmates. they would yell "Lets go Hogeye,Lets go Hogeye" in support of their team and their comm. Our school yell also came from these people and is"H-O-G-E-Y-E Hogeye, Hogeye, T-N-T" :thumb:

Hey SuperBowl, MAybe we could get all the WH fans and all the LA fans together, around a campfire, they could recite the story of BDP and Hog-Head, then we could all sing Coombiyah. Charlie thinks both teams will have some free time next weekend. Charlie Murphy is amazed, two teams in two weeks, and they both have heart, this has got to be a record. HAs the TSSAA been informed. LA fans do not judge ND fans based on Charlie Murphy, I AM NOT A ND FAN !!!

Rocking Chair, do you have Charlie Murphy a ticket? And Charlie will take a Diet Pepsi.

Are you saying that all ND fans are like Charlie Murphy. I don't consider myself as cocky. And if I have been cocky then I am sorry. I don't think all ND fans are cocky. Infact many of the LA posts have sounded a little cocky.

Example: ND is overated and 13-0 means nothing.

Also I feel realy stupid, what is this Hog Eye stuff. I am confused, some one help me please. :thumb:

Exactly, I've been reading since Saturday and don't recall a single ND fan saying ND would roll, run and anything else over LA. Seems like you guys need to feel that way to win. I've said already, based on your schedule and recent results that LA should be the favorite. If you guys need to keep harping on ND's record and your perceived underdog status, it must mean LA fans believe it.

RABBLE ROUSER quote......

Also I feel realy stupid, what is this Hog Eye stuff. I am confused, some one help me please. smile.gif

Hogeye is the nick name of an area named Bethsaida near Livingston...many years ago, students from this area dominated our sports teams....people from the "Hogeye" community would chant "HOG EYE HOGEYE HOGEYE T-N-T" and it has stuck. It is now almost an "unofficial" mascot name with Wildcats being the official mascot. As the cheerleading coach, I can tell ya...nothing much pumps up our crowd better than a good ole HOGEYE chant!!!! Traditions run deep here at LA and HOGEYE is one we're proud of....i went to another area school during high school...and I had NOOOO idea what a hogeye is either...now I am 100% Hogeye..and proud of it :thumb:

RABBLE ROUSER quote......

Also I feel realy stupid, what is this Hog Eye stuff. I am confused, some one help me please. smile.gif

Hogeye is the nick name of an area named Bethsaida near Livingston...many years ago, students from this area dominated our sports teams....people from the "Hogeye" community would chant "HOG EYE HOGEYE HOGEYE T-N-T" and it has stuck. It is now almost an "unofficial" mascot name with Wildcats being the official mascot. As the cheerleading coach, I can tell ya...nothing much pumps up our crowd better than a good ole HOGEYE chant!!!! Traditions run deep here at LA and HOGEYE is one we're proud of....i went to another area school during high school...and I had NOOOO idea what a hogeye is either...now I am 100% Hogeye..and proud of it :thumb:

Not me. Didn't ask the question about Hog Eye.

Hey SuperBowl, MAybe we could get all the WH fans and all the LA fans together, around a campfire, they could recite the story of BDP and Hog-Head, then we could all sing Coombiyah. Charlie thinks both teams will have some free time next weekend. Charlie Murphy is amazed, two teams in two weeks, and they both have heart, this has got to be a record. HAs the TSSAA been informed. LA fans do not judge ND fans based on Charlie Murphy, I AM NOT A ND FAN !!!

Rocking Chair, do you have Charlie Murphy a ticket? And Charlie will take a Diet Pepsi.

Dear third person Charlie and Stuperbowl dream, You guys got on WH fans for interuppting other threads...but you guys just can't seem to quit bringing up our name in the ND- Livingston thread...... Give it a rest.....

To the Livingston fans.... I'm sorry to interrupt your thread and I'm especially sorry that ND fans have the propensity to disparage the HOGEYE and BDP themes to our respective teams..... I find it ironic that they do not understand our loyalty...especially since they COPY EXACTLY one of the most tradition rich programs in America..... Go figure......

Are you saying that all ND fans are like Charlie Murphy. I don't consider myself as cocky. And if I have been cocky then I am sorry. I don't think all ND fans are cocky. Infact many of the LA posts have sounded a little cocky.

Example: ND is overated and 13-0 means nothing.

Also I feel realy stupid, what is this Hog Eye stuff. I am confused, some one help me please. :thumb:

You're a senior this year? Must not get much playing time because you've posted alot. I think that the whole ND squad fans included will have their blankies, bottles and huggies packed because LA is going to spank them like a fat kid in wal-mart. All I hear is this 13-0 record....ask Gibson Co. how it feels to go home from the state with a 32-1 record. The only thing good that has ever came from Chatt. is I-75.

Livingston will ROLE!!!!

Edited by 02Wildcat