OFFICIAL WORD...

westtn2004state

Self-rightous? The truth is what it is. That is the problem with our society. No one takes responsibility. So here some of us are, giving him an excuse. That's why it happened a second time. Players feel its ok, and it's not my fault for my actions. A referee doesn't just toss someone because they are going to FSU, Miss State, Tennessee, or where ever. It is called accountability. No matter who you are, you are always accountable for your actions. Quit making excuses, teach character, and help these boys becaome responsible, respectable young men. That way, when they do make it big, we aren't reading about DUI's, or Shootings, or Drugs, or Hit and Run.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beleive me, there was nothing overlooked by the officials on the field concerning Brandon Warren. Most of the negative comments are coming from people who weren't at the game. Warren violated the rules and he is paying the price. He has played in many football games without incident. He is not a thug but he has shown a lack of judgement in two games. The name-calling and dire predictions are coming from a few people with little information. There are always these self-righteous people around who need to unfairly criticize others.

I was there and the problem is not that the officials overlooked anything, it's that they were tooooooo particular about details. Micro managing the game is not good and they were micro managing only Alcoa.

The first penalty I will agree should have been called. However, the 2nd penalty was completely a bad judgment call by the official. We talk about the players controlling their emotions during the game and the same thing needs to be said about the officials who sometimes try to make a statement that does not need to be made. The call was blown. Loudon had a player who was pushing and shoving and while he was flagged once, he was left in the game. If Warren was ejected for having 2 personal foul penalties without fighting, then the Loudon player should have been ejected for his pushing and shoving tactics, probably designed to get more Alcoa players in trouble.

Rev Jlane

I dont think he should be done from athletics, remember he's just a kid we all made stupid decisions at that age. But I do think it should be an automatic DQ from the Mr. Football Award. Most people think the award is a joke anyway, and the TSSAA just helped add fuel to the fire by the statement the had on BW. Why even keep him as a finalist if he cant help his team win a championship because of his own antics. He's already commited and its not like Bobby Bowden cares about awards anyway, the 2003 Mr. Football in the state of Florida sits the bench for FSU.

I don't think the Mr. Football award is a joke...your opinion...not most peoples..there have been alot of good football players receive this award.

I was there and the problem is not that the officials overlooked anything, it's that they were tooooooo particular about details. Micro managing the game is not good and they were micro managing only Alcoa.

The first penalty I will agree should have been called. However, the 2nd penalty was completely a bad judgment call by the official. We talk about the players controlling their emotions during the game and the same thing needs to be said about the officials who sometimes try to make a statement that does not need to be made. The call was blown. Loudon had a player who was pushing and shoving and while he was flagged once, he was left in the game. If Warren was ejected for having 2 personal foul penalties without fighting, then the Loudon player should have been ejected for his pushing and shoving tactics, probably designed to get more Alcoa players in trouble.

Rev Jlane

This whole conspiracy theory makes me laugh. The kid broke the rules and must be punished. When a kid gets ejected twice in one year it is no coincidence. Ask the Alcoa coaches what they think of his actions. They won't make excuses. They are not too happy with him right now.

I think that if Brandon had just spun the ball...and done nothing else the whole game...then there'd be no need for this topic of conversation at all. While spinning the ball may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, none of us know how much else went on before that. Brandon is an emotional leader on the football field. As such, he's loud and draws attention to himself. And when attention is already on you, a mistake like this one cannot go without notice. And when noticed, it has to be addressed.

When you're playing with one suspension under your belt and one personal foul already in that game, you have to be cognizant of the situation and adjust accordingly. It's like playing with 4 fouls in basketball.

Brandon let his team and fans down...again. I hope that this will not affect Alcoa's march to repeat as champs or Brandon's success at the next level, but I do hope that he learns his lesson well.

Just something I've heard around the community is that since Warrens ejection the first time (in KY) wasnt under TSSAA rules or TSSAA officials that TSSAA may be looking at it as a first offense. If thats true then Warren will be out the Tyner game but will be warmly greeted at Boro if/when the Tornadoes get that far....Just a rumor ive heard around the community!

It doesn't work that way unfortunately. Your under TSSAA sanction wherever you play, regardless of location. That's my understanding.

Self-rightous? The truth is what it is. That is the problem with our society. No one takes responsibility. So here some of us are, giving him an excuse. That's why it happened a second time. Players feel its ok, and it's not my fault for my actions. A referee doesn't just toss someone because they are going to FSU, Miss State, Tennessee, or where ever. It is called accountability. No matter who you are, you are always accountable for your actions. Quit making excuses, teach character, and help these boys becaome responsible, respectable young men. That way, when they do make it big, we aren't reading about DUI's, or Shootings, or Drugs, or Hit and Run.

Right along the lines of my thinking. Many are saying these actions are Ok and making excuses for BW. How about this? The rules are the rules and judgment is apart of an officials duties. Ever think BW should have simply not danced and spun the ball after the TD? All I have heard is how good this kid is and how picked on he is just because "Some" think he is a big time football player. There are others who are expected to sign with major colleges and they are not getting tossed, I wonder why?

Maybe the FSU coach who was there put pressure on BW to show out, like they do at the next level where discipline (Check UT) is not important? And that's what MADE BW pull this stuff. No I was not at the game but I did see the last dance and spin on sports overtime that night, and without question it was excessive.

Let's be honest here, the rules were broken and sooner or later something like this was going to happen to this “Good kid. Good luck to him at the next level.

Right along the lines of my thinking. Many are saying these actions are Ok and making excuses for BW. How about this? The rules are the rules and judgment is apart of an officials duties. Ever think BW should have simply not danced and spun the ball after the TD? All I have heard is how good this kid is and how picked on he is just because "Some" think he is a big time football player. There are others who are expected to sign with major colleges and they are not getting tossed, I wonder why?

Maybe the FSU coach who was there put pressure on BW to show out, like they do at the next level where discipline (Check UT) is not important? And that's what MADE BW pull this stuff. No I was not at the game but I did see the last dance and spin on sports overtime that night, and without question it was excessive.

Let's be honest here, the rules were broken and sooner or later something like this was going to happen to this “Good kid. Good luck to him at the next level.

What needs to be stated is that with him or not, Alcoa wins. Having him thrown out of the game was probably the most unfortunate thing that could have happened for Loudon.

Having said that, the official made a poor judgment call. I have seen worse actions from high school football players this year that have not been ejected.

No doubt, frustration set in with him because he was close to breaking the TD and was tripped up. The only way that he should have been ejected or flagged is that if he had said something worhty of ejection; but no one is making that argument.

He did not dance that is an exaggeration. Most people making character judgments about Warren need to chill. Most of the comments being made are being made from people not at the game.

I'm not sure what your opinion of him as a football player is but it seems as if you think he is overrated. I'm not sure if he is the best player in TN but I would love to see who is if Warren is not.

Maybe he shouldn't have spun the ball after getting tackled but the ref should have used better judgment. The quality of those officials was seriously lacking. Not just on that play but the entire game. Many holds, illegal blocks, false starts, inappropriate handling of time management, personal fouls not called, other ejections that SHOULD have been made, pass interferences were not called (penalties on BOTH sides).

I wish people could stick to the facts of the game and not make character judgments on someone. Talk about what he did in the game and not about how much trouble he should be in and what his future off the field actions will be. To make such judgments is unnecessary and classless.

It sounds as if some are jealous or upset b/c he is going to FSU and not Tennessee. But after Saturday's embarrassing display of futility, who can blame Brandon for going to FSU?????? I hope Lindsey changes his mind and goes somewhere else; he deserves better.

This is unfortunate for several reasons. At this point it needs to be said that it is unfortunate b/c he is one of the best high school football players to come from this area ever. It's a shame that his career had to end this way. I hope the TSSAA uses better judgment than that officiating crew and stops the attacks upon the Alcoa program which have been escalated since the 91-7 G-P thrashing.

I have also heard the rumor that since the Hopkinsville game fell under KY rules, the suspension will only be for 1 game.

What needs to be stated is that with him or not, Alcoa wins. Having him thrown out of the game was probably the most unfortunate thing that could have happened for Loudon.

Having said that, the official made a poor judgment call. I have seen worse actions from high school football players this year that have not been ejected.

No doubt, frustration set in with him because he was close to breaking the TD and was tripped up. The only way that he should have been ejected or flagged is that if he had said something worhty of ejection; but no one is making that argument.

He did not dance that is an exaggeration. Most people making character judgments about Warren need to chill. Most of the comments being made are being made from people not at the game.

I'm not sure what your opinion of him as a football player is but it seems as if you think he is overrated. I'm not sure if he is the best player in TN but I would love to see who is if Warren is not.

Maybe he shouldn't have spun the ball after getting tackled but the ref should have used better judgment. The quality of those officials was seriously lacking. Not just on that play but the entire game. Many holds, illegal blocks, false starts, inappropriate handling of time management, personal fouls not called, other ejections that SHOULD have been made, pass interferences were not called (penalties on BOTH sides).

I wish people could stick to the facts of the game and not make character judgments on someone. Talk about what he did in the game and not about how much trouble he should be in and what his future off the field actions will be. To make such judgments is unnecessary and classless.

It sounds as if some are jealous or upset b/c he is going to FSU and not Tennessee. But after Saturday's embarrassing display of futility, who can blame Brandon for going to FSU?????? I hope Lindsey changes his mind and goes somewhere else; he deserves better.

This is unfortunate for several reasons. At this point it needs to be said that it is unfortunate b/c he is one of the best high school football players to come from this area ever. It's a shame that his career had to end this way. I hope the TSSAA uses better judgment than that officiating crew and stops the attacks upon the Alcoa program which have been escalated since the 91-7 G-P thrashing.

I have also heard the rumor that since the Hopkinsville game fell under KY rules, the suspension will only be for 1 game.