Coach t

my2cents

Ask Knox Catholic how easy it is in D-1. They turned in their equipment today. If they stayed in D-ll, they probably would have been in the championship game again.

On the other hand, Mighty McCallie being beat by 2A and a 4th in their region 4A team.

Please, Dll might as well stand for "everyone gets to go to State".

1. Who is Knox Catholic? We're talking about the big boys (d2-3a) here.

2. Notice how McCallie lost in the first round of our playoffs.

3. I'm most familiar with MUS, whose game opener was against a team who was ranked second in their region at years end. Oh yea, MUS won 47-0.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If D-II is so easy then let them back in to play with public schools. The D-1 schools(Rakin) kicked them out b/c D-I couldnt win. Before the split private schools won 80% of the state championships. Oh and catholic never won a state championship in D-II and thats why they left and have had only 1 runner up...plus catholic knocked of the 2 time 3a champion Fulton and shoot Notre Dame is in the semis of 3a and they were one of the worst teams in D-II AA.

Bottom line is no one on here can say anything about D-II schools when there not given the chance to play with D-I. All they can do is play the cards there given

1. Who is Knox Catholic? We're talking about the big boys (d2-3a) here.

2. Notice how McCallie lost in the first round of our playoffs.

3. I'm most familiar with MUS, whose game opener was against a team who was ranked second in their region at years end. Oh yea, MUS won 47-0.

They were (12-1) and in the State Playoff game in 2003 in D-ll AA. They went to the playoffs last year and 10-1 and beat Father Ryan, JPJll, Notre Dame, BGA and Knox Webb. So thats who they are.

Didn't McCallie Beat BA (30-23) in the Regular Season and then lost by 3 in the playoffs? Didn't CBHS only win by 3 against BA, and the finals against the Big Boys in D-ll settled by 3?

Since McCallie was brave enough to play small top notch public schools and was beat soundly. I think the 2A school was ahead by 30 when they stuck in their second string. I would say your top program couldn't even when 2A D-1. :thumb:

What a joke. Out of 8 teams 6 go to the playoffs. Pleasssssssssssssse! At least McCallie played some top D-1 Small Schools! Can't say that about MUS. I'm sure Melrose would like to test the preps! Your ties must be to tight if you think that your boys could win against the Riverdales and Oak Ridge programs.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

If D-II is so easy then let them back in to play with public schools. The D-1 schools(Rakin) kicked them out b/c D-I couldnt win. Before the split private schools won 80% of the state championships. Oh and catholic never won a state championship in D-II and thats why they left and have had only 1 runner up...plus catholic knocked of the 2 time 3a champion Fulton and shoot Notre Dame is in the semis of 3a and they were one of the worst teams in D-II AA.

Bottom line is no one on here can say anything about D-II schools when there not given the chance to play with D-I. All they can do is play the cards there given

You putting out bad info. Here's the facts not fiction!

1998 Oakland Class 5A 46-24 Nashville Attendance - 14,500

1997 Riverdale Class 5A 34-18 Nashville Attendance - 8,000

1996 Brentwood Academy Class 5A 28-7 Nashville Attendance - 18,000

1995 Brentwood Academy Class 5A 27-16 Nashville Attendance - 28,500

1994 Riverdale Class 5A 14-10 Nashville Attendance - 13, 500

1993 Lincoln County Class 5A 20-7

You need to check your math. Before the split! Only one private schools was winning State Championships in the 90s and that was BA. and if that doesn't work try these facts.

1992 Gallatin Class AAA 21-13 Nashville Attendance - 23,000

1991 Oak Ridge Class AAA 30-0 Nashville Attendance - 27,000

1990 Lincoln County Class AAA 35-13 Nashville Attendance - 23,000

1989 Gallatin Class AAA 19-9 Nashville Attendance - 18,000

1988 Dickson County Class AAA 10-0 Nashville Attendance - 32,000

1987 Jefferson County Class AAA 28-10 Nashville Attendance - 27,600

1986 Knoxville Halls Class AAA 17-15 Nashville Attendance - 7,000

1985 Hillcrest Class AAA 28-2 Nashville Attendance - 6,500

1984 Oakland Class AAA 21-8 Nashville Attendance - 8,000

1983 Germantown Class AAA 37-6 Nashville Attendance - 6,000

1982 Lincoln County Class AAA 13-10 (OT) Nashville Attendance - 26,300

1981 John Overton Class AAA 3-0 Nashville Attendance - 8,201

1980 Oak Ridge Class AAA 13-0 Oak Ridge Attendance - 8,175

1979 Oak Ridge Class AAA 39-28 Jackson Attendance - 5,170

1978 Gallatin Class AAA 42-13 Chattanooga Attendance - 10,223

1977 Christian Brothers Class AAA 22-19 Memphis Attendance - 5,573

1976 Bradley Central Class AAA 50-48 (3 OT) Murfreesboro Attendance - 4,421

1975 Oak Ridge Class AAA 46-22 Murfreesboro Attendance - 6,346

1974 Father Ryan Class AAA 29-28 Cookeville Attendance - 4,271

1973 Baylor Class AAA 6-0 Memphis Attendance - 5,751

1972 Tennessee Class AAA 39-6 Bristol Attendance - 7,087

1971 Tennessee Class AAA 52-0 Bristol Attendance - 8,745

1970 Murfreesboro Central Class AAA 36-0 Murfreesboro Attendance - 8,483

1969 Morristown East Class AAA 15-12 Knoxville

Baby, thats not 80%. It's less than 10%! :thumb:

You need to stop drinking out of the Big Muddy! :blink:

In addition only one other private school was in the Championship Game twice and that was Baylor.

Nothing but the facts, Mam!

rules.2.gif

It’s amazing how the focus is on McCallie’s two non-DII losses (and only one of those would be considered a “bad” loss), and yet no attention is given to the fact that DII-AAA, which merely went 30-6 versus non DII-AAA competition this year, owns victories, among others, over the following:

a one-loss I-5A semifinalist

a one-loss I-4A semifinalist

a two-loss 4A semifinalist in Kentucky (KY’s largest class)

the defending I-5A runner-up

DII-AAA’s winning percentage versus DI schools since 1997 remains in the 70%+ range with this year’s results. There still is the overhang of three former DI-4A or 5A champions suffering their only losses of the year to non-champs from DII-AAA (’97 Pearl-Cohn, ’02 Brentwood, ’03 Germantown). And yet all the naysayers can usually come up with is a playoff jab (and yet fail to look in the mirror and see the 2-8 teams and other .500 and below teams in the DI playoffs).

Masterblaster, you’re certainly entitled to your opinions, but when you start making pre-split arguments and include 1998 and 1997 results, you lose credibility (while mofo’s claim may be wrong, you were incorrect to include the post split years of 1997 and 1998). When you make comments like, “Melrose would like to test the preps”, and fail to realize that Melrose’s only loss this year came to CBHS (the non DII-AAA champ which lost to two DII-AAA teams), you lose credibility.

Just trying to stay on the theme of “facts not fiction”.

It’s amazing how the focus is on McCallie’s two non-DII losses (and only one of those would be considered a “bad” loss), and yet no attention is given to the fact that DII-AAA, which merely went 30-6 versus non DII-AAA competition this year, owns victories, among others, over the following:

a one-loss I-5A semifinalist

a one-loss I-4A semifinalist

a two-loss 4A semifinalist in Kentucky (KY’s largest class)

the defending I-5A runner-up

DII-AAA’s winning percentage versus DI schools since 1997 remains in the 70%+ range with this year’s results. There still is the overhang of three former DI-4A or 5A champions suffering their only losses of the year to non-champs from DII-AAA (’97 Pearl-Cohn, ’02 Brentwood, ’03 Germantown). And yet all the naysayers can usually come up with is a playoff jab (and yet fail to look in the mirror and see the 2-8 teams and other .500 and below teams in the DI playoffs).

Masterblaster, you’re certainly entitled to your opinions, but when you start making pre-split arguments and include 1998 and 1997 results, you lose credibility (while mofo’s claim may be wrong, you were incorrect to include the post split years of 1997 and 1998). When you make comments like, “Melrose would like to test the preps”, and fail to realize that Melrose’s only loss this year came to CBHS (the non DII-AAA champ which lost to two DII-AAA teams), you lose credibility.

Just trying to stay on the theme of “facts not fiction”.

Your Correct I missed the 7-0 loss. BTW- Give CB the credit for taking on Melrose! I thought the split was in 98 but I stand corrected. The # of Championships doesn't change. It's still Less than 10% that the private schools won when it was wide open. BTW-My family went to FR and I know that the top private programs have great kids and good football.

I just wish it was still the best vs the best. It does look funny in all sports in the D-ll when you see 80% or more of the schools or in the case of wrestling all going to state or this year when one of your teams in the Championship game played 2 teams twice and lost to the one they beat in the Championship game.

Since Maryville Beat Melrose last year and are undefeated this year I guess you could say your best is only as good as 4A. It all according to how you look at it.

When BA was the top dog! They proved it! Now D-II AAA has become suspect in the State of TN.

They were (12-1) and in the State Playoff game in 2003 in D-ll AA. They went to the playoffs last year and 10-1 and beat Father Ryan, JPJll, Notre Dame, BGA and Knox Webb. So thats who they are.

Didn't McCallie Beat BA (30-23) in the Regular Season and then lost by 3 in the playoffs? Didn't CBHS only win by 3 against BA, and the finals against the Big Boys in D-ll settled by 3?

Since McCallie was brave enough to play small top notch public schools and was beat soundly. I think the 2A school was ahead by 30 when they stuck in their second string. I would say your top program couldn't even when 2A D-1. :thumb:

What a joke. Out of 8 teams 6 go to the playoffs. Pleasssssssssssssse! At least McCallie played some top D-1 Small Schools! Can't say that about MUS. I'm sure Melrose would like to test the preps! Your ties must be to tight if you think that your boys could win against the Riverdales and Oak Ridge programs.

Yeah keep talking but it was the whining of all you public schools that got us separated in the first place because you could never win. Melrose got beat by CBHS. Please try again noob kkthxGG.

Your Correct I missed the 7-0 loss. BTW- Give CB the credit for taking on Melrose! I thought the split was in 98 but I stand corrected. The # of Championships doesn't change. It's still Less than 10% that the private schools won when it was wide open. BTW-My family went to FR and I know that the top private programs have great kids and good football.

I just wish it was still the best vs the best. It does look funny in all sports in the D-ll when you see 80% or more of the schools or in the case of wrestling all going to state or this year when one of your teams in the Championship game played 2 teams twice and lost to the one they beat in the Championship game.

Since Maryville Beat Melrose last year and are undefeated this year I guess you could say your best is only as good as 4A. It all according to how you look at it.

When BA was the top dog! They proved it! Now D-II AAA has become suspect in the State of TN.

Nice way to play off MUS winning 2 in a row. When MUS wins two in a row Div2 AAA is now suspect huh? Guess some things never change.

Edited by Bauber

Not trying to start an argument here, but...

If DII-AAA is "suspect" because they're not “proving it” like when BA was top dog (I assume you’re making reference to BA’s 5A titles won in pre-split 1995 and 1996, when all schools were together), what exactly does that say about DI, which equally has played without the private schools during the same period since 1997?

DII-AAA has the aforementioned winning percentage versus DI. They’ve had nationally ranked teams in the past nine years. All nine DII-AAA champs have gone undefeated in non-league play, which included sweeps of all DI schools played. The league is holding its own, to say the least.