Coach t

my2cents

Yeah keep talking but it was the whining of all you public schools that got us separated in the first place because you could never win. Melrose got beat by CBHS. Please try again noob kkthxGG.

Melrose isn't 5A! Your top team won 7-0. Big whoop! Mel rose wasn't even the defending State Champs. Again, I'm not saying that the D-II Teams are not top caliber programs. Nevertheless, it is sad when only BA is playing 5A powers.

I understand why! You have to keep that win percentage up. :thumb:

You better talk to McCallie. Since they played two 2A programs and was spanked by one of them and then lost to an average 4A program. Sad! :(

No one has explained why the Preps only have a less than 10% win ratio when it comes to the State Championship games when it was open to the best.

I'm sure you can come up with some other stats but the one that tells me the facts is when the best played the best.

5 Championships for the preps in 28 years when it wasn't split. Yeah, thats Domination. All that recruiting and they best they could do was 5. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice way to play off MUS winning 2 in a row. When MUS wins two in a row Div2 AAA is now suspect huh? Guess some things never change.

I haven't seen MUS play so it's not fair for me to judge. But looking at the folks they played, their schedule is suspect!!!

They played two 4A programs with losing records and a 5A program that went 6-5.

I guess Germantown, Collierville, Ridgeway and other top teams wouldn't schedule you.

I guess you need to start scheduling 1A programs to keep those stats up! :thumb::( Enjoy your Turkey day because thats what the D-II AAA Championships have become! A TURKEY!

I haven't seen MUS play so it's not fair for me to judge. But looking at the folks they played, their schedule is suspect!!!

They played two 4A programs with losing records and a 5A program that went 6-5.

I guess Germantown, Collierville, Ridgeway and other top teams wouldn't schedule you.

I guess you need to start scheduling 1A programs to keep those stats up! :thumb::( Enjoy your Turkey day because thats what the D-II AAA Championships have become! A TURKEY!

Once again, not trying to pick a fight, but you are missing the boat. With all due respect, you need a history lesson. Here’s a short one.

MBA has played, among others, Oakland (when Oakland was the defending 5A champ in 1999; MBA beat ‘em like a drum), Lincoln County (MBA sweep), and Dobyns-Bennett (two-game split) since the inception of DII; there are quite a few state titles and national rankings among those three programs.

McCallie also knocked heads with Lincoln County during the early 2000s (Blue Tornado won both). McCallie also scheduled (and beat) Red Bank in 2001 when Red Bank was the defending 5A champ.

MUS used to play Germantown quite regularly, and based on MUS’s dominance of that series (25-14 in favor of MUS), that may be the reason they’re not playing currently – go to the MUS website and see MUS’s dominance of that series. You also mentioned Collierville and Ridgeway. Well, Collierville is 4-18-1 all-time versus MUS, and Ridgeway is a whopping 0-8 lifetime versus the Owls. I doubt those schools are pining away for the Owls.

As previously mentioned, CBHS handed Germantown its only loss in Germantown’s 2003 title run. CBHS didn’t even make the title game that year.

Father Ryan has played Franklin and Brentwood in recent years (and as the league’s bottom feeder this year, gave Franklin a worse beating that Franklin’s other 5A opponents gave the Rebels in their other three losses combined).

The list goes on. Keep in mind, it takes two to tango when it comes to scheduling. Based on the league’s historically strong scheduling in-state, and the fact that more of the schools are now having to go out-of-state to schedule games (and in some cases, multiple times, such as MBA and McCallie this year), it would be hard to make a compelling argument that DII-AAA avoids tough competition.

Rebuttal?

Edited by rollredroll

Most State Championships for Football

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School Count

Brentwood Academy 9

Montgomery Bell Academy 8

Maryville 8

Oak Ridge 7

Dobyns Bennett 6

Chattanooga Central 6

Battle Ground Academy 6

Alcoa 6

Trousdale County 5

Riverdale 4

Marion County 4

Milan 4

Knoxville High 3

Lincoln County 3

Gallatin 3

Cleveland 3

Austin East 3

Loudon 3

Goodpasture 3

Sweetwater 3

South Pittsburg 3

Donelson Christian Academy 3

Evangelical Christian School 3

Bishop Byrne 3

Bradley Central 2

Jackson 2

Oakland 2

Germantown 2

Father Ryan 2

Tennessee 2

Pearl Cohn 2

Memphis University School 2

Melrose 2

Webb School of Knoxville 2

David Lipscomb 2

Lake County 2

Christ Presbyterian Academy 2

Briarcrest 2

Fulton 2

Memphis Tech 1

Memphis Central 1

Columbia Central 1

Sevier County 1

Dickson County 1

Jefferson County 1

Knoxville Halls 1

Hillcrest 1

John Overton 1

Christian Brothers 1

Baylor 1

Murfreesboro Central 1

Morristown East 1

Memphis East 1

Marshall County 1

Humboldt 1

Kingston 1

White House 1

Springfield 1

Tyner 1

Oneida 1

Franklin Road Academy 1

Bruceton Central 1

Greenback 1

Spring Hill 1

Gordonsville 1

Memphis Catholic 1

Rockwood 1

Walland 1

Dyer County 1

Tennessee Preparatory School 1

Portland 1

Red Bank 1

McCallie 1

Ezell Harding 1

Ridgeway 1

Brentwood 1

Southern Baptist Educational Center 1

Boyd Buchanan 1

Huntingdon 1

Hillsboro 1

Now Those are the facts.

Most State Championships for Football

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School Count

Brentwood Academy 9

Montgomery Bell Academy 8

Maryville 8

Oak Ridge 7

Dobyns Bennett 6

Now Those are the facts.

Not really because your Counting the D-II (Second Class)Championships!

Also, there are more public schools that have a chance to bring home the gold ball.

rollredroll- Great Stats! I can't even try to come up with a rebuttal. It would take more time and brain power than I have. :thumb: It's an endless argument that they have separate topic sections for.

I know the football fans would love to see the old system prior to the split back w/o recruiting.

BTW- No one ever answered the domination of the public Schools in the Non-split years. I know when your beat, change the argument. :o:thumb:

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Not really because your Counting the D-II (Second Class)Championships!

Also, there are more public schools that have a chance to bring home the gold ball.

rollredroll- Great Stats! I can't even try to come up with a rebuttal. It would take more time and brain power than I have. :thumb: It's an endless argument that they have separate topic sections for.

I know the football fans would love to see the old system prior to the split back w/o recruiting.

BTW- No one ever answered the domination of the public Schools in the Non-split years. I know when your beat, change the argument. B):thumb:

Brentwood Academy (9) 1974,1980,1981,1982,1987,1988,1991,1995,1996

Montgomery Bell Academy (5) 1998,1999,2000,2002,2003

Maryville (8) 1970,1976,1978,1998,2000,2001,2002,2004

Oak Ridge (4) 1975,1979,1980,1991

I wasnt trying argue, I was just putting a list of football state champions out. :o

No one ever answered the domination of the public Schools in the Non-split years. I know when your beat, change the argument. :thumb::thumb:

The following adds fuel to the fire of the anti-privates on the P/P debate, but we're debating a different matter here:

Pre-split, and since '69 (beginning of playoff era), 92 titles were awarded. Privates, which represent maybe 10-15% of the schools in the state during that era, won 23 of them (25%); publics, which represent maybe 85-90% of the schools in the state during that era, won 69 (75%).

It is clear why the publics dominated in state titles during that era. What is less clear is why they did it at an underperforming rate.

Edited by rollredroll