Franklin County Job

DelTavian

Congradulations to Steve, AKA Franklin County Head Coach :lol:

Sad to see the man depart from my favorite Riverdale, but Franklin Co. is getting a great HC in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how he matches up against his old team. Last Riverdale coach I can remember that left to become a head coach, won the state championship versus his old team the next year. While it is impossible for Riverdale and Franklin Co. to play in the state championship, they most likely will pass each other in the playoffs once again as they have several of the past few years. It is going to be REALLY interesting to see.

Also it will be interesting to see how Riverdales Oline will shape up considering only one starter returning and the departure of Britton. From the outside looking in it doesnt look good at this point, who knows, maybe they will suprise us. Hopefully.

If both teams had equal talent...Britton's team would win. However, even with Riverdale's talent being down next yr, Riverdale would still win easily. FC will struggle next yr to make the playoffs (unless some players transfers in). The folks in Winchester needs to be patient with Coach Britton. Supposedly, they have some very good classes coming up,,,,should have some good teams in a couple of yrs.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Coach Britton. Franklin County is a great place to live (and fish). I believe He will be happy here. I know the players will be happy to finally have a Head Coach.

As for "the talent level being down", I dont believe that in the slightest. There was a lot of talent that walked the sidelines for one reason or another last season. The mark of a good Coach is recognising what talent He has, getting the most out of that player, and playing Him in the position that will best help the Team. As much as I like and respect Mantooth, I dont think either He or his Assistants got the most They could have out of the players.

That said, i wonder which Assistants he will keep and Who He will bring in?

Congratulations to Coach Britton. Franklin County is a great place to live (and fish). I believe He will be happy here. I know the players will be happy to finally have a Head Coach.

As for "the talent level being down", I dont believe that in the slightest. There was a lot of talent that walked the sidelines for one reason or another last season. The mark of a good Coach is recognising what talent He has, getting the most out of that player, and playing Him in the position that will best help the Team. As much as I like and respect Mantooth, I dont think either He or his Assistants got the most They could have out of the players.

That said, i wonder which Assistants he will keep and Who He will bring in?

Several coaches in the region and surrounding areas would disagree with you. They think that Mantooth and the assistants that stayed ( he was 2 short) did a good job of getting that team to the playoffs. The team of 04 underachieved dued to discipline problems, players attitudes and parent(s). The 05 group played more as a team and played hard. They were in the Tullahoma, Lincoln games and played tough against Cookeville.

Del, as far as I know...Coach Colquette was never under consideration for the Franklin County job. The suprises (or shockers) that I heard included Coach Crawford and one other coach (who will remain nameless).

Hey Jimmy,

I didn't realize that you and KC were good of friends. Or are you getting your info from Winchester? Perhaps Gabby?

• 4 weeks later...