Region 2 5A Football 2006

SergeantOwl22

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, I noticed as the season went along that the top teams have many seniors. I was at the Oak Ridge/Farragut game 1, and noticed that both teams have 25-30 seniors on their roster. Seems like Ooltewah does as well. I'm sure there is talent behind all of those seniors though. I am pretty sure William Blount has a lot back and they made the playoffs. McMinn Co. is supposed to have many returning and obviously a good freshman crop coming up for reserves as I believe that was one of the troubles in Athens, no depth. I would still think that Heritage and Bradley are in the cellar and have no idea about Soddy, but it looks like it could be an even more interesting year in 2006 for Region 2 5A.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Farragut might be able to take the region with a good group coming back even though they lost a lot of seniors. They have the sophmore of the year player coming back, Andre Sterling. They have the best coach in Coach Eddie Courtney. I think since last years team, Farragut is doing nothing but just working its way up to being one of those teams people talk about acrosss the state. And I am very proud to say I had the chance to play for Farragut and be an Admiral.

sorry guys but the region title stays in OR. yeah they lose spencer at TB, Daniel Johnson and leonard blair at fb, 3 offensive linemen, and must replace their entire d-line.. but OR should still do well especially with Conner Gulmire back at QB , with OR's new deep threat in Alonzo Douglas. Troy Venable returns at LB along with Paul Bingham at CB and gulmire at safety. plus they will get some new blood players like rapheal coffey (revel's younger brother) next year. As people say about us in OR, we dont REBUILD, instead we just RELOAD.

Roll Cats Roll

2006 5A state champs

Next year, 2-5A should be as wide open as any year we have ever seen. I don't see any clear favorites, but I will still go with my Wildcats because they expect to win everytime they go on the field.

Everybody in the region loses key seniors; who will be able to step up? I know our underclassmen are motivated to get back to the 'Boro and get the gold ball. This year was a fun one to watch, but next year should even be more interesting.

Just heard Ooltewah received $500,000.00 for a new field house for the football program donated by a very special family from Cleveland and if your familiar with UTC Basketball their name is on the arena they play in. Thank you for your generosity and our community is very grateful and blessed by your gift. I know the young men will appreciate this new addition as well as all of our alumni and families. Again Thank you and Go Owls!

Next year, 2-5A should be as wide open as any year we have ever seen. I don't see any clear favorites, but I will still go with my Wildcats because they expect to win everytime they go on the field.

Everybody in the region loses key seniors; who will be able to step up? I know our underclassmen are motivated to get back to the 'Boro and get the gold ball. This year was a fun one to watch, but next year should even be more interesting.

Wait and see the Ooltewah O-Line next year if you thought the SR's were BIG these guys are BIGGER reload baby reload. The excitement for next season for our region is that new names will appear in the spotlight. Who knows more records could be broken this is what makes this such a great game.

I'm betting that Ooltewah will have a great year next year, maybe even better than this year. They will be pretty talented.

Farragut has the possibility to have a good run too. Sterling looks pretty good out there on the field. Now, what about the Reveiz brothers? Were they both seniors? If any of them come back, they'll be looking for blood next year.

I don't see McMinn, Bradley Central, or Heritage going anywhere. It could possibly happen with McMinn though.

Not too sure 'bout Soddy-Daisy or William Blount, though if W. Blount is losing a lot of seniors, that could be detrimental.

My predictions for who makes play-offs: Oak Ridge, Farragut, Ooltewah, and Soddy-Daisy/ McMinn

And then maybe the top three teams will have the potential to move on to the 2nd, 3rd, maybe 4th round.

I don't see another region 2 5A team in next year's championship though. Just too much talent being lost this year. I hope I'm wrong though.