Best Freshmen in East Tennessee

philip2003

Cosby has en excellent class of Freshmen this year that have played together in AAU for years. Whitney Hartsell is starting point guard for the varsity squad and would have gotten a lot of play time if she had been allowed to play high school ball her 8th grade year. I hate to name others in case I leave someone out, but Hartsell, Stevie Gorrell, Kalsea Mantooth, and Preanna Davis as freshmen varsity players give Coach Payne a deep bench when Vasquez, Hannah, Webb, Chandler, et. al., need a break.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

volleyeagle I might get to see them in the Region? Well now comes one tricky part who are some of the best freshman players who don't get much playing time or none at all. I know 3 or 4 really really good freshman but they are competeing with really good seniors and juniors. One to mention Bethany Harlen. Good outside game.

Elizabethton's 6'1" freshman post Mariah Pietrowski is a name for the future. She had a nice game against Crockett last night and has shown flashes of her potential in earlier games. She will be developed slowly as her 6'3" junior sister Michaela plays ahead of her. The Cyclones also have Marti Bush and Eden Treadway in the post, so that gives them the luxury of developing Mariah slowly, but she will be a force for the Cyclones in the near future.

Ive got to add the Lady Jets into this fray with Freshmen Center/Forward Destiny Dishman. Destiny has unintentionally gotten some serious playing time early in the season due to the foul troubles Lady Jet and TTU signee Jennifer Hood has been experiencing (I think the refs are out to get 53). However, Destiny has shined for the Lady Jets expescially on the boards. Destiny Dishman a great rebounder and defender belongs on the list of the sates top freshmen!! :P

is she the one from clarkrange? if so she is a real good player seen her play a few times

Nichole Dickson in Greeneville is an outstanding player. Cloudland's freshman class played Nichole's squad last year in the Christmas tournament at Science Hill. Cloudland won the game, but I think Nichole had a good game. I'll still put our four freshman at Cloudland up against any other freshman class. They have played youth club and aau ball together since third grade. Our JV team will feature all the freshman, and they are all four seeing varying amounts of time in the varsity games as well. Due to the depth at certain positions, you will see more of a couple of them than the other two. Jordi Miller and Sydnie Buchanan will probably not see quite as much time as Shellie McKinney and BJ Johnson.

Incidentally, Jordi is a former Lady Vol Award Winner at Pat Summitt's camps.

I think the jv games may be more fun to watch than some of the varsity this year! East Tennessee has a load of good freshman all around.

I'd also like to add a vote for Kayleigh Elsea at Unaka. Good player.

The stats are starting to roll in. McMinn Central has four good freshmen, with one of them being outstanding.

Kylie Lambert has 71 points, 31 rebounds, 7 assists, and 12 steals

Lizard Elder has 2 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals

Gabby Jordan has 12 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 steals

Chelsie Simbeck has 30 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, and 8 steals

All these are from varsity games vs Pigeon Forge, Lenior City, McMinn County, Cleveland, Cedar Grove, and Tyner. They are good, and Kylie Lambert is the real deal.

Kayla Christopher is her mom the coach at OS. If her mom is the coach at OS then I might be able to understand the hiring of the new coach and thats about the only way anyone will understand that hire. Keep her mom around and keep her around. Anyway back to the post..... Let's really talk about the best Freshman in East Tennessee and possibly the best Freshman in the state. 6feet 4inches tall dominates the post and can step out and shoot the 3 ball. Now we are talking about the best Freshman in East Tennessee Oh yeah her name... Faith Dupree and can she can take over a game ask Willy Blount Come on people in the land of OZ you know about Faith dont compare her to any freshman around here.

Brittnay Allen from Powell (#10). She's fast and can handle the ball under presure really well. She has her moments like all freshman do but is a huge asset to the team. She started for Powell against Clinton (other starters where Caitlin Hollifield (JR), Kayla Mitchell (SR), Christian Britton (JR), and Carly Rhyne (JR)). Definately one to watch for the rest of the season.

Hailey Ervin and Katie Davis from Bradley. Ervin is 5'11 and growing and plays the guard position. She will be one of the best to come out of Bradley. Davis plays the four, but can pull out and shoot the three with great consistency. Both are big on the boards and are giving the Bearetees quality play. I expect by the end of the season for these two to be the difference in the team.

Kayla Christopher is her mom the coach at OS. If her mom is the coach at OS then I might be able to understand the hiring of the new coach and thats about the only way anyone will understand that hire. Keep her mom around and keep her around. Anyway back to the post..... Let's really talk about the best Freshman in East Tennessee and possibly the best Freshman in the state. 6feet 4inches tall dominates the post and can step out and shoot the 3 ball. Now we are talking about the best Freshman in East Tennessee Oh yeah her name... Faith Dupree and can she can take over a game ask Willy Blount Come on people in the land of OZ you know about Faith dont compare her to any freshman around here.

Faith Dupree is definitely one of the best in ET....Very few girls her size have a strong post and can stroke the three.....keep an eye on her....Caoch Christopher was a good hire despite her daughter....

Edited by chill