Oak Ridge 17 Riverdale 00000000

simocleo

What a great place for a football game. I was at the game on OR's side sitting in the reserved section and never got bumped out so it couldn't have been better.

I met some good people and was able to provide a lot of information on riverdale personnel, plays what they do etc and by halftime they had me up to par on their players etc.

They also have so many traditions it is hard to keep up with. They paged some guy to come to the press box and they told me he was an coach that had died years ago but they always page him to the press box 30 minutes before kickoff every home game!

Great place to play and good people.

As for the game:

This was no fluke or upset Oak Ridege was the best team on the field last night and their defense runs to the ball good as any I have seen this year. They definetly had a plan and that was give miller his yards but keep it to maximum 15 to 20 yards and make him take the sweeps to the outside by stringing him out.

For what ever reason Riverdale on offense choose to go away from all their usual stuff in the 1st qtr particularly. They usually run the 1st play away from gaston but after that they get it to him. Last night they kept running motion with #37 and trying to option it to him and also throwing more early than I have ever seen?

Gaston didn't get very many carries at all to nealry halftime becasue Oak Ridge scored twice and when they didn't they got 1st downs to run clock.

Riverdale came out the second half and it looked like they were going to get it to gaston a lot but then they ran a pitch to #37 and he fumbled at mid fileld. Not picking on #37 but wondering why keep going away from Gaston?

When riverdale tried to pass #4 for OR kept containment and got a great rush on thomas and did not allow him to roll out and throw which is wher he is more comfortable.

OR's new coach came to win and even with a lead he kept throwing and even tried to hit the long pass a couple times in the 4th qtr. He understood you have to beat Riverdale not just hope you can hang on for a victory.

Once again as riverdale man said it could have actually been worse OR had the ball several times in rdale territory and didn't convert. rdales only serious threat was at the end of the game after gaston broke a long run on a draw play. They threw another int in the end zone and it was over..

As for riverdale #2 hartsfield is the most under rated player I have seen all year!

He played with more emotion and hustle than anybody on riverdale and actually played a huge part in keeping them in the game. He is flat out better than #33

even when #33 is healthy

Also the qb for OR lwas cool as the other side of the pillow all night he never looked rattled and made great decisions with the ball.

I do not believe OR had a sinle turnover ?

Guilmire and Miller have virtually identical numbers both are nominated for Mr Football

Miller is going to vandy and had several other division one schools calling. From what folks told me last night gulimire has zero division one offers what is up with that?

From what I hear OR has won 4 state championships?

If so I know where the can get some one for the thumb t shirts cheap ( :

Sir,

Oak Ridge has 9 state and one National Championship....

We need "ONE FOR THE PINKEY " tee shirts

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and I think that the major key was OR scored 2 quick TDs on passing plays. It seemed to shocked the Riverdale team that on both these plays the OR wr outran the DB to make the play. I know on the 2nd TD the defender fell, but he was beat before he fell. This seemed to change the way Riverdale played offensively.

I think both S. Gulmire and Miller are studs. Vandy is getting a good one in Miller. Everyone is missing the boat on Gulmire if they are not recruiting him. He is a strong, quick runner which I knew but the thing that surprised me was he has the speed to turn the corner and take it the distance.

No doubt about our #2 ! Kit Hartsfield is as incredible person as he is football player. He played with so much heart but that's what kind of character he has. Kit is, for sure, a difference maker. Last night, however, the difference makers at Oak Ridge were better. Nonetheless, give credit where credit is due. Kit Hartsfield is a true Warrior.

I saw a kid play years ago that played a lot like Kit and it wasn't his dad ( he played bball and is a great golfer) it was his uncle Ronnie who played exactly like Kit Plays and was one of the hardest people to block in practice I ever played with.

Thye should have let Kit return punts and kick offs because his uncle was one of the best and I bet he would be to.

Obviously not much. He has the best winning percentage of any coach to coach at OR.How many years did it take Joe to win one Gold Ball? You don't know squat.

Ole Dad

BY the way "Ole Dad" I assume you were at Jack Armstrong stadium but did you have a radio to listen to "your" Bruce?

As always, "your" Bruce, who by the way has not changed, was on WATOam being interviewed by the much loved VOICE of the WILDCATS Mr. David Clary. Your Bruce sat there and critisized what they were doing on the field "they should have done this", "he should have caught that pass", " I would have done this" just like the old days criticizing the other coaches and players. This is and always will be his biggest downfall.

God Bless David Clary for his patience. He should be sainted for having to do the coach’s show on Wednesday nights when Bruce was in Oak Ridge.

Like I said in the spring Oak Ridge will win state this year and would have had several more had Mr. Stephens showed up at the rodeo sooner!

Oak Ridge will be the only school to have a state championship in every decade since the 50’S!

GO WILDCATS!

First off, Congratulations Oak Ridge.

Secondly if you are going to Oak Ridge do NOT miss the RIBS! They were great! Thanks Bounder. :blink:

Thirdly, I didn't mind the steps down, but could y'all put in an escalator for the trip back up? While that hill is no problem for young strong high schoolers, they are a bear for Old Folks.

Good Luck next week.

Simocleo, wouldn't you rather stay in Florida?

Bruce Lussier is a great Coach and helped many a young person through OR. Your pathetic opinion of him would be the same no matter what he did. You can't say he will never have a State because you are not a prophet.

Obviously he treated you in a manner you deserve.

:blink: