Oak Ridge 17 Riverdale 00000000

simocleo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Congratulations Oak Ridge.

Secondly if you are going to Oak Ridge do NOT miss the RIBS! They were great! Thanks Bounder. B)

Thirdly, I didn't mind the steps down, but could y'all put in an escalator for the trip back up? While that hill is no problem for young strong high schoolers, they are a bear for Old Folks.

Good Luck next week.

Lost Old Dad thanks for the kind words.. Loved meeting your Mom. I told everybody that would listen about those hateful steps. All 72 of them. I hope, execpt the loss, your trip to Oak Ridge and The Ship was pleasant. I met the Miller kid after the ballgame, nice young man., great back,also.

If you are at the games sat. look me up. I'll be at all three of them.

you do not have 9 state championships.....you have 8. Go to http://www.tssaa.org to view them. By the way.....4 of the 8 were not gained in playoff contention, but by mythical voting. B)

you have no idea what you are talking about why dont you come to oak ridge and check out the trophy case it is quite impressive and you can count them yourself B)

I`m kinda glad Riverdale got beat. Not that I have anything against them, but for the fact that just when everyone thinks it`s a sure thing that a team will automatically be in the championship, along comes another team from another part of the state and says.."hey, you got to beat us first" . That`s what makes hs football so wonderful. I mean I`m pretty amazed that Riverdale was shut out. Their recent history says that can`t be done. Yet on this Friday Night Oak Ridge sent those boys packing. Ya just never know.

are far as simecleo or wutever, as well as all the other haters, i dont know why people still have to bash on lussier even after he's gone. get over it. anyone with a brain can see that stanton stevens didnt turn any wildcat program around like he did at austin east. he did a great job, but im sure if u asked him he would acknowledge that not only does it take a lot more than a coach to win a title, but also that bruce lussier was an excellent coach. the wildcats didn't go to the semis in 2003 and 2004 to lose to powerhouse riverdale without a great coach.

for the number of championships question...i count 8 as well: 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1975, 1979, 1980, and 1991. that is what has been on programs for years as well as the home side scoreboard. for some reason TSSAA only lists OR as having 7, as they dont list the 1961. ive never actually known why that is, oh well. here is the link to see it...Get State Records

but i mean, 9 will come soon. there were plentty of titles they should have had...especially 2003!! haha, well, atleast i think so, but oh well.

man that was an amazing game. first time id been able to see the cats at ship since i was freshman, and first time id even been to the field since we lost 17-13 in the snowbowl. wow that was some game..never forget it...what a last play.

welp, dont know much about this ravenwood. kinda wish it was an old name but we will have the motivation. apparently this is their third year?

good luck wildcats!!! hope i get to come to the game

Edited by ORWildcat30