LA @ Clay County?

kaeXo

Once again... The Cats will win by atleast 10. Mark my words. #33 from Celina may have a big game, but in basketball its hard for one man to win the game by his self.

If they don't win by 10+ I will apologize to the whole board...

Well luckily Clay has many more players than Jon. Between Saylor, John, Casey, Tyler, Dustin, and our bench we will score plenty. Your main worry should probably Casey since he wasn't good enough to play for ya'll. He'll be fired up for this game and I see him scoring 17 or so. If we play defense like we did tonight, we'll win this one.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well luckily Clay has many more players than Jon. Between Saylor, John, Casey, Tyler, Dustin, and our bench we will score plenty. Your main worry should probably Casey since he wasn't good enough to play for ya'll. He'll be fired up for this game and I see him scoring 17 or so. If we play defense like we did tonight, we'll win this one.

This game has the makings of being a real barn burner. LA has a real quick team and has more depth than I've seen on a team in a long time. I don't know much about Clay from just what I hear on coachT. Sounds as if they have returned a good portion of last years team and have a good shot at having a dream season.

It should be a real test for both teams. I'm looking forward to seeing the game. I can't figure out what all the fuss is about Cates and Dunn. Cates is a proven player and will be missed. His leadership will make evey player better when and IF he returns. Dunn is just a marvel to watch but he is only a freshmen and he will be a good one before he's done I'm sure. Like someone said why bring all this negative talk about who's better than who. It don't matter play together as a team and become the best we can be. Do you really think Cates is worried or jealous of someone on the team. I don't think so. He will go out and give everything he has to make his team better. I think if the rest of the players will follow his lead it will only benifit their play as well as the teams.

Let's go hogeye. After a tough loss at Cookeville regroup and prepare for the next test that awaits you. Learn from the mistakes you made at Cookeville and turn them into a positive. The main thing is play under control and hustle.

This game has the makings of being a real barn burner. LA has a real quick team and has more depth than I've seen on a team in a long time. I don't know much about Clay from just what I hear on coachT. Sounds as if they have returned a good portion of last years team and have a good shot at having a dream season.

It should be a real test for both teams. I'm looking forward to seeing the game. I can't figure out what all the fuss is about Cates and Dunn. Cates is a proven player and will be missed. His leadership will make evey player better when and IF he returns. Dunn is just a marvel to watch but he is only a freshmen and he will be a good one before he's done I'm sure. Like someone said why bring all this negative talk about who's better than who. It don't matter play together as a team and become the best we can be. Do you really think Cates is worried or jealous of someone on the team. I don't think so. He will go out and give everything he has to make his team better. I think if the rest of the players will follow his lead it will only benifit their play as well as the teams.

Let's go hogeye. After a tough loss at Cookeville regroup and prepare for the next test that awaits you. Learn from the mistakes you made at Cookeville and turn them into a positive. The main thing is play under control and hustle.

Nice Post.

Good post Rocking Chair. Cates is a proven leader and is a great kid, his perfomances on the floor these past 3 years speak for themselves. 1st team all Upper Cumberland 3 years in a row, nuff said! This game should be a good game, regardless of whether Clay Co. wins this one or not they need to play more games like this against teams that are bigger, as fast as they are and that can push them to get better. We don't learn anything against teams like we played last night, winning by 40 points. I wish they played Cookeville and Siegal and all those teams before the tournament starts as thats how you get better, playing better competition. As for scoring on Clay County's team, they have so many that can lead the team in that category. The first six are all capable and usually do score in double digits. I don't see #33 or anyone else scoring 30 a game just because they are all so unselfish and they make that extra pass to get it to the open man and that open man knocks it down more times than not. You cannot concentrate on just one guy on this team. I will say this much, Walden is due for a breakout game and this would be a great one to do it in! :thumb:

Good post Rocking Chair. Cates is a proven leader and is a great kid, his perfomances on the floor these past 3 years speak for themselves. 1st team all Upper Cumberland 3 years in a row, nuff said! This game should be a good game, regardless of whether Clay Co. wins this one or not they need to play more games like this against teams that are bigger, as fast as they are and that can push them to get better. We don't learn anything against teams like we played last night, winning by 40 points. I wish they played Cookeville and Siegal and all those teams before the tournament starts as thats how you get better, playing better competition. As for scoring on Clay County's team, they have so many that can lead the team in that category. The first six are all capable and usually do score in double digits. I don't see #33 or anyone else scoring 30 a game just because they are all so unselfish and they make that extra pass to get it to the open man and that open man knocks it down more times than not. You cannot concentrate on just one guy on this team. I will say this much, Walden is due for a breakout game and this would be a great one to do it in! :ph34r:

Cates is a proven leader and a great kid-agreed-but according to Herald-Citizen he was on third team in 2003 and 2004, Freshman of the year 2003, and first team in 2005. That's OK, everyone's memory slips sometimes.

First thing, I don't ever remember saying that Wilson would be worried about who done what, etc. I simply said that Cates is not as good of a basketball player as everyone (Esp. from Livingston) thinks he is. The kid can play football, and he's an overall good athlete, but he's not all that good at basketball. I also think Chase Dunn brings more to the table then just points, which he has been leader at in every game with the exception of last night @ Cookeville where he was one pt. short with 15. He also has many good attributes that make a leader, and he's only a freshman. Do I think he can be a leader this year?NO, but in the future definitely. I mean he was definitely a leader at Allons leading them to I think it was 4 state titles. Purty sure on that, but not definite. This game would be very surprising to me if either team wins by double digits, unless it's free throws at the end of the game. I think both teams have the capability of winning this one, but I am not sure that Clay will be as good out of the starting gates, considering the teams they are playing as opposed to the teams LA have been playing. I think Coach Melton may be trying to get them ready for tournaments by playing these much tougher teams. Clay should probably try doing that, I mean I think it's funny that in the past few years, Celina has drove so far to play teams like Friendship Christian, among others, but have never played Upperman, Livingston Academy, Cookeville, and up into this year would only play Jackson County once a year. These teams would have been much better competition and much closer to home, but then again, they may have hurt the win/loss records. They would have been very beneficial though, perhaps when you are traveling to play against Temple. I think LA is on the right track, and definitely look forward to seeing the game Thursday night at Celina. Good Luck to both teams, LA pulls out the W by 5.

Good post Rocking Chair. Cates is a proven leader and is a great kid, his perfomances on the floor these past 3 years speak for themselves. 1st team all Upper Cumberland 3 years in a row, nuff said! This game should be a good game, regardless of whether Clay Co. wins this one or not they need to play more games like this against teams that are bigger, as fast as they are and that can push them to get better. We don't learn anything against teams like we played last night, winning by 40 points. I wish they played Cookeville and Siegal and all those teams before the tournament starts as thats how you get better, playing better competition. As for scoring on Clay County's team, they have so many that can lead the team in that category. The first six are all capable and usually do score in double digits. I don't see #33 or anyone else scoring 30 a game just because they are all so unselfish and they make that extra pass to get it to the open man and that open man knocks it down more times than not. You cannot concentrate on just one guy on this team. I will say this much, Walden is due for a breakout game and this would be a great one to do it in! :lol:

Thanks Devil. I agree with you about playing better teams it will make you better. To be the best you have to play the best. I'm not saying that LA is the best but you no what I mean. I think that this will be a good game and will come down to whichever team makes the fewest mistakes.

BTW don't you think it's time to change your name to bulldawgfanatic. LOL

And next time you come to Livingston to play in the 2-man I'm telling Jack to put you and Cassidy in the Championship flight. LOL :D

First thing, I don't ever remember saying that Wilson would be worried about who done what, etc. I simply said that Cates is not as good of a basketball player as everyone (Esp. from Livingston) thinks he is. The kid can play football, and he's an overall good athlete, but he's not all that good at basketball. I also think Chase Dunn brings more to the table then just points, which he has been leader at in every game with the exception of last night @ Cookeville where he was one pt. short with 15. He also has many good attributes that make a leader, and he's only a freshman. Do I think he can be a leader this year?NO, but in the future definitely. I mean he was definitely a leader at Allons leading them to I think it was 4 state titles. Purty sure on that, but not definite. This game would be very surprising to me if either team wins by double digits, unless it's free throws at the end of the game. I think both teams have the capability of winning this one, but I am not sure that Clay will be as good out of the starting gates, considering the teams they are playing as opposed to the teams LA have been playing. I think Coach Melton may be trying to get them ready for tournaments by playing these much tougher teams. Clay should probably try doing that, I mean I think it's funny that in the past few years, Celina has drove so far to play teams like Friendship Christian, among others, but have never played Upperman, Livingston Academy, Cookeville, and up into this year would only play Jackson County once a year. These teams would have been much better competition and much closer to home, but then again, they may have hurt the win/loss records. They would have been very beneficial though, perhaps when you are traveling to play against Temple. I think LA is on the right track, and definitely look forward to seeing the game Thursday night at Celina. Good Luck to both teams, LA pulls out the W by 5.

First of all i'm pretty sure the coaches don't set their schedules. From what i'm told thats done by a previous head coach who is still in the Clay Co. athletic department. However they did play LA last year, which the won by the way, they also played in LA's christmas tournament, playing teams like Station Camp, G.W. Carver from Memphis and one from Birmingham not to mention Clarksville NE. So before you post something like that why don't you check the schedule out so you can post facts not fiction! We were suppose to play in it again but somehow that got cancelled? Oh well all this is really meaningless banter but either way it should be a good game. :lol:

Trust me. I know where Celina played at last year. Yeah Clay played in Livingston tourney. Why not play them during the regular season, why not Upperman, why go to Nashville and Lebanon to play teams that you wil stomp in the ground when there is alot better talent right here on the home front. I mean you said it yourself it makes you better, and this makes it look like the W/L column means more than the quality of opponent. Clay definitely has a ton of talent this year, but they can always be better, amd that would definitely come by playing better teams. Yes, Coach Sims does still make the schedule, and thank God LA is on it this year. He is alot of the reason they don't play a much tougher schedule, because the girls wouldn't have much of a chance (just like tomorrow night). Anyways, Good LUck to both teams, LA by 5.

Trust me. I know where Celina played at last year. Yeah Clay played in Livingston tourney. Why not play them during the regular season, why not Upperman, why go to Nashville and Lebanon to play teams that you wil stomp in the ground when there is alot better talent right here on the home front. I mean you said it yourself it makes you better, and this makes it look like the W/L column means more than the quality of opponent. Clay definitely has a ton of talent this year, but they can always be better, amd that would definitely come by playing better teams. Yes, Coach Sims does still make the schedule, and thank God LA is on it this year. He is alot of the reason they don't play a much tougher schedule, because the girls wouldn't have much of a chance (just like tomorrow night). Anyways, Good LUck to both teams, LA by 5.

We've lost our last 3 regular season meetings to Friendship, and we have never stomped them. I agree, it would be good to play Upperman as well as Livingstona and Jackson Co. twice, but we got a full schedule. The only time to fit them in would be an HOF game.