LA @ Clay County?

kaeXo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay got really lucky tonight, they need to really improve in some areas if they want to compete @ state. What I really didn't like was them lobbing passes all over the place, with a quick team like LA those passes were horriable. Also with all the T.O.'s in the first half they are very lucky to come out with a win tonight. Congrats though because you guys fought hard in the 2nd half and deserved the win.

This game will be close, neither team will win by more than 10 points. I see Clay winning at home for obvious reasons. I watched LA play this summer at camp and i know all about the new kids, however Clay County is much more experienced and through the first 7 players are better than LA. Without Cates there to matchup against #33 it will be hard for LA to control the game. The young kid that is doing all the scoring will be shut down by Mr. Walden who is only rivaled by Cates on defense and can score over anyone. If you don't believe me look at Joseph Baileys stats for the district and region tournament. Didn't have 20 points in two games against Clay County with Walden on him. Thats why my son said in the paper that Walden should have been the MVP not him. It will be a great game and i can't wait, by the way me and my boys will be in Murphreesboro rooting for ya'll this weekend! <_<

I know #33 is your son devil, but he didn't handle the ball well tonight at all. Well Celina lobbed the ball around half court 2 much in general, giving LA wide open layups alot.

I must admit that I was wrong. Poor performance out of Livingston in the second half. The game shouldn't have been close, but Clay Co. did what they had to do to win. Congrats on the win.

General don't you owe an apology...lol...

Yeah if LA was up by 17 and then let them come back it says that Clay faught back hard to win, and LA played a sloppy game to let them come back...

I guess if your LA, you have those kind of nights were you are just not totally in the ballgame. They didn't play too well as a team. I thought Celina had a good ball team. The two teams are evenly closed matched without the football players, but I still think LA is a slight bit better. And Rat, if you are reading this, Celina is not 10 points better! <_<

-Twig

Edited by I Love HS Football

I know #33 is your son devil, but he didn't handle the ball well tonight at all. Well Celina lobbed the ball around half court 2 much in general, giving LA wide open layups alot.

There were alot of bad passes in this game thats for sure. I notice you H.S. guys are real quick to get on here and critque another players game. You are right #33 did not play at the level that he is capable of i agree. Hopefully he'll improve by the time Clay Co. plays Hermitage Springs! <_<

I apologize. LA beat themselves in the second half.

Well if Clay Co. hadn't played one of their worst halves of the year this one wouldn't have been close. The first half was horrible, tons of turnovers, lazy passes, etc... It was like they had never seen a basketball before. LA didn't beat themselves in the second half they were up 17! Clay Co. just finally started playing ball mid way through the third and in the fourth quarter. We can all get on here and say "if this, if that" "we beat ourselves" Clay isn't that good" or 10 points better. Whats the bottom line? Clay County perseveered after one of the worst first halfs in history and won the game. I will say this though, you are a man of your word General, apology accepted. <_<

Clay got really lucky tonight, they need to really improve in some areas if they want to compete @ state. What I really didn't like was them lobbing passes all over the place, with a quick team like LA those passes were horriable. Also with all the T.O.'s in the first half they are very lucky to come out with a win tonight. Congrats though because you guys fought hard in the 2nd half and deserved the win.

LOL William, you're really one to talk. Can't wait til you have to guard Godwin. Should be one heck of a domination.

Lucky has nothing to do with coming back from 17 down to a good team. These boys refuse to lose. 2 years ago in an AAU game against Cookeville we were down 34 @ the half and ended up missing a 3 that would have tied the game at the buzzer. Tonight it sounds like they played 12 good minutes and that was enough to make up for 20 horrible minutes. When a team can do that, they are gonna be really hard to beat.