Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

The only thing I see in this thread are a bunch of Ravenwood fans telling OR how good they are and a couple of OR fans agreeing. ENOUGH! We think you deserve to be there! See you Saturday night.

Ole Dad

id have to agree with you on that.It doesnt matter if you are going to play independence for the state championship this year there is 1 game and 1 opportunity to get that gold ball.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone....remember this.....Oak Ridge is a community of great tradition.......but the last time Oak Ridge played for a state championship was 14 years ago........these players if seniors were for the most part still in diapers or not even born........although the tradition is in the community, none of these kids have probably even made the drive to even see a state championship. They are no different than Ravenwood.........probably more of the Ravenwood kids have attended state championships than Oak Ridge because they had friends at Brentwood High,Franklin, BGA or from BA play in them, and the stadium is within driving distance each year.....whether in Nashville or the Boro. The Oak Ridge players put on their pants just like the Ravenwood players. I have seen Ravenwood play enough to tell you they won't be intimidated or in awe.....

Edited by Brandon100

We agree. We just hope your big mean boys don't hurt our poor little guys. We only run two plays and our coaches are terrible and we don't have very good athletes either. Go easy on us.

If you purchase your ticket in advance from a local School that is participating they will get some of the money from the ticket sale, all money from the gate at MTSU will benefit T$$AA!

Ole Dad

quote name='Brandon100' date='Nov 27 2005 - 06:54 PM' post='825848099']

Everyone....remember this.....Oak Ridge is a community of great tradition.......but the last time Oak Ridge played for a state championship was 14 years ago........these players if seniors were for the most part still in diapers or not even born........although the tradition is in the community, none of these kids have probably even made the drive to even see a state championship. They are no different than Ravenwood.........probably more of the Ravenwood kids have attended state championships than Oak Ridge because they had friends at Brentwood High,Franklin, BGA or from BA play in them, and the stadium is within driving distance each year.....whether in Nashville or the Boro. The Oak Ridge players put on their pants just like the Ravenwood players. I have seen Ravenwood play enough to tell you they won't be intimidated or in awe.....

The only thing I see in this thread are a bunch of Ravenwood fans telling OR how good they are and a couple of OR fans agreeing. ENOUGH! We think you deserve to be there! See you Saturday night.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad....it appears to be keeping your attention since you are posting.....that is what this thread is about in good sport and good humor......no one should ever get ugly acting on the posts, although it can rile us up at times!!!! They are for fun. B) I haven't seen a post on here where OR fans are agreeing with us that we are good, nor have I seen any post where OR fans are not saying they won't take out Ravenwood pretty bad. I believe both teams deserve to be there, and it will be a heck of a game! I am like you! Can't wait til Saturday. It will be a great day in all classifications. Good teams the whole day.

As a parent who has been fortunate enuff to watch my son take home the Gold Ball in 98..........parents from both teams.......enjoy the atmosphere...drink it in esp if your son is a senior. Take tons and tons of pictures of the crowd, of family in the stands, of girlfriends.......you name it. Take them of cheerleaders, of the band , of the scoreboard, and of the field. Take pics of warmups....the coin toss, the runn9ing thru the sign. And then take a zillion during the game, after the game, and esp of your son's teammates and coaches. These are moment s that you can never get back and one that you will look back on for a lifetime. I was lucky.....I had a family friend who did all of the above for our family. They were put ina scrapbook and given to us a gift. Some of the pics of us cheering and celebrating in the stand were priceless.....not to mention my son's reactions at the final horn. Enjoy, enjoy and congrats for getting to the BIG SHOW!

Very true... at the thought of that final horn u are talking about i got chills... i was lucky enough to play against Riverdale last year(well i guess not so lucky) in the state championship and its one of those times ill never forget... when i heard that final horn i realized it was over.. high school football is the time when its fun and pure... nothing like it at all.. good luck to both teams in this game

Very true... at the thought of that final horn u are talking about i got chills... i was lucky enough to play against Riverdale last year(well i guess not so lucky) in the state championship and its one of those times ill never forget... when i heard that final horn i realized it was over.. high school football is the time when its fun and pure... nothing like it at all.. good luck to both teams in this game

Then you were coached by one of the same men that was celebrating with my son in 98.........Donnie Webb....and you are one lucky young man indeed.

Sorry to disagree, but my son is one of those seniors. He was 4 when we last won state, well out of diapers, and by this time running to the steps to pat the Wildcats on the shoulderpads as they made their way down the steps to Blankenship Field.

We know little of Ravenwood as the program is so new. However, one must respect a program that has come so far in so little time. It appears you are writing history and building tradition of your own.