Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the weather report for sat. RAIN... that ought add some stuff to the game. We'll just see a little less passing and a little more running.

Think we ought to meet under the jumbotron before the 5A game. Any thoughts?

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

WE ARE GOING TO THE BORO

Edited by bounder

Bounder,

Bring the Rib Wagon down with you. They were the best I ever tasted! Email me and tell me where you are stayin. See ya Saturday.

Ole Dad

Just saw the weather report for sat. RAIN... that ought add some stuff to the game. We'll just see a little less passing and a little more running.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

WE ARE GOING TO THE BORO

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

WE ARE GOING TO THE BORO

does rwood have a runnin game? all i hear bout is that spread.

does rwood have a runnin game? all i hear bout is that spread.

From what I have been told, both Ravenwood's QB and RB are dangerous runners. They do run the spread, so maybe not a power running team, but they can run.

Also, don't assume that spreading people out is just to throw. By spreading people out, you have less people in the box and more room to run. Sometimes the best way to "block" someone is to spread out and just move them out of the play by formation.

From what I have been told, both Ravenwood's QB and RB are dangerous runners. They do run the spread, so maybe not a power running team, but they can run.

Also, don't assume that spreading people out is just to throw. By spreading people out, you have less people in the box and more room to run. Sometimes the best way to "block" someone is to spread out and just move them out of the play by formation.

yea i know all that. i have played against a spread b-4. i just heard the qb had sum knockout passsin numbers so thought they were predominantly a passin team.

Ravenwood does have a nice running game if they need to use it. Dylan Williams rushed for well over 100 yards against a very tough Ridgeway defense. The game before that TC Jennings rushed for 150 on Brentwood's defense. So dont get to comfortable with the fact that Ravenwood is a "passing team". If Oak Ridge comes in thinking pass pass pass they will kill you with the run. Someone said that Oak Ridge will put up 34 on Ravenwood. NO WAY!!! I dont see either team putting up over 24. Ravenwoods defense is a huge reason they are playing in this game. They cause turnovers that help the offense have short fields. I like the fact that this is David vs Goliath type game at least in some peoples eyes. Ravenwood will definately not come in intimidated, they have too many seniors for that to happen. I cant predict a winner but I am looking forward to a great game.

Just in case anyone is looking for a prediction...

Based on the recent performance of both teams, unapproved website.com predicts that Oak Ridge (TN) will beat Ravenwood (Brentwood, TN) on 12/3/2005 with a final score of 28 - 17.

Their running game is dangerous. Every team hears about how TC can scramble... and every game they get to TC and then boom... he makes them fall off their feet. You shouldve seen the ridgeway players and how frustrated they were getting after TC would make them miss... But that isnt running it is buying time. Dylan Williams is the kinda of player that runs straight at full speed and then hits someone, and makes them fall to the ground and picks up 10 yards before he fully loses his momentum. The backup for RHS (Laidlaw) does the same thing but not as efficiently, but he is a faster back from what ive heard. He will be a great player next year but Ravenwood would more then likely not be in the same position next year. Prolly gonna be a junior team in 06. But this is 05. my predicition which every1 is gonna throw in the garbage. RHS - 21 ORHS - 20

this is it baby this is it.OR was been working to achieve state championship status since the end of last season...now they,along with fellow east tennessean high schools Alcoa and Maryvillle, are at the superbowl of tennessee high school football.im pretty sure that Ravenwood will put up a good fight but this Wildcat is just too talented, i mean they mentally took the 2nd half off against Ooltewah and that cost them a 14-0 record but other then that the wildcats have been a roll this year. And that roll stops when OR gets its 9th,and first since 1991, state title.

prediction of final score:

OR-35

Ravenwood-21

P.S. i recently watched highlites of both the 1991 OR-Central games. probably the two best high school games ever played in TN. Ron Black intercepting that option pitch for a touchdown was an awesome play

Don't think that Oak Ridge has not faced any talent this year and you talk of Offensive weapons Ooltewah had a lot and the Offensive line was Big and if we had a physical back not to say ours was bad but SP and Caldwell are two different types of backs and I believe this is the reason we could not get past Farraguts Defense. Oak Ridge has played passing, speed and power football programs thus far and I am sure they can adjust to whatever is thrown at them. Region 2 5A has 50 wins and 40 lost YTD no other Region has a tougher road than the Beast from the East Region 2 5A. Roll Wildcats Roll!