Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

Proud of the Ravenwood Raptors. Every game this season has been totally great to watch. Just being apart of the crowd is one thing but being a student at that school is incredible. I'm looking forward to next year's football season. I'd like to see Paul Cleckner take over Daniel's spot and see Michael Becker play both sides of the ball (QB) I expect to see him as a mr football finalist as well in his senoir year. But now that football is over it is on to basketball and after that it is lacrosse at RHS because we won state in lacrosse last year as well. Ill be leaving this post till next year to see if the Raptors fly high in the 2006 season. Congrats to Oak Ridge for finally beating Riverdale.. That had to be truly special thing to do but now you have another hump to go through.. And that is getting that gold ball which i'm going to state my final pick this year... Oak Ridge will be the 2006 5A State Champions. Best of Luck to everyone.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brandon100 do have something against OR all of your posts have been nothing but complete disrespect toward our program. u say that we aint a dynasty. dynasty is defined by winning titles over the years. OR has won titles in every decade from 1940's onward. what other schools do u know have done that.congradulations to ravenwood. OR seniors keep your heads up u came lot farther then all the other OR teams since 1991.

Congratulations to both teams from Gallatin. It's not easy to make it to the championship game, even though Riverdale makes it look that way!

Hats off to Coach Stevens in his first year at the helm! I had been waiting for a chance to see S. Gulmire play & was not dissapointed. Over 2000 yds. rushing for the season...man, that's impressive!

And to Ravenwood. What can you say? Three years & a state championship! I knew what T.C. Jennings was capable of...he picked us apart at home last year! I was impressed with the Williams kid too, but, I must say that the defense was incredible. Becker & crew really got it done!

Congratulations to the Raptors & I hope to see you next year!!

It's obvious you can't even count. 75, 79, 80, 91 is not 3. Name another school who has won state championships in 3 decades not 5 like the Cats and soon to be six. You have no clue. A football newbie! Is Alabama, Penn Sate, Notre Dame Dynasties? Learn some football and then post.

Ole Dad

Actually....1975 would be 30 years ago......just to clarify..how's the weather in Fla.

You guys know where I stand on both schools......wasn't Dynasty a TV show?

Congratulations Raptors on bringing the Gold Ball Back to Brentwood again!

I know your fans and supporters took a lot of guff from OR on this site; with predictions of doom and gloom, and a general "who are they?"

Couldn't stop the run, they said - and you did.

Didn't have the years of championships - didn't matter

Don't have the toughness - tough enough

Don't have a line or a defense like OR - you controlled it

You were the superior football team Saturday night - when it counted

Let it also be stamped that Region 6-5A football IS the force in the top classification in the state. Three different teams in four years in the finals, two gold balls. Jack Daniels with his stamp on two championships.

No more to be said-again, Congratulations from Murray Lane.

Daniels had squat to do with this team.....give credit where credit is due....the coach is Rector.....for the past two years....Daniels is at BHS.....

Time to make prediction before leaving to MTSU.

The Wildcats will push hard the first few series with every trick play in the book. It will be tough going on the ground and the Wildcats will try the air game. They may score once in the first half. By the end of the first half, the score will be in favor of Ravenwood, 14-7. Ravenwood takes control in the second half and scores another two more touchdowns with the last one coming late in the third period. The fourth quarter will stay scoreless until the last two minutes of the game. With Rector playing the subs, Oak Ridge will score one more time before the clock runs out. Final – 28-14 – Ravenwood Raptors takes the Golden Football.

Sorry Oak Ridgers, that is just the way I see it. Better luck in 2006!

Go Birds GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And than you woke up... You are about to see how football is played... Pray for a field goal... It's over by half time, OR 31-3... :thumb:

Roll Wildcats Roll!!!!

What I didn’t predict happen during the second quarter and throughout the rest of the game. The storm front came in during the half time, as a heavy thunderstorm settles in on top of the stadium, giving everyone the soaking of their lives. The winds were gusting so hard, the referee had to hold onto the ball until ready to snap. With the air game gone except for the short dump passes, it became almost a pure ground game for both sides. This changes the scope of the game. Ravenwood likes to put the ball up in the air at times but the swirling wind and ran in the stadium put that to an end.

Edited by rapbwood

Daniels had squat to do with this team.....give credit where credit is due....the coach is Rector.....for the past two years....Daniels is at BHS.....

Is it bitterness towards Jack Daniels leaving RHS coaching or is it just not knowing the facts? Tell me you don't notice that Rwood and Bwood run the same spread offense. We like to call it "Jack Ball". As I remember it Jack was 1st head coach and athletic director at Rwood before turning over the football coaching to Rector and staying on one more year as AD. He's at BHS at 3:30 for football practice but still draws his paycheck teaching at Ravenwood. Saying Daniels had no influence on the Rwood program is like saying you'll be the same team next year without Jennings, Williams, Marshall, Becker and the rest of the seniors. Enjoy your gold football and understand that there's plenty of credit to go around.

brandon100 do have something against OR all of your posts have been nothing but complete disrespect toward our program. u say that we aint a dynasty. dynasty is defined by winning titles over the years. OR has won titles in every decade from 1940's onward. what other schools do u know have done that.congradulations to ravenwood. OR seniors keep your heads up u came lot farther then all the other OR teams since 1991.

First of all.......I took lots of crud from OR folks for weeks......tons of abuse.....I have nothing against your team.......I do against your fans and supporters that attacked me starting with oledad then to Bounder, Sargeowl and others that constantly told me I was stupid and "plane" dumb.....insulting me left and right......all I did was defend my viewpoint......I knew what I was talking about.........ganging up on me......I stuck around to take the crap because I knew what Ravenwood was about.........I knew in the long run, my predictions would show right..........as I said earlier.........you are a dynasty in east TN.......and a TN powerhouse.......look at my posts under the "football dynasties" forum.........hard for OR to get past other schools for the last 14 years to get to the big game.........graduating 28 seniors this years means a rebuilding time for OR.....ie...this was your year to win......it may be a while before OR is back......if you guys want to call yourself a dynasty, that is your perogative.......I'm not keeping you from doing this.........

Won't be back much here until next football season......I'll stay in the Public-Private Debate forum.....

I want to say to the OR team that you had a great year, and should be proud to get to the big dance......

Thanks to Ravenwood for bringing another Gold Ball to Williamson County.......we play great football here!

Edited by Brandon100

I know Brandon, that picture on his webb site is from 8 years ago. He really looks more like the icon above his user name. :D:lol::D

HA HA! Great picture!!!!! How did you get this photo out of my photo album????? So.....you know me! e-mail me and let me know who you are, as it would only be fair.........no hard feelings

Edited by Brandon100