Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

Remember folks whom to buy your next home from, BA grad Brandon100 Brandon's Webpage

And why would we delete the information which you have offered publicly Brandon? I mean you are at the very least a 38 year old Williamson County businessman who likes to cut down many on CoachT, teams, or kids under 18. I strongly suggest the mods keep all post to expose what a classy guy you are Brandon.

You are great......time for bed..........way to bring it home Raptors!!!!!!!!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question, as I am married to a BA grad that is strongly opposed to your classless representation of BA; does Carlton know how you act on these boards? I bet WesVols does not like it!

I thought you were going to bed. Can you not go to bed until the last shot has been fired or what?

Another question, as I am married to a BA grad that is strongly opposed to your classless representation of BA; does Carlton know how you act on these boards? I bet WesVols does not like it!

I thought you were going to bed. Can you not go to bed until the last shot has been fired or what?

Actually.....he knows me well.....by first name since 1979 til this day......talk with him every year...........stay on the topic........

Edited by Brandon100

Alright, it is time for bed. Brandon, it has been fun. I had to pick on you for a bit because what else can I do at this time of night?

Actually.....he knows me well.....by first name......stay on the topic........

The topic is: Carlton would whip your butt all over if he knew how you talk on here.

Alright, it is time for bed. Brandon, it has been fun. I had to pick on you for a bit because what else can I do at this time of night?

The topic is: Carlton would whip your butt all over if he knew how you talk on here.

Definitely time for bed.......... :ph34r:

would have DEFINITELY scared me when I was in high school........ :P

Edited by Brandon100

I’m a senior at Oak Ridge High School, and you guys can talk all you want about game stats and errors and penalties and who’s classy or not. You can call Oak Ridge classless, Riverdale classless, BA classless, whatever. But what it boils down to right now is that my seniors and their seniors have worked so hard to get to where they are now: countless practices and hours spent on this. Literally: tears, sweat, blood, all of it. And same for the band and the cheerleaders and the trainers. They’ve all worked hard.

I have been to 54 games over my whole high school career. 54! I stopped to think about it today, and it’s mindboggling. I remember getting ready for all the home games. How many of those did we have? 30? Goodness. Blankenship’s an awesome place to play. I wouldn’t trade it for anything, not even Neyland Stadium. There’s the woods in the background, and the kudzu up by the practice field, and the hills, and that annoying dog you can sometimes hear barking, and the train call, and the wildcat call. I loved how closed in it felt. I loved the stairs and the big, long line at Big Ed’s. I loved watching the football players bounce before they tore through the signs. And I loved watching them sing the fite song and pretend-direct to the band after they were victorious.

And then the away games: countless hours of fun on the bus. I loved seeing different places in Tennessee. Tennessee’s a gorgeous state; it was great having the opportunity to traverse it. I think my favorite ride was to Soddy Daisy. We had to take a lot of backroads, and the scenery was so beautiful. I loved experiencing how different schools experience football. It’s amazing how different it is from stadium to stadium, but yet the excitement’s always there. I liked the atmosphere at Dobyns-Bennett especially-- great place to watch some football! I also loved Heritage football games because you can always see some cows in the distance. That was always pretty amusing, watching guys pummeling each other in the foreground and then seeing cows complacently chewing in the background.

Through it all there’s been heat, cold, sadness, happiness, anxiety, laughter, rivalry, fun, joy, love, companionship. That’s what life’s about right there, all those emotions. Being with your friends and experiencing it all. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I used to not care at all about football. I thought it was a pretty stupid game. But after immersing myself so fully in it, and seeing all that can come from “just a sport”, how can I not love it??

It’s really hard knowing that this is my last season. And Spencer’s and Revel’s and Tyler’s and Jake’s and Ben’s and Josh’s and... oh, all of them. It’s their last season. Last game ever.

Maybe some will call us classless and losers and whatever, but I know those seniors out there. And they are definitely not classless. And they definitely deserved every win they got this season. I hate that they lost this game.

But... one of my friends gave me some very wise words today that are so true:

“What always redeems the loss for me is the knowledge that the other team’s band, the other team’s parents, and the opposing football players are all incredibly proud of themselves -- our passion is not gone because of a loss, it has simply been transferred. Perhaps they feel doubly proud because they beat such an incredible team. Tonight, it is their turn to rejoice, and they get to experience what we have felt all year.”

I really wish my senior class could’ve brought home a gold ball to Oak Ridge. I really, really, really do. They deserved it. But my friend is so right. And now Ravenwood has their first championship ever. And they deserve it so much as well.

So here’s to all the seniors, from Oak Ridge, Ravenwood, Riverdale, Farragut, Clinton, wherever: I am so proud of all of you! What you have accomplished is amazing. Keep your heads up.

Congratulations Ravenwood, you guys proved you know how to play football. And I’m glad for you; I really am.

Congratulations Raptors on bringing the Gold Ball Back to Brentwood again!

I know your fans and supporters took a lot of guff from OR on this site; with predictions of doom and gloom, and a general "who are they?"

Couldn't stop the run, they said - and you did.

Didn't have the years of championships - didn't matter

Don't have the toughness - tough enough

Don't have a line or a defense like OR - you controlled it

You were the superior football team Saturday night - when it counted

Let it also be stamped that Region 6-5A football IS the force in the top classification in the state. Three different teams in four years in the finals, two gold balls. Jack Daniels with his stamp on two championships.

No more to be said-again, Congratulations from Murray Lane.

Congratulations Raptors on bringing the Gold Ball Back to Brentwood again!

I know your fans and supporters took a lot of guff from OR on this site; with predictions of doom and gloom, and a general "who are they?"

Couldn't stop the run, they said - and you did.

Didn't have the years of championships - didn't matter

Don't have the toughness - tough enough

Don't have a line or a defense like OR - you controlled it

You were the superior football team Saturday night - when it counted

Let it also be stamped that Region 6-5A football IS the force in the top classification in the state. Three different teams in four years in the finals, two gold balls. Jack Daniels with his stamp on two championships.

No more to be said-again, Congratulations from Murray Lane.

Well said. Now if only Gregory could get my Cougars somewhere....anywhere....

I’m a senior at Oak Ridge High School, and you guys can talk all you want about game stats and errors and penalties and who’s classy or not. You can call Oak Ridge classless, Riverdale classless, BA classless, whatever. But what it boils down to right now is that my seniors and their seniors have worked so hard to get to where they are now: countless practices and hours spent on this. Literally: tears, sweat, blood, all of it. And same for the band and the cheerleaders and the trainers. They’ve all worked hard.

I have been to 54 games over my whole high school career. 54! I stopped to think about it today, and it’s mindboggling. I remember getting ready for all the home games. How many of those did we have? 30? Goodness. Blankenship’s an awesome place to play. I wouldn’t trade it for anything, not even Neyland Stadium. There’s the woods in the background, and the kudzu up by the practice field, and the hills, and that annoying dog you can sometimes hear barking, and the train call, and the wildcat call. I loved how closed in it felt. I loved the stairs and the big, long line at Big Ed’s. I loved watching the football players bounce before they tore through the signs. And I loved watching them sing the fite song and pretend-direct to the band after they were victorious.

And then the away games: countless hours of fun on the bus. I loved seeing different places in Tennessee. Tennessee’s a gorgeous state; it was great having the opportunity to traverse it. I think my favorite ride was to Soddy Daisy. We had to take a lot of backroads, and the scenery was so beautiful. I loved experiencing how different schools experience football. It’s amazing how different it is from stadium to stadium, but yet the excitement’s always there. I liked the atmosphere at Dobyns-Bennett especially-- great place to watch some football! I also loved Heritage football games because you can always see some cows in the distance. That was always pretty amusing, watching guys pummeling each other in the foreground and then seeing cows complacently chewing in the background.

Through it all there’s been heat, cold, sadness, happiness, anxiety, laughter, rivalry, fun, joy, love, companionship. That’s what life’s about right there, all those emotions. Being with your friends and experiencing it all. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I used to not care at all about football. I thought it was a pretty stupid game. But after immersing myself so fully in it, and seeing all that can come from “just a sport”, how can I not love it??

It’s really hard knowing that this is my last season. And Spencer’s and Revel’s and Tyler’s and Jake’s and Ben’s and Josh’s and... oh, all of them. It’s their last season. Last game ever.

Maybe some will call us classless and losers and whatever, but I know those seniors out there. And they are definitely not classless. And they definitely deserved every win they got this season. I hate that they lost this game.

But... one of my friends gave me some very wise words today that are so true:

“What always redeems the loss for me is the knowledge that the other team’s band, the other team’s parents, and the opposing football players are all incredibly proud of themselves -- our passion is not gone because of a loss, it has simply been transferred. Perhaps they feel doubly proud because they beat such an incredible team. Tonight, it is their turn to rejoice, and they get to experience what we have felt all year.”

I really wish my senior class could’ve brought home a gold ball to Oak Ridge. I really, really, really do. They deserved it. But my friend is so right. And now Ravenwood has their first championship ever. And they deserve it so much as well.

So here’s to all the seniors, from Oak Ridge, Ravenwood, Riverdale, Farragut, Clinton, wherever: I am so proud of all of you! What you have accomplished is amazing. Keep your heads up.

Congratulations Ravenwood, you guys proved you know how to play football. And I’m glad for you; I really am.

Yamba..........I can tell you are a fine young man.......congratulations on a fine year, and I do wish you the best in wherever you go with your life from here.

Edited by Brandon100