Riverdale shut out by Oak Ridge

Bill#49

Wrong......he has been at Oakland for four yrs.......coached the Dline. Coach Burke was previously the DC until he recently resigned after Marty left.

And 802.......that is quite an accomplishment as those were the days of Fernando Bryant, Alvin Duke.......the BIG DOGS....and last Warriors to actually PLAY in D-1 or for that matter in college! And obviously the Tennessean thought it was a great accomplishment as well.

Ok, so he went from being the DC at Lebanon to being the DL coach at Oakland and has now moved back up to the DC job. He has been the DC at Oakland for two years now?

How many shutouts has he coached as the DC at Oakland?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i could ave seen the look on all the players and coaches from riverdale...im glad you lost maybe youll be better sports next time..but i hope there isnt a next time..i hope all the players quit and start playing womens sports and the coachesget fired.....wooohooo riverdale lost...nanny nanny boo boo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ever seen someones tail get stomped into a mud hole and then walked dry? :(

Say that to the 'Clone' and you will get a first hand sample of it. The tough thing will be the restraint I will have to show in not stopping him from taking advantage of someone who is obviously 'simple minded'. What was the siegel vs R'dale score again? Great to break in your home field wasn't it? :lol:

R'dale may have lost to a great Oak Ridge team this time, but siegel WILL have to face R'dale again next year! Just for you I will be glad to remind the returners of it right before game time next year! I'm sure the young men who actually play ball for siegel will Thank You for it. :(

Nothing like getting locker room material EARLY! :thumb:

i wish i could ave seen the look on all the players and coaches from riverdale...im glad you lost maybe youll be better sports next time..but i hope there isnt a next time..i hope all the players quit and start playing womens sports and the coachesget fired.....wooohooo riverdale lost...nanny nanny boo boo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ever seen someones tail get stomped into a mud hole and then walked dry? :(

Say that to the 'Clone' and you will get a first hand sample of it. The tough thing will be the restraint I will have to show in not stopping him from taking advantage of someone who is obviously 'simple minded'. What was the siegel vs R'dale score again? Great to break in your home field wasn't it? :lol:

R'dale may have lost to a great Oak Ridge team this time, but siegel WILL have to face R'dale again next year! Just for you I will be glad to remind the returners of it right before game time next year! I'm sure the young men who actually play ball for siegel will Thank You for it. :(

Nothing like getting locker room material EARLY! :thumb:

Anybody want to read some funny stuff? Go back on Oct. 29 and check out the WaCoJaCo 5A Top 10 Poll. (thread). Check out some of the remarks made after I ranked Oak Ridge ahead of Riverdale in the final poll. The only poll that was correct I might add.

YEEEEAAAAAHH BOOOOOOYYY :thumb:

You didnt predict they would win though, you predicted they were #1 in the state. Riverdale is still the best team in the state and would still beat Oak Ridge better than 60% of the time (with the same teams that played the other night), but it was Oak Ridge's night to shine. It also doesnt help you that the whole state of Tennessee has scouted against you to help Oak Ridge find a way to pull a win. Not taking anything away from Oak Ridge very talented team and like I said it was just their night, but I KNOW there were teams here in Riverdale's OWN BACKYARD that were helping Oak Ridge scout against them all year. Oak Ridge knew that Riverdale stood in their way of the championship and if they wanted to get there they would have to go through Riverdale first.

You didnt predict they would win though, you predicted they were #1 in the state. Riverdale is still the best team in the state and would still beat Oak Ridge better than 60% of the time (with the same teams that played the other night), but it was Oak Ridge's night to shine. It also doesnt help you that the whole state of Tennessee has scouted against you to help Oak Ridge find a way to pull a win. Not taking anything away from Oak Ridge very talented team and like I said it was just their night, but I KNOW there were teams here in Riverdale's OWN BACKYARD that were helping Oak Ridge scout against them all year. Oak Ridge knew that Riverdale stood in their way of the championship and if they wanted to get there they would have to go through Riverdale first.

sounds like a pity cry from someone who is sittin their fifth thumb at home this saturday. i highly doubt that OR had many people scounting for us, but im sure if we did, then these teams in your own backyard are tired of hearing riverdale run their mouth year after year. but this year their cocky classless attitude caught up with them...so i hope you all can donate those "1 for the thumb" shirts that ya'll were selling to goodwill or salvation army, or maybe the local car washes need some tire towels. so this saturday when your at home not used to the feeling you all have put so many others through just remember your 28-1 and you got you butts handed to you by a BETTER OAK RIDGE team.

Edited by Oakridge

sounds like a pity cry from someone who is sittin their fifth thumb at home this saturday. i highly doubt that OR had many people scounting for us, but im sure if we did, then these teams in your own backyard are tired of hearing riverdale run their mouth year after year. but this year their cocky classless attitude caught up with them...so i hope you all can donate those "1 for the thumb" shirts that ya'll were selling to goodwill or salvation army, or maybe the local car washes need some tire towels. so this saturday when your at home not used to the feeling you all have put so many others through just remember your 28-1 and you got you butts handed to you by a BETTER OAK RIDGE team.

Well Mr. Oakridge, how did it feel to sit your butt at home 2 years straight sad because Riverdale tapped that tail of those Wildcats a little bit? Shoot I'll sit my butt at home, basically, because if Riverdale had won I would still sit at home, basically, due to the fact I live less than 5 minutes from MTSU compared to your 3+ hours. I'll keep my one for the thumb shirt, I'll keep my one for the thumb signature too because one day probably sooner than later Riverdale WILL get their one for the thumb. Yea and you can keep saying "BETTER OAK RIDGE team" until they get better than Riverdale too, I know that the W is what matters most but like I said ya'll had the whole state scoutin for ya. Its sad because I was gonna root for Oak Ridge this weekend too, but one ignorant person running off at the mouth who is not even part of their team can help change you opinion. Cause them good ole Oak Ridge boys never did anything to me personally, its just the foul person behind the username who claims to represent them.

802, give me a break. Now your saying we had the whole state scouting for us, puhlease. We WENT THROUGH Riverdale. You can make all your shoulda, woulda, coulda excuses (...would still beat Oak Ridge 60% of the time..) but the game is played once on a Friday night. Oak Ridge learned that the past couple of years and no one from Oak Ridge came on here and whined like you.

You berate one OR fan for taking you on and chaning who your gonna root for and the reason you give them are your own reflection. You even get so far down as to talk about driving times, puhlease. Not only did Oak Ridge beat Riverdale, but they held them scoreless. The Riverdale players were respected by Oak Ridge before the game, during the game, and after. Fans like you who go on and on need to move on.

Oak Ridge is playing Ravenwood Saturday, and it should be a great game. Time to move on to the present and not the past. It is over.

802, give me a break. Now your saying we had the whole state scouting for us, puhlease. We WENT THROUGH Riverdale. You can make all your shoulda, woulda, coulda excuses (...would still beat Oak Ridge 60% of the time..) but the game is played once on a Friday night. Oak Ridge learned that the past couple of years and no one from Oak Ridge came on here and whined like you.

You berate one OR fan for taking you on and chaning who your gonna root for and the reason you give them are your own reflection. You even get so far down as to talk about driving times, puhlease. Not only did Oak Ridge beat Riverdale, but they held them scoreless. The Riverdale players were respected by Oak Ridge before the game, during the game, and after. Fans like you who go on and on need to move on.

Oak Ridge is playing Ravenwood Saturday, and it should be a great game. Time to move on to the present and not the past. It is over.

Your right, your right. I did say during the post that the W was all that mattered, I do realize that, except whether you win or loose there is always the 'what-ifs,' and I was just leaving you guys something to think about. And excuse my mistake I never really was rooting for Oak Ridge in the game this Saturday, never rooting for Ravenwood either, I had just thought earlier that if Oak Ridge could beat Riverdale they deserved to win state.

I still support my theory that other teams (I was exaggerating when I said the whole TN) or their coaches and/or supporters helped scout out Riverdale for the benefit of Oak Ridge, believe me there were people who wanted Riverdale to loose that bad, being a supporter of them I hear about it all the time from people around town. For example, 82Cat (Smyrna supporter) gave a excellent scouting report on Riverdale. Riverdale should have been able to overcome it in the game, but Oak Ridge I believe had seen everything Riverdale has done thousands of times before they had ever played this year. Thats why I think they lost to Ootewah, they got caught looking ahead (because I do believe they are a better team then Ootewah). Like I said they knew all year who would stand in their way of getting to the championship. But your right I guess I am making excuses, I am sad because Riverdale lost, it is still hard to swallow, but I'm just throwing things out here for you guys to think about.