District 8-AAA

Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

She is an okay post. Somewhat of an attitude problem. Had trouble behaving in Marshall Co. Didn't do a whole lot there so maybe needed a change of scenery (?spelling). I wish this thing had spell check. Oh well. They (Coffee Co ) had too many holes to fill to challenge for the top 3 spots in the district may hang on and grab that 4th and final spot for the tournament run then even the playing field and who knows.

According to the paper, they just reloaded, coach has them rolling. Haven't missed a beat. :thumb:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is an okay post. Somewhat of an attitude problem. Had trouble behaving in Marshall Co. Didn't do a whole lot there so maybe needed a change of scenery (?spelling). I wish this thing had spell check. Oh well. They (Coffee Co ) had too many holes to fill to challenge for the top 3 spots in the district may hang on and grab that 4th and final spot for the tournament run then even the playing field and who knows.

According to the paper, they just reloaded, coach has them rolling. Haven't missed a beat. :thumb:

Thanks for the poll.

As I say every year, " Opinions are like skunks, the woods are full of them and most all of them stink" But, with that having been said, here goes my shot at stinking up the joint.

(1) Columbia ( I have seen them a couple of times and I like how this team moves. I like how this coach coaches (Agressive but Smart) Assuming "The Lamp" comes back strong, they should make it to "The Boro")

(2) Shelbyville ( Injuries are playing a role now and may for most of the season but I think the other players on this team are learning quick. I like this coach. He ain't the "Lil General", but he can coach.)

(3) Franklin County (Bet that got your attention! Hey folks, I know first hand that John Wild can coach and I also know first hand that these girls are no stranger to work (AAU teams). That makes for a winning combo and I expect to be able to pick them higher next year.)

(4) Lincoln County ( I know most people see them as a two or three, but what I have seen so far does not make me think they are good enough early enough to finish higher than four. Can't beat their coach, but coach can't play. Now if that ain't locker room wall material I don't know what is. Yep, it's a challenge, but so is this district. Prove me wrong and have a good time doing it)

(5/6) Toss up between Coffee County and my team LAWRENCE COUNTY. I have not seen Coffee county this season but based on what I see on the scoreboard, I think they are undefeated as I write this.

Lawrence County is so thin you can see through them but you can't beat this group when it comes to heart. They have beat some good teams like Jackson County and B.A. If we have no injuries and everyone stays on the same page I think we could finish higher but I am writing using my pea brain of a head and not my heart. I will say this, any team that overlooks us will have only themselves to blame for the big (L) on their schedule. A thin hungry cat is a dangerous animal.

(7) Tullahoma (This is a mystery to me and I ain't Sherlock, enough said)

I am a Lawrence County fan first but I want to wish the best of luck to all the 8AAA teams. Hold our banner high both on and off the court!!!

HOOPS TO YA!!!

kw

Great post and knowledge of the district. Only place where I disagree with you is Coffee Co and Lincoln Co. Just switch those two spots and that is probably the way the district will finish.

Shelbyville girls are real glad to have their new coach. It is also good to see Coach Harlow back in District 8.

Two biggest surprises are Coffee Co and Franklin Co.

Coffee Co girls are playing well and got a great win last night.

Coach Wild is one of the best coaches in Middle Tenn and is doing a great job. Just hopes he stays around for awhile. The way the Franklin Co boys are playing, severall people wants Coach Wild to coach both the boys and the girls.

Tullahoma's problem is that most of the talent plays other sports- and does not play basketball.

Early on... the Lincoln Co team has to be the biggest surprise with Coffe and Franklin Cos. running close second. The LC is to me the biggest mystery and for now they have to be disappointed. CC is riding high and them sustaining that wave til Feb is the question. FC is on a steady climb and wouldn't want to play them tournament time.

Columbia got another with in a big way last night at Giles Co by 25-30 or so.. not sure if final but what I note here is that Rachael Peery was game high 15. That is a different game high scorer each game for Columbia. That's what is going to make it difficult to defend when you play them.... they can come at you with so many looks. Same thing on defense

The Shelbyville game went as expected. Bennet got in foul trouble early and that killed Lawrence Co's chances.

Columbia has Coffee Co. on Tues in Manchester and Shelbyville in the Lions Den on Friday next week without Carol Lampley... Things should start to settle out then

This week will be fun. Lots of District games to be played. It is real early, but we could see this week which team will step out from the pack if any will??

Standings as of Monday Dec. 5:

Coffee Co. 7-0(1-0)

Frankiln Co. 6-0(1-0)

Shelbyville 4-2(1-0)

Columbia 5-0(0-0)

Lincoln Co. 5-3(0-1)

Lawrence Co. 4-3(0-1)

Tullahoma 0-?(0-1)

Here's the schedule:

Coffee Co. Tues. vs. COlumbia

Fri. vs. Tullahoma

Shelbyville Mon. vs. Wilson Central( non district game, should be good one)

Fri. @ Columbia( do we need to say anything more??)

Franklin Co. Tues. vs. Lawrence Co(Coach Wild vs his old team!!, should be fun)

Columbia Tues. @ Coffee Co.

Fri. vs. Shelbyville( do we need to say anything more??)

Lawrence Co. Tues. @ Franklin Co.

Friday vs. Lincoln Co.

Lincoln Co. Tues. vs. Tullahoma

Fri. @ Lawrence Co.

Tullahoma Tues. @ Lincoln Co

Fri. @ Coffee Co.

Edited by Shootmore

Coffee County vs. Columbia tomorrow in Manchester has to be an early breakout game for CC if they can win. Columbia could be overlooking the Redladies because of the big homecomming game on Friday night with the ladies from Bedford Co. If Columbia wins tues and Friday they might gain enough confidence to stay on top. I haven't seen them play yet (Columbia) but will definately be there Friday. I don't know if they have enough horses to overcome transfer and graduation to win 2 big games in 1 week. I know it's getting fun!

This week will be fun. Lots of District games to be played. It is real early, but we could see this week which team will step out from the pack if any will??

Coffee Co. 7-0(1-0)

Frankiln Co. 6-0(1-0)

Shelbyville 4-2(1-0)

Columbia 5-0(0-0)

Lincoln Co. 5-3(0-1)

Lawrence Co. 4-3(0-1)

Tullahoma 0-?(0-1)

Here's the schedule:

Fri. vs. Tullahoma

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a> Tues. vs. Lawrence Co(Coach Wild vs his old team!!, should be fun)

Lawrence Co. Tues. @ <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a>

Friday vs. Lincoln Co.

Fri. @ Lawrence Co.

Fri. @ Coffee Co.

Coffee wins this contest. Its all in the coaching.

Coffee Co. 7-0(1-0)

Frankiln Co. 6-0(1-0)

Shelbyville 4-2(1-0)

Columbia 5-0(0-0)

Lincoln Co. 5-3(0-1)

Lawrence Co. 4-3(0-1)

Tullahoma 0-?(0-1)

Here's the schedule:

Fri. vs. Tullahoma

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a> Tues. vs. Lawrence Co(Coach Wild vs his old team!!, should be fun)

Lawrence Co. Tues. @ <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a>

Friday vs. Lincoln Co.

Fri. @ Lawrence Co.

Fri. @ Coffee Co.

Coffee Co. 7-0(1-0)

Frankiln Co. 6-0(1-0)

Shelbyville 4-2(1-0)

Columbia 5-0(0-0)

Lincoln Co. 5-3(0-1)

Lawrence Co. 4-3(0-1)

Tullahoma 0-?(0-1)

Here's the schedule:

Fri. vs. Tullahoma

Friday vs. Lincoln Co.

Fri. @ Lawrence Co.

Fri. @ Coffee Co.

Coffee Co. 7-0(1-0)

Frankiln Co. 6-0(1-0)

Shelbyville 4-2(1-0)

Columbia 5-0(0-0)

Lincoln Co. 5-3(0-1)

Lawrence Co. 4-3(0-1)

Tullahoma 0-?(0-1)

Here's the schedule:

Fri. vs. Tullahoma

Friday vs. Lincoln Co.

Fri. @ Lawrence Co.

Fri. @ Coffee Co.