Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only hope was a off night for 8AAA. If this is the way we are gonna play it will be a short post season. Taking nothing away from the opposition, but based on the scores I am seeing several of our teams did not play AAA caliber ball tonight. Wake up now for judgement is at hand.

GO 8AAA!!!

kw

I wasn't an off night for all of 8-AAA. Columbia went to Harpeth (#2 inAA ap poll) and got a huge win!!! 42-40 final

Well the little poll voter thingy at the first of this thread is becoming insignificant really quick. Looks like Columbia and Shelbyville will wind up tied and it will boil down to a coin flip. 2nd place as a result of a coin flip won't be all that bad any way and will help insure neither team will face each other in a do or die situation unless they both go to the Boro. Don't know if that could happen or not but hey stranger things have happened.

Before the Harpeth game, their folks were talking about how big the game was and all that, assuming they won, they were thinking that there was some validation to their lofty ranking for beating a AAA team. That didn't happen so what siginificance is it that Columbia went into their place and won a big one. Harpeth is very talented and could hold their own against any AAA team I've seen this year. Does this bring Columbia some attention they obviously don't have (not ranked AP not that they want to be) or is it just a great tune up for the tourney?

The real stinker is the other possible ties that exist and really can't be discussed until the last district games of the season as far as matchups. Parody....it's what's for supper

Well the little poll voter thingy at the first of this thread is becoming insignificant really quick. Looks like Columbia and Shelbyville will wind up tied and it will boil down to a coin flip. 2nd place as a result of a coin flip won't be all that bad any way and will help insure neither team will face each other in a do or die situation unless they both go to the Boro. Don't know if that could happen or not but hey stranger things have happened.

Before the Harpeth game, their folks were talking about how big the game was and all that, assuming they won, they were thinking that there was some validation to their lofty ranking for beating a AAA team. That didn't happen so what siginificance is it that Columbia went into their place and won a big one. Harpeth is very talented and could hold their own against any AAA team I've seen this year. Does this bring Columbia some attention they obviously don't have (not ranked AP not that they want to be) or is it just a great tune up for the tourney?

The real stinker is the other possible ties that exist and really can't be discussed until the last district games of the season as far as matchups. Parody....it's what's for supper

As far as being ranked, I don't think anyone cares unless they have started handing out rings based on rank :lol:

This is the kind of none district games you want this time of year. It ain't gonna be easy in the post season so you don't need to get accustomed to playing lesser talented teams at this point. Can't get tourney tuff playing a patsy. Everyone knew this would be a tough game for ya and winning in a hostile house against a good team in a very close contest ..... that's just what you want. What better learning experience could you ask for.

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!

kw

Edited by kwright

Yeah It's easy to overlook that win as they are "AA" so we don't get no love. :blink: We'll take care of business and business is at hand! It was a great win but like KW said 8AAA needs to take care of it also

harpeth may be AA but don't let that fool you. they are quick and tenacious. it was a good game and a good win on the road for columbia. as for rankings, that's all good for parents and fans but the girls know what matters and when it counts. i hope our 4 teams from 8-AAA are ready to play come regions. i think we could have 3 of the 4 in the semi-finals but district 7 has several playing well of late.

Does anybody else think there is a chance for an upset at the grill tomorrow night? What does Lawrence Co. do to win this one.

Also if Coffee Co defeats Lincoln Co. now does that seam less of an upset than it would if it were earlier in the year?

Lawrence Co vs. Shelbyville Eaglettes by 12

Coffee vs. Lincoln Red Ladies by 2

Tyllahoma vs. Franklin Co. F.C. by 20

Giles vs. Columbia Columbia by 15

Home Vittles(cooking)???

As the regular season starts to near it's end, and with the very good possibility of a several way tie for third or fourth, thought it may be fun to look at how the 8AAA teams have done at home this season. I did count tourney games on a teams home floor as home games and I left Tullahoma out of the mix since they have only won two games this year (both at home). See if any of this surprises you. I got to thinking about this after we (Lawrence County) played pretty much all of the first half of the season at home and are on the road(not easy) for the last half. Anyways, here goes:

Total Home games played: 60

Total Home Games Won: 44

Total Home Games Lost: 16

Winning Percentage: 73%

Team with best home record: Columbia at 9-1

Team with worst home record: Shelbyville at 8-5 (Played strong competition)

Team with fewest home games: Lincoln Co. with 6 and 17 on the road!!! Ouch!!!

Team with most home games: Shelbyville with 13

Of teams that could possibly end in a tie with coin flip to decide where they are going, the home W/L record is 27-10 for a winning percentage of (you guessed it) 73%.

Of these teams, Franklin and Lawrence Co.'s have the best home records at 8-2 and Coffee Co. the worst at 7-4.

Just food for thought, because there are still district games left, but we are gonna end up with someone in a tie and I'm not talking about for first place :thumb:

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!

kw

Does anybody else think there is a chance for an upset at the grill tomorrow night? What does Lawrence Co. do to win this one.

Also if Coffee Co defeats Lincoln Co. now does that seam less of an upset than it would if it were earlier in the year?

Lawrence Co vs. Shelbyville Eaglettes by 12

Coffee vs. Lincoln Red Ladies by 2

Tyllahoma vs. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a> F.C. by 20

Giles vs. Columbia Columbia by 15

Coffee Co is playing a little better (must be the system, lol) and Franklin Co is playing their worse ball of the yr. Turmoil brewing over in Winchester. To me, the surprise has been Lawrence Co. With all of their deflections and turmoil, they keep hanging in there. They are a tough group. I still think Shelbyville and Columbia can still make it to the state.

An upset at the grill is unlikely. Unless of course forces outside of the players themselves take over. ;) It just means too much this late in the season. The inside game of Shelbyville really worked well at Lawrence County. Unless that can be stopped it could be a long night for the Lawrence County ladies. I see the District ending like this:

Columbia & Shelbyville 10-2

Lawrence Co & Lincoln Co 6-6

Coffee Co & Franklin Co 5-7

Tullahoma ` 0-12

If that happens District brackets would look like this:

Columbia/Shelbyville (Coin Flip Winner) gets the #1 spot & the 1st round bye,

Columbia/Shelbyville (Coin Flip Loser) gets #2 & hosts #7 Tullahoma,

Lawrence Co/Lincoln Co will host Coffee Co/Franklin Co (depending on toss?)

Can anyone tell me if district teams split during the year and end up with the same district record, Lawrence Co/Lincoln Co for instance if it ends like I think it will, is the result always resolved with a coin toss? I understand that this is for the tourney placement only; the tournament itself decides who places were in the district.

The District 8AAA Tourney semi-finals and finals are in Lawrence Co this year.

Make no mistake about it, this gives FC an advantage. It would not be my choice to catch Lawrence Co in the District semi’s at home. Either way I see the top four above advancing to the Region.

So the Region 4AAA Tournament could look like this…………………

:D

We’ll wait a bit before we do that! Good Luck Coach Burkey & the Eaglettes! <_<