Oneida vs. Wartburg

youdontknowme

Oneida is a little down this year and Wartburg is a tough tough team. Wartburg should win this pretty big with shannon out. I dont think Oneida can handle Melton down low and i think thats the reason they will lose this game. Wartburg has a few senior leaders and a few good juniors and a good freshman class in there. Oneida has the juniors and the decent freshman class but they just aint got any senior leadership besides daniel smith. So i think that will win Wartburg this game.

Wartburg - 64

Oneida - 42

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading the posts I can see the Dawgs took home another win tonight. What was the score?? Unfortunately I couldn't make it to this one. The Dawgs have a lot of great talent ranging from Seniors to some incredible freshmen. The bench runs deep and Coach Layne is doing an awesome job. Keeping DJ in our prayers for a speedy and full recovery. The Dawgs will be fine without him but it'll be nice to get him back in there. He's full of talent as many of the Dawgs are.

Ladydogs....Hang in there!!! A lot of young blood on the team. Someone is going to have to step up and fill some big shoes in the leadership department or it's going to be a long season. Dallas and Betty do a great job coaching and I know there is still plenty of time for a great season. GOOD LUCK!!!

The Wartburg JV boys won this one by 10 I think. As for the varsity game, after the first quarter it was 22-6 Wartburg.

After the first half it was 34-15 Wartburg.

After the third quarter it was 51-29 Wartburg.

The final score was 67-46.

So Oneida really didn't stay in this one.

Also include the facts that Jason Melton sat out the whole second half and DJ Shannon didn't get to play.

Wow, I really don't have a very high IQ to be two points off of a game that I didn't even watch. You of course have a very high IQ. You must have since you were the one that asked if Wartburg was going to win at state. Oh, and the way you said that we would run plum over Vespie when the chances of us even playing Temple before our season is over is like 20 to 1. I'm sorry for being the numb skull that I am and being off by two points.

P.S. Nice Punctuation with that run on sentence, loser.

Edited by harvo20

Are Wartburg sports good?? I was reading these postings and you would think that the discussion was about a State powerhouse. Have they been to any State tourneys? Have they been to any substates?? Boys and Girls?? I dont recall reading in the papers about them. Last year they didnt go anywhere either did they?

I realize past is the past but most schools that develop a reputation for having good programs continue on in subsequent years. In essence, the bar is raised and is set by the precessors and the level of expectations for each school are raised with successes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when was the bar ever raised for Wartburg??

How about football???

Wartburg football is BAD, but they are in the region with Alcoa so.. As for basketball Wartburg is always good in the boys just never can make the big show. The girls usually make a run but i dont recall them makeing the show either. BUT Wartburgs girls was in the same district as 2 state teams last year. Coalfield and Oneida. Im sure Warburg will make the dance this year if DJ stays healthy.