warren co girls

ladynred

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no sweep...riverdale will survive regionals... siegal i think however will be upset, if you can call it an upset...

hoop20 and pioneerdad know an awful lot about the program, or lack of it... very impressed with your insights... i too would love to know how good these girls could be with a different coach and the players who have chosen not to remain because of her and the players she chose not to keep... my daughter plays jaycees (jr pro for those of you in other communities)... in some instances there are more talented players playing jaycees than for the high school... don't get me wrong, locke is talented, as is rhea and the fraziers... but they would be even better with some of the names mentioned earlier in this thread... had they stayed with it... but why should we expect her to keep players when she can't even keep coaches... how many assistants has she had? we keep getting rid of them, but they're not at fault for the shape of the program...

and come on, tullahoma? granted they're seeing some good changes there, but tullahoma? that's a oughta win game there... but i guess it was upset saturday after all... i mean duke, pitt and the gators all lost too right?

someone brought up the interim coach question... yep, that's the way i remember it... policy under review or something like that... guess the legal department is still trying to figure that one out...

locke, you're awesome... proof positive to all the girls that you can overcome anything with hard work and determination... the seniors in general deserve praise for their endurance... underclassladies, take note, you can do it...

no sweep...riverdale will survive regionals... siegal i think however will be upset, if you can call it an upset...

hoop20 and pioneerdad know an awful lot about the program, or lack of it... very impressed with your insights... i too would love to know how good these girls could be with a different coach and the players who have chosen not to remain because of her and the players she chose not to keep... my daughter plays jaycees (jr pro for those of you in other communities)... in some instances there are more talented players playing jaycees than for the high school... don't get me wrong, locke is talented, as is rhea and the fraziers... but they would be even better with some of the names mentioned earlier in this thread... had they stayed with it... but why should we expect her to keep players when she can't even keep coaches... how many assistants has she had? we keep getting rid of them, but they're not at fault for the shape of the program...

and come on, tullahoma? granted they're seeing some good changes there, but tullahoma? that's a oughta win game there... but i guess it was upset saturday after all... i mean duke, pitt and the gators all lost too right?

someone brought up the interim coach question... yep, that's the way i remember it... policy under review or something like that... guess the legal department is still trying to figure that one out...

locke, you're awesome... proof positive to all the girls that you can overcome anything with hard work and determination... the seniors in general deserve praise for their endurance... underclassladies, take note, you can do it...

Nice Post motownmom, I think that this reiterates what we all are trying to say we are proud of our girls and we do want them to do well I just wish that we could see them get better as their time progresses through their high school career.

I just want to say look at the talent that has came through this program who hasn't gotten better until they go to the next level and on there own.

I am not trying to stir more things up but did she help her with a scholarship to Cumberland? If she did why hasn't she with others.

Your perception of upset with Siegel is well founded, if they play like they did against Warren. Warren did defense Siegel very good but Siegel played their worst game of the season for whatever the reason. Excessive turnovers and not playing together very well made the game closer. The reason Siegel has had any success at all this year has been the Coaching Staff to sell cohesiveness. If they do not play with focus and cohesiveness, you are right, they will go out fast. For that matter, that applies to any team in contention in 7AAA.

41 POINTS!!! 73-32 at Cookeville. You cannot add anymore to that, and PLEASE don't hand me the excuse about "the height advantage", I 've seen other teams that were smaller than the other team and won because they were "prepared" (coached). Kayla Bond either hurt her knee or ankle, not sure what right now. All those plays that won those County Championships at Morrison do not seem to be working now. Every coach that has been coaching in this district know whats coming and they do not even have to prepare for WC at all. Some of the big-wigs need to see how the public truly sees their County sports programs and do something about it and not turn the other cheek just because of who she is or her last name. In any other sports (football, baseball, boys basketball, soccer, etc) those coaches would be gone, too bad none of them had a twin brother AD. I feel so bad for those girls, especially the seniors. They deserve better.

41 POINTS!!! 73-32 at Cookeville. You cannot add anymore to that, and PLEASE don't hand me the excuse about "the height advantage", I 've seen other teams that were smaller than the other team and won because they were "prepared" (coached). Kayla Bond either hurt her knee or ankle, not sure what right now. All those plays that won those County Championships at Morrison do not seem to be working now. Every coach that has been coaching in this district know whats coming and they do not even have to prepare for WC at all. Some of the big-wigs need to see how the public truly sees their County sports programs and do something about it and not turn the other cheek just because of who she is or her last name. In any other sports (football, baseball, boys basketball, soccer, etc) those coaches would be gone, too bad none of them had a twin brother AD. I feel so bad for those girls, especially the seniors. They deserve better.

Here we go with the blame game again. If your team got beat by 41, I don't think coaching made the difference. Bruce Pearl couldn't be worth 41 points and he has a magic wand right now.

First of all, fanchs, stay on the threads concerning your school. Secondly, no a coach won't make up 41 points, but a coach should have their team prepared. This obviously is not the situation in WC, either program. 41 points!!! It's okay, the AD won't make a change. The only chance these girls have is if the coach has a conscience.

Here we go with the blame game again. If your team got beat by 41, I don't think coaching made the difference. Bruce Pearl couldn't be worth 41 points and he has a magic wand right now.

Not completely, but it is a big part of it when the coach does not put the players in a position to compete. Pearl has taken the players he has and put in a system that is suited to their abilities. At Warren County, we have a system and make our limited number of players with talent try to fit into it even though it is not suited to their abilities.Warren County is easy to prepare for because we always run the same offense and defense. The Cookeville game was a perfect example. they knew what we were going to do before we did it. We need to adapt our game plan around what these girls can do, not what they cant. Dont give up girls. Keep trying. We are behind you.

Not completely, but it is a big part of it when the coach does not put the players in a position to compete. Pearl has taken the players he has and put in a system that is suited to their abilities. At Warren County, we have a system and make our limited number of players with talent try to fit into it even though it is not suited to their abilities.Warren County is easy to prepare for because we always run the same offense and defense. The Cookeville game was a perfect example. they knew what we were going to do before we did it. We need to adapt our game plan around what these girls can do, not what they cant. Dont give up girls. Keep trying. We are behind you.

Thank goodness someone else sees it too. The comparison with Pearl and his system with the same players Buzz did terrible with last year was great. One thing chs, I have always given Odom her props because she is a good coach, Cookeville is lucky to have and keep her, she is a winner just like Burt at Riverdale, Grandstaff at Oakland and others. The worst part is "IF" she ever left would they try to hire the best person for the job because that would make her really look bad if the new coach came in and did a better job? We play a team on a roll Friday with Riverdale coming into Warren Co. They are sizzling without Ann Marie Lanning and Brittany Steen. Look out!!!! Hit the boards hard and defense wins ladies!