DL vs LA

DLHSFAN1

The key for DL will be slowing Cates down and stopping the trap. DL runs the trap with their FBs as well as anyone and should know how to handle that. LA will have to be opportunistic and patient. Neither team team can allow the big play, whether by air or land. Haven't seen DL in a couple of years but I'm sure they still do much the same as tears past. Why should they change? #22 for LA is a fine footballplayer as well. Runs well to the ball on defense and is a hard nosed TB. :rolleyes:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you sayin that locking on putting your hands on the front numbers is holding???? no LA dont hold thewy have played 14 games this year and not once have i seen or herd of them havein over 1 or 2 holding calls a game so obviously they dont hold all i see is them dominating every defence they have played they do it old school lock on and drive hard

To DLHSFAN1, I apologize for getting him started. I knew from experience the last two weeks that you can't say anything at all that even sounds negative toward this bunch without them jumping up and down like this.

Yes, they were holding the corners on several plays. Why do you think the entire ND cheering section was chanting en masse "holding, holding, holding?" It wasn't because they are poor sports or whiners. It was holding. It also wasn't called. Pure and simple. It's not a complaint or indictment against your fine team. It's not holding if it's not called, and it became clear it was not going to be called. We've watched enough football to know when refs are going to let teams play, and when they are going to be part of the show. Friday was the former. My point was if DL knows it going in, a coach can sometimes put that bug in a crew's ear and get that call early. Also part of the game.

LA has a good line that opens holes for the backs. There. Are you happy?

Please don't take this thread down that ugly rabbit hole where the other has gone. I'm looking forward to a good game and would love to discuss it rationally and logically...if possible.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

No, I am not a coach. I figure they have already seen all the tapes and know what to expect. I like football and wanted to know something about some of the other players as I placed in my earlier post.

Please do not turn the thread into the other. I know I'll see Saturday. I think this game will be the best of the weekend.

I'm not trying to turn this thread into anything. It just hit me wrong that you need to know so much about LA.

If you need to know. LA has several players besides Cates. #9 Jones-Larue Sr. RB was 1st team all state his FR. year totaling over 1500 yds. Big and strong runner that will flat run over defenders. Also plays LB and DE. #22 Vaughn SR plays RB and LB has scored around 40 td's in the last 2 years..On def. he is probably our leading tackler not sure on that. A hard nosed player that will light you up with his speed and toughness. #29 Reeder JR. plays FB and LB... has made great strides the past 2 years and has made some of the biggest plays when we needed them. I expect for him to continue his level of play saturday. #1 Peterman SR. WR and Safety.. Is a good defender and is very capable rec. his int. against Austin East all but sealed that game for LA.

Our line is anchored by #58 Ford very quick for a lineman also very mean. His play will be vital early to set the tone the rest of the game. Overall our line is very quick and very strong. Theyare without a doubt the most physical line to play at LA. I know there are others but this is most of the SR. Our center will look like a monster. He's about 6-5 and around 270 and explodes off the ball.

This is arguably the best team to play at LA. I know this they have played with more heart than any team we have had. And won't quit. They will probably come out a little slow just like every game they have played this year. I just hope that they continue to play with the attitude that has got them this far.

Bring home the Gold LA

Thanks Rocking Chair. One thing about HS football is that we do not have the video and replays of College or NFL, so we have to ask. If you read the paper and most of the posts, you shut down Cates and you be LA. However I know as well as most football fans, if this was the case, you would not be in the championship. There are several others players that a defense has to respect to make Cates so dangerous and I was just wondering who are your unsung players. I will watch #8, but will be interested to see other battles within the game.

As I stated in previous posts, when I was younger (several years ago) I grew up in small Kentucky town (Livingston is a Metropolis to us) and we played LA Middle on several occasions. The one thing I remember is that it was always our toughest and most physical game. So, I know your players will lay it on the line as well as DL players.

I understand your fans community pride and school spirit, however we also have pride for our Mustangs. The negative aspect is that the only way some people show their pride is by disrespect for the other team.

So from this Mustang fan, I respect your team, your fans and your community. Whoever wins this game, will know that they beat the best. Go Mustangs. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Edited by DLHSFAN1

Great post and I'm sorry if I offended you. Hopefully this will be a good game. I know our players have a lot of respect for DL and know that it will take all we can muster just to have a chance. We know we're not supposed to be here but you couldn't prove it by me. Our kids have given everything that our coaches have ask of them and then some. Win or lose I am so proud of how they have scratched and clawed all year. They simply refuse to quit. There are not to many teams that could have overcome the adversity that this team has faced. Just for that fact I am very proud to be associated with such brave young men. I know that they will all be successful in whatever they do in life. Take that final step Wildcats and whichever way the ball bounces you gave your all.

Yes, they were holding the corners on several plays. Why do you think the entire ND cheering section was chanting en masse "holding, holding, holding?" It wasn't because they are poor sports or whiners. It was holding. It also wasn't called. Pure and simple. It's not a complaint or indictment against your fine team. It's not holding if it's not called, and it became clear it was not going to be called. We've watched enough football to know when refs are going to let teams play, and when they are going to be part of the show. Friday was the former. My point was if DL knows it going in, a coach can sometimes put that bug in a crew's ear and get that call early. Also part of the game.

Once private always private. Does it bother you so bad that you would pull for a private school than the one that beat you ? Seems to me that you would want LA to win so you could say ND was beaten by the state champs. But what do I know !!

I know most people associated with ND football will be pulling for LA. And why not !!! it's just one of the best football stories in a long time.

Big Blue Train is on a roll.

That would be Gordon, would it not? Any smaller blue trains would fall into the categories of Edward or Thomas. Does it puzzle anyone else that the main charcter in Thomas The Tank Engine was just a normal train, and a small one at that? I mean either make him the biggest train or let the show be called Harold the Helicopter or Bertie the Bus. Thomas isn't even the only blue train. Green trains have dominance, seeing as how their squad is filled out with the likes of Henry and Duck, but they also have to put up with little Percy, the only engine who's smaller than Thomas. The only plus side I see to Thomas is he's basically a ladies' train with Annie and Clarabel. James is basically running the show, seeing as how he's the only red one. Diesel is a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps he should have been the focus of your metaphor. Seeing as how this is the end of this post, this is the part devoted to Toby. From Sodor, this is Ringo Starr signing off.

Just want to tell all u boys from LA to go get that GOLD BALL, Tomorrow at the BORO! Your dream has almost been fulfilled and only you guys can do it, so PRAY UP, PRACTICE UP, and PLAY UP and leave it all on the field come saturday....Win or loose u guys have accomplished alot this year and rain, snow or sleat wouldnt keep me from this game i've not missed one all year home or away, and i will be cheering for you, so LA fans come ready to make some noise for these guys saturday and dont just sit there! GO CATS!!!! YOU CAN DO IT! :D

Edited by momwildcat

To DLHSFAN1, I apologize for getting him started. I knew from experience the last two weeks that you can't say anything at all that even sounds negative toward this bunch without them jumping up and down like this.

LA has a good line that opens holes for the backs. There. Are you happy?

Please don't take this thread down that ugly rabbit hole where the other has gone. I'm looking forward to a good game and would love to discuss it rationally and logically...if possible.

You say "To DLHSFAN1, I apologize for getting him started. I knew from experience the last two weeks that you can't say anything at all that even sounds negative towardthis bunch without them jumping up and down like this."

You talk about holding & what ever you want to but "this bunch" shouldn't say a word? What do you expect?? You try to make it look like willie beaman is out of line by saying that LA wasn't holding....are you out of line by saying they were? Get off of it.....I have never seen a game where both teams didn't get away with holding! If that is all you have to talk about ..you need to take your own advise"Read more ,Post less". I have heard enough sh** talk about the fans....do you not get it...It'S NOT ABOUT US!!! This is about the boys! I wish both teams Luck.

GO HOGEYE

Edited by HOGEYE21