running up the score?

cofo

Am i missing something here? Didn't Trousdale beat the 3A STATE CHAMPS??? If that isn't a tough game then i would like to see one! I will agree that a Riverdale or somebody like that would have probably waxed Trousdale this year, but they have tried to schedule tough teams in the past and they run and hide! That is when they had to go out of state and schedule Mayfields and the team from Alabama! I will say that this year's team would have probably lost to most of the 5A schools, but where were those 5A schools in the mid 90's when Trousdale would have kicked their toe

Edited by wtaylor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break. This is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME it is suppose to be the biggest game of the year not a game where one team can just run over the other team. If Union City can't stop Trousedale then thats their own fought, get off the coach and his sense of class. And again i'll state the same thing i said on the Red Bowling Springs game and the Alcoa and Gatt-Pitt game its more of a insult to just fall down than it is to run up the score so quit whining. Me personally I would rather lose by 100 than lose by 10 and know that the other team was not giving me their best.

Give me a break. This is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME it is suppose to be the biggest game of the year not a game where one team can just run over the other team. If Union City can't stop Trousedale then thats their own fought, get off the coach and his sense of class. And again i'll state the same thing i said on the Red Bowling Springs game and the Alcoa and Gatt-Pitt game its more of a insult to just fall down than it is to run up the score so quit whining. Me personally I would rather lose by 100 than lose by 10 and know that the other team was not giving me their best.

I realize that it looks bad on Trousdale Co. to win by such a score as 91 to 0. But nobody can tell me that coach Satterfield or his players deliberately tried to demoralize a bunch of kids. I don't even know the man but anybody with common sense knows better than that. As for the state final game. All I heard all year was how UC was going to kick TC's tail. I don't feel a bit sorry for them b/c they had TC out manned 2 to 1 and their athlete's looked so much bigger. But they were out played and out coached ...and that's the bare facts.

I don't have the answer but if I had a say so in RBS athletics I would either put out the money to get some good coaches in there to make the team more competitive or just drop football altogether. And I am in no means bashing RBS coaching staff. I realize they don't have the numbers as a lot of other teams but Trousdale Co. don't either and look what they have done.!!!

Congrats to the Yellow Jackets 2005 Class A State Champs

Edited by Rocking Chair

Question: If you are a lot better than someone else, shouldn't you win by more than if the teams are evenly matched? At what point should you stop playing your best? What is an acceptable margin of victory?

If your point held any validity, then the rules would stipulate that the ref's stop the game - like in boxing.

Get over it. It's a game.

Play to win.

If you have class there is a point! Our coach always called off the first string when we were 3 to 4 TD's ahead. As kids we always wanted to go over 50 pts but or Coach was an adult not acting like a child. He was wise and I feel tha all the teams we played respected that. If you put in the second string and keep it on the ground and keep on scoring than thats leting those kids plasy their best.

It does seam like the TC coach runs it up.

Alcoa scored those points with their second string and defense. The world of football remembers things like this some day maybe one of those kids you showed no respect will be a coach who was in one of those games TC showed no class in and will be glad to pay back the points you out on their team.

I was oulling for TC because I'm a Middle TN guy but expecting the other team to pull out their first string four TDs down, with the rep of TC. Pleeessseeeee!

We had a rule if the other team got back in the game and was within 2 TDs than we put our first string back in.

I will be following this in the future waiting for the day someone gives TC payback. It might not be during the current coaches time but it will happen some time down the road.

TC show some class in the future!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

We need a playoff system, or at least a plus one game after the Blue Cross bowl, to determine the true champion of Tennessee. I know that everyone assumes were the best, but heck i'd like to prove it once and for all.TSSAA [aka NCAA ]needs to realize the hypocracy of a 1a champion, like Auburn playing Va tech in 04',we too, need a shot at big dogs. You wouldn't put a bull mastive in the toy dog group at a dog show, so why send us Union City. It's not fair to them just like it's not fair to Red Boiling Stinks. I am calling you out ,TSSAA, put us in a classification by ourselves and we'll play anybody man enough to stand up to us(this includes all the privates to), and we'll knock em down! give us Alcoa or Ravenwood in a plus one game. and we'll beat which ever you pick then, the next week, we'll beat the other one. we can't be stopped...

After aked about his recent Pro Bowl snub Harrison replied,

"I get my respect when I hit you in the face"

-Rodney Harrison-safety, New England Patriots

If you have class there is a point! Our coach always called off the first string when we were 3 to 4 TD's ahead. As kids we always wanted to go over 50 pts but or Coach was an adult not acting like a child. He was wise and I feel tha all the teams we played respected that. If you put in the second string and keep it on the ground and keep on scoring than thats leting those kids plasy their best.

It does seam like the TC coach runs it up.

What's your opinion on Texas and USC this weekend?

Polls and strength ratings value the spread. The game has changed.

Clint has had a long history of lopsided scores. In a ball game when do you have enough points. Since all of the private schools that clint did not want to play got moved upped in classification he did not waste any time in getting back to the class A ranks. I wish he could be on the end of one of his scores, Iam sure getting beat 91-0 might change his perspective. On the other hand I do not think it is likely that any class A team in Tennesse will be able to do that. You have to say one thing for Clint and staff, they do a great job with their program, they always turn out a great team. I hope there is truth to the old saying,"What goes around comes around"

TC emptied their very small bench - it took UC about 60 seconds to drive 80 yds and score on them. they obviously could care less about the margin of their victory.

as far as competition they played three playoff teams in higher classifications for their nonregion schedule - 1 of which won the AAA state championship.

TC emptied their very small bench - it took UC about 60 seconds to drive 80 yds and score on them. they obviously could care less about the margin of their victory.

as far as competition they played three playoff teams in higher classifications for their nonregion schedule - 1 of which won the AAA state championship.

There are 5 other teams who beat the same state AAA Champs. I'm sure that Alcoa or Maryville would like a good game! :thumb:

There are 5 other teams who beat the same state AAA Champs. I'm sure that Alcoa or Maryville would like a good game! :thumb: