running up the score?

cofo

This is a good post! Sure TC beat LA, but if TC and LA were to play right now, LA wouldnt beat TC to death! Yet TC brags about playing carthage and Lafayette, if they want to prove themselves, why not play Maryville, Alcoa, or even a team like Riverdale or Oak Ridge? I know they say well, Riverdale is 5a, but so what only 11 players can play at one time anyway! Dont get me wrong I was pulling for TC to win state but as many people are I am still upset over the 91-0 score!!!!

Yeah... OK, bring TC on up. I'd LOVE to see my Cookeville CAVS play TC! :ph34r: Here's an example:

I remember back in the day when Spring Hill was single A & they had a stud tailback named Orlando "Papa" Wade(Mr. Football winner). They went 9-1 in the regular season,& blew everyone out...except 1.Cookeville beat them by 3 touchdowns at TTU.

Spring Hill then went on to dominate the 1A playoffs & win the state championship.

We (Cookeville) were mediocre then & didn't even make the playoffs.(Bowl Game)Didn't compare to the 5A playoff team we are now.

Point being,as good as TC is,they're not STATE dominate,just 1A dominate.

gotmilk,don't wish for something TC can't finish!

THE SQUAD :P

Edited by THE SQUAD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r:

I agree with the earlier post....I lost all respect the head coach at TC. Until TC steps up and plays the big boys (even medium boys) then he won't get any respect. Don't use classification as an excuse. Alcoa stepped up and played Maryville and McCallie. TC has jumped around classifications like Brentwood Academy did the in the 90's. Where ever Lipscomb is....TC ain't. Coach S can keep patting himself on the back for beating RBS by 91, but until you step up you get no respect.

Beating RBS 91-0....you da man :P

Check the records mr.silver marbles TC beat LA earlier in the season whom if I remember just freshly busted Lipscombs #%& at the boro yesterday we aren't shooting for the respect of whiners we play to win why don"t you and all the other whiners and TC bashers start a campaign with the t$$aa and try to get a pansy league started. That way you and all the other girls can put down everyone that plays your team on the side lines when things get too rough for your "wittle boys".

First of all the comment about spring hill and cookeville should stay out of this if you want to bring those memories up remember Marion County coming there and destroying you guys so don't get to high. As far as the blowout I for one do not like to see coaches run the score up but, you are in the state championship and many of your seniors will never play another football game, why not let them enjoy it til the end not pull them out. Also lets don't get on Coach Satterfield for what he does. He is a proven winner and if you know him you also know him as a class guy

First of all the comment about spring hill and cookeville should stay out of this if you want to bring those memories up remember Marion County coming there and destroying you guys so don't get to high. As far as the blowout I for one do not like to see coaches run the score up but, you are in the state championship and many of your seniors will never play another football game, why not let them enjoy it til the end not pull them out. Also lets don't get on Coach Satterfield for what he does. He is a proven winner and if you know him you also know him as a class guy

I agree let the seniors enjoy it. But i noticed Alcoa seniors enjoying it plenty from the sideline firing up the crowd. Also I know the chances are slim but it would stink for 1 of those seniors to blow out a knee in the last 2 minutes of a 4 TD blowout. This would be especially bad for those seniors that are being recruited by colleges.

I watched the A Championship game as an objective observer...

In my opinion...it WASN'T the fact that Trousdale scored another touchdown...but throwing fairly deep over the middle with 3 minutes to play when you're already 4-5 touchdowns ahead is something "you just don't do."

Hand the ball off between the tackles and play as hard as you can...but don't throw over the top...that was tacky in my opinion...

Satterfield obviously is a good coach with a proven record of success...but he should know better.

However, congrats to the TC players...you guys are clearly the Champs of Class A.

EXACTLY AND THANK YOU. This isn't new folks. There are accepted rules of decorum and sportsmanship honed over more than 120 years of playing football. You don't throw deep with a big lead whether it is your starters or not. If your fifth string scores while running the ball, every coach in America understands that. Throwing late with a big lead is the same as kicking sand in someone face when he's down. Everybody knows that, including Satterfield.

As this thread proves by its existance, the state is now talking about TC's lack of class rather than a dominating win yesterday.

EXACTLY AND THANK YOU. This isn't new folks. There are accepted rules of decorum and sportsmanship honed over more than 120 years of playing football. You don't throw deep with a big lead whether it is your starters or not. If your fifth string scores while running the ball, every coach in America understands that. Throwing late with a big lead is the same as kicking sand in someone face when he's down. Everybody knows that, including Satterfield.

As this thread proves by its existance, the state is now talking about TC's lack of class rather than a dominating win yesterday.

Stop whining.

Boo hoo!! It isn't running up the score...it's playing football. And the pass that was completed with less than 3 minutes left was on 4th down. Some of you are the whiniest bunch of people I have ever heard. It isn't TCs job to stop TC. TC plays the game for 48 minutes...not 45. Maybe that is why they are so successful. I am through making comments about TC running up the score.

Yeah... OK, bring TC on up. I'd LOVE to see my Cookeville CAVS play TC! :thumb: Here's an example:

I remember back in the day when Spring Hill was single A & they had a stud tailback named Orlando "Papa" Wade(Mr. Football winner). They went 9-1 in the regular season,& blew everyone out...except 1.Cookeville beat them by 3 touchdowns at TTU.

Spring Hill then went on to dominate the 1A playoffs & win the state championship.

We (Cookeville) were mediocre then & didn't even make the playoffs.(Bowl Game)Didn't compare to the 5A playoff team we are now.

Point being,as good as TC is,they're not STATE dominate,just 1A dominate.

gotmilk,don't wish for something TC can't finish!

THE SQUAD :)

How in the world you get that I am a TC fan, I have no idea? You need to read my post again, thats exactly what I am saying, TC needs to play some of the higher level teams if they really want to prove themselves instead of beating up on RBS, MJCA, etc! I would like to see them step up and play Cookeville, Alcoa, Maryville, Riverdale, etc! Instead of beating up on theses team that have never been any good, then bragging about it! Like I said before I was for TC to win the State because they are local! I am just saying, there is no pride in beating a team 91-0!

Boo hoo!! It isn't running up the score...it's playing football. And the pass that was completed with less than 3 minutes left was on 4th down. Some of you are the whiniest bunch of people I have ever heard. It isn't TCs job to stop TC. TC plays the game for 48 minutes...not 45. Maybe that is why they are so successful. I am through making comments about TC running up the score.

I totally agree, there is no such thing as running up the score!! But there is a thing called respect, and it has nothing to with playing 45 minutes or 48! :thumb: