Alcoa is the Most Talented Team in the State

WarriorFan

I saw Alcoa play tonight in the state championship, and could not believe the talent spread all over the field on offense, defense, special teams, etc.............skill positions are totally unbelievable!!!!!!! I have been around plenty of big time programs, and watched many big time programs play, but can tell you this group of players could play with anyone. DI players all over the field. High possibility they are the best team in the state in ANY classification or division........two of their division I athletes didn't even play.........if Maryville beat them by 20, I give my props to Maryville.....that is scary.............. :lol:

Edited by Brandon100

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Alcoa play tonight in the state championship, and could not believe the talent spread all over the field on offense, defense, special teams, etc.............skill positions are totally unbelievable!!!!!!! I have been around plenty of big time programs, and watched many big time programs play, but can tell you this group of players could play with anyone. DI players all over the field. High possibility they are the best team in the state in ANY classification or division........two of their division I athletes didn't even play.........if Maryville beat them by 20, I give my props to Maryville.....that is scary.............. :lol:

Sir you just set yourself up to be all of the rabid Maryville fans who, for some reason beyond me, will not allow anything positive to be said about Alcoa and anybody's personal opinion about them...believe me they are lurking just ready to pounce on a post like this.

Sir you just set yourself up to be all of the rabid Maryville fans who, for some reason beyond me, will not allow anything positive to be said about Alcoa and anybody's personal opinion about them...believe me they are lurking just ready to pounce on a post like this.

I am accustomed to it.......I call things the way I see it, and it always isn't the popular opinion. I know the talent, especially at skill positions I saw. I don't give out compliments easily unless deserved, and Alcoa gets my props.......they peaked at the right time.

Edited by Brandon100

You are right! Alcoa almost always has the better talent, but Maryville has the better program!! Good luck to the Rebs and oak ridge today!! Lets show the state what brand of football we play down in Blount County and Oak Ridge!!!!! Can you believe 2 schools from the same county with a combined soon to be 16 gold balls!!!!!! :lol:

You are right! Alcoa almost always has the better talent, but Maryville has the better program!! Good luck to the Rebs and oak ridge today!! Lets show the state what brand of football we play down in Blount County and Oak Ridge!!!!! Can you believe 2 schools from the same county with a combined soon to be 16 gold balls!!!!!! :lol:

Excellent Point and as a former Tornadoe and Blount County resident I've have respected Maryville's program and longed for Alcoa to move in that direction with the resources and support and not just ride the talent of the players...Let's go Maryville and Oak Ridge!!

Excellent Point and as a former Tornadoe and Blount County resident I've have respected Maryville's program and longed for Alcoa to move in that direction with the resources and support and not just ride the talent of the players...Let's go Maryville and Oak Ridge!!

I just watched the Maryville vs. Melrose game.........how did Alcoa lose to Maryville other than being out-coached?????????? aloca had the better athletes......now I am ready to watch the DI 5A game...........Comments later........

Edited by Brandon100

I just watched the Maryville vs. Melrose game.........how did Alcoa lose to Maryville other than being out-coached?????????? aloca had the better athletes......now I am ready to watch the DI 5A game...........Comments later........

Maryville plays unreal defense! Maryville's Coach GQ is genius.............

-BlountCountySportsFan............Blount County, The House of Champions!!!!

Congrats Alcoa & Maryville!

Well, all I know is that ALCOA is a GREAT football Team and I feel that we are in our own class and our program is a great one. ALCOA is a small town with talent right in it. We don't have to go looking for talent.It's a natural even tho we have some young guys without a 2 parent family and there are a lot of the guys who don't have parents as doctors, lawyers, nurses and big incomes and that's the difference in ALCOA and MARYVILLE. We have to build up our team all year long with less guys to choose from to play and we play both sides of the ball but we are so talented that folk won't play us near the end of the season because we are a lot better team but they are willing to play us the first of the season. Makes you wanna say HMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Thanks for saying a good word about our STATE CHAMPIONS in 2-2A Think about it folks!! Oh yes, I AM a #1 fan and have been for about 25 yrs. GO ALCOA TORNADOES!!!!!

Well, all I know is that ALCOA is a GREAT football Team and I feel that we are in our own class and our program is a great one. ALCOA is a small town with talent right in it. We don't have to go looking for talent.It's a natural even tho we have some young guys without a 2 parent family and there are a lot of the guys who don't have parents as doctors, lawyers, nurses and big incomes and that's the difference in ALCOA and MARYVILLE. We have to build up our team all year long with less guys to choose from to play and we play both sides of the ball but we are so talented that folk won't play us near the end of the season because we are a lot better team but they are willing to play us the first of the season. Makes you wanna say HMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Thanks for saying a good word about our STATE CHAMPIONS in 2-2A Think about it folks!! Oh yes, I AM a #1 fan and have been for about 25 yrs. GO ALCOA TORNADOES!!!!!

What's up family-- I did'nt get a chance to talk to you at the Tyner game...you have spoken the truth.

Alcoa may have the most talented team in the state, but that doesn't make them the best team in the state. You can have all the talent, but if your coaching staff can't gel it together, then you won't get by against good teams (ie Maryville dominating Alcoa). It shows how important a good coaching staff is.

GARY.....this is coming from a guy that totally knows football..............after watching the 5A state championship tonight, Alcoa IS the best team in ANY division OR classification in the state at this given time..........they peaked at the right time.........play 'em at the first of the season........maybe........at the end......YOU LOSE........they are much better than Melrose.....BA, MUS, Ravenwood, Oak Ridge, Maryville.......etc..............I speak the truth.....believe what you want.........as a BA alum....Ravenwood camera man..........I am not being biased.........

Edited by Brandon100