7-AAA Re-caps

Dark Man

I was just wondering if there were some folks out there that were at these games tonight and can give some information about each game. Oakland/White Co., Blackman/Lebanon, Siegel/Warren Co., and Riverdale/Cookeville. I know that White, Blackman, Siegel, and Riverdale won their respective games, but I want to know how all the teams looked. :lol:

Edited by Dark Man

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Siegel game and they played as a team with a balanced inside outside attack. Their defense caused numerous turn overs and they substituted frequently throughout the entire game. Parrott lead the scoring with 12 and Spurlock had 9 or 10. Faulkner had a good game, as well. Warren County did not match up well with size or speed.

Riverdale's Anne Marie Lanning finished with 27 points, Lauran Hudgins hit 5 treys and added 17 points, and Alex Bivens hit 3 treys for 15 points. Lady Warriors played their most balanced game yet. Cookeville started out strong and played hard the entire game.

Way to go LADY WARRIORS.....Cookeville is usually pretty strong are they kinda down this year or did we play that well or...are we gonna be that good? I have seen us plat the home games and we have looked good against weak teams so knowing cookeville is usually pretty good kinda raises the eyebrows

I was at the Siegel game and they played as a team with a balanced inside outside attack. Their defense caused numerous turn overs and they substituted frequently throughout the entire game. Parrott lead the scoring with 12 and Spurlock had 9 or 10. Faulkner had a good game, as well. Warren County did not match up well with size or speed.

Pres- Good to see the inside game come around. CP and DS need to maintain a presence for siegel to do well. Tuesday should be interesting.

Guest dare_2_dream

Pres- Good to see the inside game come around. CP and DS need to maintain a presence for siegel to do well. Tuesday should be interesting.

i missed the game last night, got confused on how to get there...but how do you thikn the lady stars will match up against RHS...will Lanning be able to have her way vs Siegel, or can they shut her down...How about Bivens, who do you think will guard her...looking forward to your input...

What about Jones? Someone said she had 17 pts.

i missed the game last night, got confused on how to get there...but how do you thikn the lady stars will match up against RHS...will Lanning be able to have her way vs Siegel, or can they shut her down...How about Bivens, who do you think will guard her...looking forward to your input...

Before I answer your question, I'll let someone else give you the smack answer, the relationship between Siegel and Riverdale has been as friendly competitors off the field but on the court has developed in to a situation that Riverdale and Oakland still maintain the tradition of the Boro but Siegel and Blackman are trying to get a piece of that tradition and respect. Siegel was very moved when Riverdale took a group of students and players to Warren County to support its volleyball team win the district tournament. riverdale was one of the few teams to beat Siegel this past year. Both student bodies are great and demand excellence of its teams. The nation is recognized as a great cheering section and I am sure Riverdale will bring theirs also.

Now to your question. As last year, Lanning is a great player and as things are working out with injuries, is a legitimate candidate for Miss Tennessee Basketball this year. She is a great all around player. Bivens is also a great player. The addition of their point really strengthened their team.

The perception might be that the players will do what they do best. it will be a dog fight. The game will wind up being won on the bench by the coaching staffs of both teams making moves that will make a difference. Who guards who does not really make a difference. When who guards who does make a difference and as last year, the other players made the difference not who the crowd thought would.

Lanning will get her points. Bivens will get hers. TJ will get hers and a group of role players will get theirs.

Coach Burt and his staff and coach Bush and his staff will make the moves that will make the difference for both teams are very versatile. It will be a great game to watch from a coaching point of view. I know this was not the answer you may have expected but you might look for the closest game Riverdale has had this year. Don't be late for the first game.

It should be a very interesting game. Hopefully, Riverdale will be looking beyond our game, as I am sure everyone will be expecting an easy victory for the Warriors. Last year, Jones guarded Laning in the first game and held her to well under her avarage. The second game was a blowout. Siegel cannot afford to fall way behind early.

Siegel is still young. They have only one senior, Jones, their first senior ever. She is a team leader and is scoring about 20 pts per game. The guards, Gerhart, Faulkner and Wright are all Sophomores, but any one of them can shoot the 3 and play defense.. Kristen Seigenthaler, a junior guard, is coming off a serious knee injury , but is playing well and can handle the ball and shoot from the outside.With Waggoner, a Sophomore at 6'2" and juniors Spurlock at 6' and Parrott at 5'11", the Stars should have the advantage on the boards. Burns is a freshman that has seen some minutes on the floor this year and rounds out the varsity team.

I have not seen Riverdale play, but their record speaks for itself. I know that Coach Bush has really upped the quality of opponents for this season. Siegel has some losses, but all have been againt quality competition. They have been in every game and have wins over Beech, Lincoln County and Warren County to their credit this year. The Beech game was a Hall of Fame Game, as was the Livingston Academy contest. They lost by 2 at McGavock, a team that beat Wilson Central, and Loretto by 6. Lorreto has a standout post in Jana Cross, who has already signed with Freed-Hardeman. Siegel led most of the way in both of the losses.

Tuesday's game is at Siegel, so that should help the Stars if the Nation comes out and cheers for them. This is a great early season game between, in my opinion, the top two teams in the District. If Siegel plays like they did Friday night, it should be very interesting. If they play like they did against Livingston, it could be a long night indeed.