Multiplier rule did what it was suppose to do!

UCSportsFan

Did you not read the submission? The difference between public and private is motivation. You are not very intelligent are you. Can you read? I was writing about the differences between most private school children and most public school kids. I did not write that for you, but it was intended for someone else. Allow me to explain. There was a post that said there are no differences between public and private. I begged to differ. Motivation being my first point. Second point I made was you have public schools out there who can only have two paid coaches on staff. Name me a private school with only two coaches. Now remember, Tyner does not have that many people who can volunteer their time due to the socioeconomic culture of that region. Most parents are working. Please read before you insert foot.

Please explain how private schools can hand pick students?

btw..Maryville has 8 coaches, Oak Ridge has 9 and Dobyns-Bennet has 12 coaches.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good comment by the way. Dumdb? I am confused, for a boy who thinks he is smart why can he not spell those big tough words like dumb? By the way, most teams can not compete with private schools. I know except for this recent championship game, the three previously played 1-A finals were dominated by private schools. Mmmm, you're right. Extremely competitive. You guys can't get past Brighton. JMC is very competitive. You're from podunk West TN. Besides, Memphis, Huntingdon, Milan, Portland are there any other teams in West TN. I'm not sure, maybe you can help me or am I too dumdb?

Gee...I`m confused now. Who is JMC? :)

For someone who enjoys pointing out typos, you take the cake.

Who said anything about the Bucs? You're worried about Temple. We are not afraid of privates. Don't care if you think so or not.

Gee...isn't Temple still in 1a? The multiplier helped them...right?

Your right Temple is still 1A because they were so small the multiplier coulndn't even move them up. Friendship Christian is another school the multiplier did not move up.

I thoroughly know the history of Boyd football. As well, I know a lot of TN high school football. So, please do not patronize me and assume that you know more than I about football. You made the statement that DCA, CPA, and Boyd could win 1-A. That was a dumb comment. I can say it in a constructive manner if that would make you feel better. Here, let me try. You made a few good points, but that one could have been worded differently. Does that make it better? Bottomline, Trousdale Co. would have won against all three teams.

Please, do not say that the better team lost. I am referring to your comments on the Tyner vs. Alcoa matchup. I know you may not have said it in those exact words, but you mentioned that Tyner should have won. Were you there? That's right you went off of a stat sheet. Let me tell you. Good teams do not fumble. The better team obviously won because they had more points in the end. I get frustrated when people claim the better team lost. How is that? Other than Missouri when Colorado was given five downs to end the game, no team/ person/ coach can make that claim. Good teams do not fumble. If Tyner was the better team, then they would have not given the ball up to Alcoa. Also, take a look at my name. Alcoa had too much talent for Tyner. Your lucky Boyd did not have to play. BTW, welcome to 2-A. If I were Akins, I would recruit some fast kids. He's living in East TN where speed dominates right now. Boyd looks too much like Goodpasture, slow. Also, ask Akins why you throw on 3rd goal when you have the #2 team in the state beat with 5 minutes remaining (referring to 1999).

We'll never know about DCA, CPA or Boyd playing Trousdale. Clint won't allow it. TC was a very impressive team this year, I saw the Championship game. Love the kids, can't stand the coach.

Good teams do not fumble?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess none of us are any good. Can you name me a "good team"? Is that the way we measure a team...that they not fumble? Alcoa is GREAT. They killed GP in the Championship game. I'm not taking anything away from them. You are also correct that I went off the stat sheet in the paper on the Alco vs Tyner game. Also the news articles. Do you really think Tyner is not a good team "because they fumble"?

Akins does not recruit kids. But you believe whatever you want. If you think you know something then take it to the TSSAA. I'm sure he's not a "good coach" to you because of your vast football knowledge. He is almost always asked to coach the Tennessee all stars vs Georgia's all stars, so someone thinks he's pretty good.

Gee...is there no limit to private school people's advantages? BUCCO has a job...wow...I'm impressed. :lol:

BUCK ROGERS...you still haven't answered the question. Is it tougher against larger schools? If so...was it easier or more difficult

when we moved up to 3a? Were we "avoiding" easier teams? I have the answer if you don't.

I've answered this about 12 times Aintone. Clint is right about you guys, your a little slow. Yes it is tougher playing larger schools. When YOU moved to 3A your competition was harder playing public 3A vs a real public 2A sized Smith county. However the 3A publics were easier as a whole than playing the 2A private schools GP and DL. How may times do I have do say it for it to sink in?

I don't know...move the problem up one class? ...and no.

My point is the goal of most proponents of the multiplier (I don't include Antwan in the "most" category. He has always been for a complete split.) appears to be that no private school would win a state championship in DI football. That is why I asked the second question.

However, it seems a little hypocritical when people post comments like - "Public schools take back the Gridiron!" and the topic posted on the Football board titled "Lipscomb and Goodpasture - Privates can't hang with the Publics". Private school supporters need to move on and not whine. However, public school supporters don't need to taunt the private schools that got multiplied to a higher classification. It is a little like bragging that you and 5 of your guys can beat up me and 2 of my guys.

IMHO

Good post. The only solution is the complete split. It's coming, just not soon enough.

I've answered this about 12 times Aintone. Clint is right about you guys, your a little slow. Yes it is tougher playing larger schools. When YOU moved to 3A your competition was harder playing public 3A vs a real public 2A sized Smith county. However the 3A publics were easier as a whole than playing the 2A private schools GP and DL. How may times do I have do say it for it to sink in?

Nope...not necessarily true BUCCO. You have never stated DL and GP had an advantage before.

Edited by Antwan

I posted this on another thread:

Just some information about football championships in this public/private debate. If I read TSSAA records site correctly since 1969 until the split there were about 92 State Championships in football. If my count is correct 68 championships were won by public schools and 24 were won by private schools. With the exception of Brentwood Academy (9) no private school won more than two during that time frame. DCA and Webb are the two schools. Also during that same time frame 15 public schools won two or more championships. Alcoa (4), Marion (4), Oak Ridge (4), Cleveland (3), Gallatin (3), Lincoln (3), Loudon (3), Maryville (3), Sweetwater (3), Trousdale (3), Austin East (2), Lake County (2), Milan (2), South Pittsburg (2), Tennessee High (2). Twenty-five public schools have won one football state championship while 11 private schools accomplished that same feat during this time frame. I don't include post split because,the issue seems to be that public schools cannot compete with private schools.

I remember when the spilt happened because I was coaching at a public school at that time and the head football coach hated private schools.There were two in particular, because their ALUMNI Associations were actively recruiting some of his potential players. I asked how these people could recruit legally and I was told that TSSAA could not regulate Alumni Associations. Somehow the idea had gotten around that if public and private schools split the recruiting would stop. In fact, it got worse because the scholarship player participation limit no longer applied.

To add to it.

Since split in 1997 there have been 45 State Football Championships in the Public sector. Private Schools have won 8 with most being in Class 1A (5 in 1A and 3 in 2A) Two Private schools have won more than one state championship in the Public realm since the split, Goodpasture (2) and CPA (2). Four other Private schools have won one each. The Public schools have won 37 State Football Championships since the split. Public has won all of the Class 3A, 4A, and 5A Championships (27) and 10 of the Class 1A (4 in Class 1A and 6 in Class 2A). Six Public schools have won more than 2 State Football Championships. Maryville (6), Alcoa (3), Riverdale (3), Trousdale (3), Fulton (2), Milan (2). Eighteen Public Schools have won one State Football Championship since the split.

Except for Class 1A from 2000 to 2004 when private schools won that class state championship, i can't find any time the Private schools have dominated the public schools in State Football Championship games.I find that Trousdale won 3 of the 4 1A state football titles during that time and I understand they left to a higher classification for a while so I don't know if they could have won more. I understand they did well in Class 3A, was it? I don't know which class they moved to and I don't think it matters nor the why. I do find that of the 37State Football Championships won by the Public schools 19 have been won by 6 Public Schools.

The multliper did what it was suppose to do. Private schools have an unfair advantage over Public schools. The playing field has been leveled. I don't understand these comments. Except for a 5 year period in 1A I can't find the dominance since the split and before the split Brentwood Academy, a 1A size school playing in 5A, was the only Private school dominanting and they were playing up already so the multiplier would have had no effect.

Well I've spent too much time already on this subject. I have an exam to prepare for my Public school students. Do what you want with this information. I am not trying to make a point but a lot of people have been saying things so I decided to look up the information on the TSSAA web site and the above is what I found.

If I were to make a prediction for next year I would be willing to bet that Trousdale, Alcoa, Maryville, and Riverdale are the odds on favorite to win the State Football Championships in their classification next year.

Edited by Dogstar

I posted this on another thread:

Just some information about football championships in this public/private debate. If I read TSSAA records site correctly since 1969 until the split there were about 92 State Championships in football. If my count is correct 68 championships were won by public schools and 24 were won by private schools. With the exception of Brentwood Academy (9) no private school won more than two during that time frame. DCA and Webb are the two schools. Also during that same time frame 15 public schools won two or more championships. Alcoa (4), Marion (4), Oak Ridge (4), Cleveland (3), Gallatin (3), Lincoln (3), Loudon (3), Maryville (3), Sweetwater (3), Trousdale (3), Austin East (2), Lake County (2), Milan (2), South Pittsburg (2), Tennessee High (2). Twenty-five public schools have won one football state championship while 11 private schools accomplished that same feat during this time frame. I don't include post split because,the issue seems to be that public schools cannot compete with private schools.

I remember when the spilt happened because I was coaching at a public school at that time and the head football coach hated private schools.There were two in particular, because their ALUMNI Associations were actively recruiting some of his potential players. I asked how these people could recruit legally and I was told that TSSAA could not regulate Alumni Associations. Somehow the idea had gotten around that if public and private schools split the recruiting would stop. In fact, it got worse because the scholarship player participation limit no longer applied.

To add to it.

Since split in 1997 there have been 45 State Football Championships in the Public sector. Private Schools have won 8 with most being in Class 1A (5 in 1A and 3 in 2A) Two Private schools have won more than one state championship in the Public realm since the split, Goodpasture (2) and CPA (2). Four other Private schools have won one each. The Public schools have won 37 State Football Championships since the split. Public has won all of the Class 3A, 4A, and 5A Championships (27) and 10 of the Class 1A (4 in Class 1A and 6 in Class 2A). Six Public schools have won more than 2 State Football Championships. Maryville (6), Alcoa (3), Riverdale (3), Trousdale (3), Fulton (2), Milan (2). Eighteen Public Schools have won one State Football Championship since the split.

Except for Class 1A from 2000 to 2004 when private schools won that class state championship, i can't find any time the Private schools have dominated the public schools in State Football Championship games.I find that Trousdale won 3 of the 4 1A state football titles during that time and I understand they left to a higher classification for a while so I don't know if they could have won more. I understand they did well in Class 3A, was it? I don't know which class they moved to and I don't think it matters nor the why. I do find that of the 37State Football Championships won by the Public schools 19 have been won by 6 Public Schools.

The multliper did what it was suppose to do. Private schools have an unfair advantage over Public schools. The playing field has been leveled. I don't understand these comments. Except for a 5 year period in 1A I can't find the dominance since the split and before the split Brentwood Academy, a 1A size school playing in 5A, was the only Private school dominanting and they were playing up already so the multiplier would have had no effect.

Well I've spent too much time already on this subject. I have an exam to prepare for my Public school students. Do what you want with this information. I am not trying to make a point but a lot of people have been saying things so I decided to look up the information on the TSSAA web site and the above is what I found.

If I were to make a prediction for next year I would be willing to bet that Trousdale, Alcoa, Maryville, and Riverdale are the odds on favorite to win the State Football Championships in their classification next year.

No privates won in 3a...4a...or 5a because there were no privates in those classes. Your analysis should only include 1a and 2a.

This year is the 1st year any privates were in 3a. There were only 3 schools. They were David Lipscomb...Notre Dame...and Catholic. LA beat all 3 to win the title. DL made the finals and Notre Dame made the semis. Notre Dame was one quarter from beating LA. If they had...all 3 privates would have been in the semis.

As it was...two of the 3 were in the semis.

No privates won in 3a...4a...or 5a because there were no privates in those classes. Your analysis should only include 1a and 2a.

This year is the 1st year any privates were in 3a. There were only 3 schools. They were David Lipscomb...Notre Dame...and Catholic. LA beat all 3 to win the title. DL made the finals and Notre Dame made the semis. Notre Dame was one quarter from beating LA. If they had...all 3 privates would have been in the semis.

As it was...two of the 3 were in the semis.

My analysis went from 1969 to present and the ONLY thing you focused on was there were no privates in Class 3A, 4A, 5A since the split? OK Class 1A: The single most dominant team Trousdale, Class 2A: The single most dominant team Alcoa. Both are public and Trousdale may have won more if they had not left 1A for a while. I am disappointed that that is all you could focus on.

My analysis went from 1969 to present and the ONLY thing you focused on was there were no privates in Class 3A, 4A, 5A since the split? OK Class 1A: The single most dominant team Trousdale, Class 2A: The single most dominant team Alcoa. Both are public and Trousdale may have won more if they had not left 1A for a while. I am disappointed that that is all you could focus on.

I was just stating a fact. You stated the publics has won all the championships since the split in 3a...4a...and 5a. If you are to analyze after the split...you should look at 1a and 2a only. That was my only point. Trousdale left 1a because they were classified as a 2a school 4 years ago. They moved up to 3a instead of playing in 2a.

Edited by Antwan