Multiplier rule did what it was suppose to do!

UCSportsFan

Population base...oh great one. Read the many posts on the subject. Look at the numbers on private vs. public at the 1a level in the 4 years before the multiplier. Believe me...I'm not putting words in your mouth. Is 1a tough or not? Why is Temple...and other 1a privates not in an easier division? Heck...they are...and you still whine about it. All YOU AND YOURS have done is whine because you were moved up. You should know I am against the multiplier...always have been. Aren't you the intellectual grand poobah of coacht? It has been said over and over all of the tough competition in 1a has been eliminated by the multiplier. Where have you been reading? Certainly not this site.

Well, I sure don't have time to go back and read your previous 5,480 posts. Is this your job? Are you saying because kids travel to go to a private school that we have more to chose from right? I think if you just did a small amount of homework you would find that most kids come to the privates in Kindergarten. Without exception almost every senior we graduate, 75% of their class started in Kindergarden. We don't go looking for althetes. Every school we play has better athletes.

1A is still tough. Trousdale still plays there right? South Pittsburg, Friendship etc. Of coarse we've never played TC, but you and I both know why. South Pitt always strapped on their helments and played ball. Never heard any of this unfair advantage stuff you've dreamed up. I want to make sure you understand my answere to your many questions about 1A or 2A being tougher. Here it is. 2A is tougher overall. There were some programs in our region in 1A that were on the downhill slope. Example is Lookout Valley. They used to have a very good program, drilled us every time we played the first 15 years. Lately they lose their best athletes to .....Tyner. (Magnet School) Now those boys don't even play tuition like the private school kids do. So does the population base apply to them also? Back to the 1A-2A thing. 2A we get no weeks off, every game is tough because we are playing schools with 550-650 kids in high school each week. Now as far as our schedule, the last 10 years we've played a tougher non region schedule than region schedule. 2A is not intimidating at all. Only with the exception of Tyner the teams we've played in 2A have been the equivalant of South Pitt and Friendship, most not even that good. I would like for someone with your vast knowledge to help the TSSAA figure out what to do with the magnat schools, open enrollment schools etc etc. Those are the teams that non of us can beat. Has Smith County EVER beat ALCOA? Could you EVER? Are we the problem or are they? We're 1/2 your size and happy to play 2A. We'd just like ALL the problems of inequality addressed and not just attack the private schools. We send our kids to Schools like Boyd and Temple because of the terrible school system that exists here in Hamilton County, not because they have a great football team.

My point about Temple (and I'm no fan of Temple) is that it would be terrible for their kids to have to play in 2A right now, they can't even compete in 1A. Is there a division new schools public and private could compete in until they get established? Why doesn't Ronnie Carter do something FOR Temple and Red Boling Springs instead of worrying about doing something against all the small private schools?

I still have not read anywhere on coach t about all the competition being eliminated from 1A, but I must take your word for it since it is obvious this is ALL you do. If you don't belive me, check every thread, you are either #1 or 2 for # of posts on each one. You are the undisputed Champion of # of posts. ;)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My point about Temple... is that it would be terrible for their kids to have to play in 2A right now, they can't even compete in 1A."

ummm, they went 6-4, and made the playoffs.

sounds halfway competitive to me.

Certainly not a record that would get you promoted in a merit system, plus they're taking severe graduation losses. (Granted, no system can account for that perfectly, but a merit system at least tries, and succeeds in the long run.)

"My point about Temple... is that it would be terrible for their kids to have to play in 2A right now, they can't even compete in 1A."

ummm, they went 6-4, and made the playoffs.

sounds halfway competitive to me.

laz,

Do you really feel that 6-4 is a good record? Heck the way that things are now teams with any type of pulse should make the playoffs. Two divisions, four teams in each region advancing to the playoffs and eight champions is a joke.

Edited by cbg

6-4 is a pretty good record.

for a 127 student school, it is an excellent record.

temple's football team should be proud of their season.

why would you want to denigrate their accomplishments?

Laz, please don't get me wrong. I was not at all degrading Temple's football team. Temple won 2 of those 6 games against non member schools. I don't want to analize their schedule. My point is if Temple adds some more students (I don't know the exact # for the cutoff for each classification, I think each classification is seperated by about 300ish students) they will be kicked up to 2A. I think it would be very difficult for a pretty new program to compete there. Temple has a kid named Skogan that is an unbelievable athlete. I think he accounted for about 75% of their offense. He is graduating this year. I do know Temple is a basketball powerhouse. They won't have many teams in 1A that will stay on the court with them, but that is another subject.

Please don't cry for Temple. In the first place, football is not the reason for their existence (nor is it in other Christian schools I know about). I predicted when they started football a few years ago that they would not have long-term success in the sport. You need numbers, facilities and administrative support to have a successful football PROGRAM. I predict that they will make an administrative decision to drop football in a few years for a variety of reasons.

BTW, Seth Skogen, a 6-4, 200 lb receiver, is a junior. His younger brother, Joey, is a sophomore, I believe (maybe a freshman). Josh Smith, another of their fine athetes is also a junior. Kevin Smithson, who played QB for them is a senior. They will miss him but probably replace him with the younger Skogen. They will continue to be good and competitive at the class A level for at least next season.

I can't believe I'm being a Temple apologist! LOL! My point is simply that Temple, Grace, Boyd Buchanan and other Christian schools began and will continue to exist for reasons other than football success. They will strive for excellence to the glory of God in ALL they do, because that is what Christians should do. I'm not trying to be high-minded here, but simply to point out that Temple need not apolgize for success. It is also worth noting that Smith County (and most other public schools) likely did not start with their primary objective being football success.

Please don't cry for Temple. In the first place, football is not the reason for their existence (nor is it in other Christian schools I know about). I predicted when they started football a few years ago that they would not have long-term success in the sport. You need numbers, facilities and administrative support to have a successful football PROGRAM. I predict that they will make an administrative decision to drop football in a few years for a variety of reasons.

BTW, Seth Skogen, a 6-4, 200 lb receiver, is a junior. His younger brother, Joey, is a sophomore, I believe (maybe a freshman). Josh Smith, another of their fine athetes is also a junior. Kevin Smithson, who played QB for them is a senior. They will miss him but probably replace him with the younger Skogen. They will continue to be good and competitive at the class A level for at least next season.

I can't believe I'm being a Temple apologist! LOL! My point is simply that Temple, Grace, Boyd Buchanan and other Christian schools began and will continue to exist for reasons other than football success. They will strive for excellence to the glory of God in ALL they do, because that is what Christians should do. I'm not trying to be high-minded here, but simply to point out that Temple need not apolgize for success. It is also worth noting that Smith County (and most other public schools) likely did not start with their primary objective being football success.

Amen, Steve

Well, I sure don't have time to go back and read your previous 5,480 posts. Is this your job? Are you saying because kids travel to go to a private school that we have more to chose from right? I think if you just did a small amount of homework you would find that most kids come to the privates in Kindergarten. Without exception almost every senior we graduate, 75% of their class started in Kindergarden. We don't go looking for althetes. Every school we play has better athletes.

1A is still tough. Trousdale still plays there right? South Pittsburg, Friendship etc. Of coarse we've never played TC, but you and I both know why. South Pitt always strapped on their helments and played ball. Never heard any of this unfair advantage stuff you've dreamed up. I want to make sure you understand my answere to your many questions about 1A or 2A being tougher. Here it is. 2A is tougher overall. There were some programs in our region in 1A that were on the downhill slope. Example is Lookout Valley. They used to have a very good program, drilled us every time we played the first 15 years. Lately they lose their best athletes to .....Tyner. (Magnet School) Now those boys don't even play tuition like the private school kids do. So does the population base apply to them also? Back to the 1A-2A thing. 2A we get no weeks off, every game is tough because we are playing schools with 550-650 kids in high school each week. Now as far as our schedule, the last 10 years we've played a tougher non region schedule than region schedule. 2A is not intimidating at all. Only with the exception of Tyner the teams we've played in 2A have been the equivalant of South Pitt and Friendship, most not even that good. I would like for someone with your vast knowledge to help the TSSAA figure out what to do with the magnat schools, open enrollment schools etc etc. Those are the teams that non of us can beat. Has Smith County EVER beat ALCOA? Could you EVER? Are we the problem or are they? We're 1/2 your size and happy to play 2A. We'd just like ALL the problems of inequality addressed and not just attack the private schools. We send our kids to Schools like Boyd and Temple because of the terrible school system that exists here in Hamilton County, not because they have a great football team.

My point about Temple (and I'm no fan of Temple) is that it would be terrible for their kids to have to play in 2A right now, they can't even compete in 1A. Is there a division new schools public and private could compete in until they get established? Why doesn't Ronnie Carter do something FOR Temple and Red Boling Springs instead of worrying about doing something against all the small private schools?

I still have not read anywhere on coach t about all the competition being eliminated from 1A, but I must take your word for it since it is obvious this is ALL you do. If you don't belive me, check every thread, you are either #1 or 2 for # of posts on each one. You are the undisputed Champion of # of posts. :thumb:

Gee...Bucco I've been a member of this site since April...2001. My average posts are equal to yours...hmmm. You really still don't have a clue. Do something for Temple and RBS... :lol: Temple made the playoffs in what...their 3rd year. They'll beat you before you know it.

As for Alcoa...we've only played them once. We lost 27-13 in a slugfest. Could we beat them...sure. If we could have played them last year...it would have been interesting.

Edited by Antwan

Gee...Bucco I've been a member of this site since April...2001. My average posts are equal to yours...hmmm. You really still don't have a clue. Do something for Temple and RBS... :) Temple made the playoffs in what...their 3rd year. They'll beat you before you know it.

As for Alcoa...we've only played them once. We lost 27-13 in a slugfest. Could we beat them...sure. If we could have played them last year...it would have been interesting.

Congrats on your membership. Lets see I have 200 posts, you have 5,000 hmmm sounds close. Temple might beat us, some day. You beat Alcoa :):thumb::lol: never.

Aint one, just because someone disagrees with you they are clueless, right? You need to grow up. I am very clueless about the "unfair advantage" the prvate schools in D1 have. Neither you nor anyone else on here has offered any proof of that. Just opinions with no merit whatsoever. I'm just trying to have an ADULT conversation with those who have a different view than what I have. Please don't respond back to me, now or ever. I am looking for an ADULT that can offer some insight to this "unfair advantage"

Congrats on your membership. Lets see I have 200 posts, you have 5,000 hmmm sounds close. Temple might beat us, some day. You beat Alcoa :thumb::D:D never.

Aint one, just because someone disagrees with you they are clueless, right? You need to grow up. I am very clueless about the "unfair advantage" the prvate schools in D1 have. Neither you nor anyone else on here has offered any proof of that. Just opinions with no merit whatsoever. I'm just trying to have an ADULT conversation with those who have a different view than what I have. Please don't respond back to me, now or ever. I am looking for an ADULT that can offer some insight to this "unfair advantage"

Yep...clueless. :D I would explain average posts...but I don't think you would understand. Nah...the tssaa just came up with a multiplier for the fun of it. There's no foundation for it. Just seemed like the thing to do at the time. That's just my unmerited opinion.

Alcoa has had recent down years. They will have them again...just llike all small public schools do. In 2003 Lipscomb beat them 55-6.

Could care less if you respond or even read my posts.

Edited by Antwan