Congrats Ravenwood

Gerry Bertier

Congrats goes out to Ravenwood for their 1st state title. You have made Williamson County very proud.

Now here is a question for debate. Does Williamson Co. have the best football county in the state? Now I know Blount Co. folks will say it is them. And yes they should be consider very high. But here is my rationale for for Williamson Co.

- Have sent 3 different high schools to the 5A Championship game in the last 4 years (Brentwood won in 2002, Franklin lost in 2004, and Ravenwood wins in 2005)

- Williamson Co. has 5 schools that play in the same region in 5A, so it is not possible for two schools to bring home two gold balls as it is in Blount Co. By the 3rd round only 1 team can remain.

- Brentwood Academy is also in Williamson Co. and is a great program.

So I think the overall quality of football in Williamson Co. is better than any other county in the state. Yes, most will disagree, but what fun is it if we all have the same views.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats goes out to Ravenwood for their 1st state title. You have made Williamson County very proud.

Now here is a question for debate. Does Williamson Co. have the best football county in the state? Now I know Blount Co. folks will say it is them. And yes they should be consider very high. But here is my rationale for for Williamson Co.

- Have sent 3 different high schools to the 5A Championship game in the last 4 years (Brentwood won in 2002, Franklin lost in 2004, and Ravenwood wins in 2005)

- Williamson Co. has 5 schools that play in the same region in 5A, so it is not possible for two schools to bring home two gold balls as it is in Blount Co. By the 3rd round only 1 team can remain.

So I think the overall quality of football in Williamson Co. is better than any other county in the state. Yes, most will disagree, but what fun is it if we all have the same views.

Good post....but they lost to a mediocre team in DII........Brentwood Academy who would have beaten them worse if a 1 1/2 hour rain delay wasn't called........Ravenwood did not have a bench to play against them......they played about 18 kids on offense and defense..........they got rested..........however......I appreciate Ravenwood for bringing the 5A State to Williamson Co.......by the way......BA would not have wanted to play them at the END of the season.......BA is the Williamson County Champion.......but Ravenwood is the 5A STATE champion...........

Edited by Brandon100

Good post....but they lost to a mediocre team in DII........Brentwood Academy who would have beaten them worse if a 1 1/2 hour rain delay wasn't called........Ravenwood did not have a bench to play against them......they played about 18 kids on offense and defense..........they got rested..........however......I appreciate Ravenwood for bringing the 5A State to Williamson Co.......by the way......BA would not have wanted to play them at the END of the season.......BA isa the Williamson County Champion.......but Ravenwood is the 5A STATE champion...........

BA is the Grand Daddy of Williamson County Football; When you can tick off the whole state to create Div.II you have done something worth remembering.

Actually Williamson could in theory win 5 Gold Balls in the same year.

2A - Fairview

3A - Page

5A - Franklin,Ravenwood, Brentwood etc

Div II AA BGA

Div II AAA BA

Good post....but they lost to a mediocre team in DII........Brentwood Academy who would have beaten them worse if a 1 1/2 hour rain delay wasn't called........Ravenwood did not have a bench to play against them......they played about 18 kids on offense and defense..........they got rested..........however......I appreciate Ravenwood for bringing the 5A State to Williamson Co.......by the way......BA would not have wanted to play them at the END of the season.......BA is the Williamson County Champion.......but Ravenwood is the 5A STATE champion...........

The problem with playing BA is its like playing poker where the publics are playing 5 card stud and the privs are playing draw - with an unlimited number of draws. We've got to play with the 5 we're dealt with and you get to draw for all aces. Thats a tough game to win. Frankly, as a Brentwood booster I'd like to see us play BA again. It seems starting your year with a loss to BA is a sure way to land in the Boro and win a gold football (Bwood 02, Rwood 05) :thumb: .

The problem with playing BA is its like playing poker where the publics are playing 5 card stud and the privs are playing draw - with an unlimited number of draws. We've got to play with the 5 we're dealt with and you get to draw for all aces. Thats a tough game to win. Frankly, as a Brentwood booster I'd like to see us play BA again. It seems starting your year with a loss to BA is a sure way to land in the Boro and win a gold football (Bwood 02, Rwood 05) :thumb: .

I agree.....went to the Alcoa game with Raptorfan10 last nite.........told him that the reason why ravenwood was in the state was because they took the loss at BA and realized they could play with the best DII has to offer year end and out........called this game 15 weeks ago.....knew ravenwood would win........saw it at BA in the loss.....and NO Ravenwood fan...........ravenwood took something from this loss and made them better.....BA would not want to play them at the end of the season........and I bet BA agrees.......

Edited by Brandon100

The Brentwood Blaze youth football program deserves some credit. Rwood has 21 alumni on their roster and Bwood 24 - plus many that go on to privates.

I agree. Looking back on one of those team pictures from my son's Blaze team years ago, I see kids that started for 5 different teams in high school, and at least 4 on that team that are currently, or will be playing in college.