Best of the best

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I've given Ravenwood plenty of credit, and was happy for them when they won. I even gave them a higher final ranking than BA in this poll. But face it...BA hasn't lost to another school in Williamson County in more than 30 years. I always love how the other teams manage to crush BA in the theoretical games you dreamers postulate, but somehow can't quite get it done on the field.

I was happy to see Ravenwood win as well; a great story. Yet, we now have a case of deja vu, where, as in 2002 with Brentwood High (14-1 state champs, only loss to BA), some Ravenwood fans claim a different outcome would take place later in the season.

My advice to Williamson County teams would be, if beating BA is done easier later in the regular season, schedule them later in the regular season.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was happy to see Ravenwood win as well; a great story. Yet, we now have a case of deja vu, where, as in 2002 with Brentwood High (14-1 state champs, only loss to BA), some Ravenwood fans claim a different outcome would take place later in the season.

My advice to Williamson County teams would be, if beating BA is done easier later in the regular season, schedule them later in the regular season.

Like in the playoffs!! :D

BTW, none of this is to take anything away from a great Ravenwood team that won it all this season. The Raptors have the hardware, the Eagles don't.

How a team plays at the begining of the season to the end can be different.

Look at Livingston Acad. 5 loses and still won the championship. They started to play much better in the play-off's, even beating teams they had lost to earlier.

Typically it takes longer into the season for offenses to fully develope. Defenses typically have the advantage eary in the season.

At championship time...........Maryville is DEFINANTLY not a 20 point better team then Alcoa. PERIOD!

Yea, IF,IF,IF...But IMO, with a healthy Sykes and Warren, maryville losses................. :D

How many times do I have to get on here and say this, I love Alcoa with all of my heart, but they got DISMANTLED against the Rebs!!! We had no shot from the opening kickoff!!!! 41-21 is a whippin, and GQ could have put up at least 70!!! So please stop saying that Alcoa would have, could have, and should have beaten Maryville! Based on that performance, they looked just plain scared and heartless!!! After saying all of that, Alcoa is still my alma mater!! GO TORNADOES!! :D

How many times do I have to get on here and say this, I love Alcoa with all of my heart, but they got DISMANTLED against the Rebs!!! We had no shot from the opening kickoff!!!! 41-21 is a whippin, and GQ could have put up at least 70!!! So please stop saying that Alcoa would have, could have, and should have beaten Maryville! Based on that performance, they looked just plain scared and heartless!!! After saying all of that, Alcoa is still my alma mater!! GO TORNADOES!! :ph34r:

Yes, Alcoa did get beat 41-21. Yes, Alcoa fell apart in the first half and got down 21-0 quickly. but IMO Alcoa did not have their heads in this game and DID NOT PLAY up to their potental. Warren on the side was big against maryvilles run.

Alcoa was their own worst enemy in that game........the wheels came off the wagon and it got ugly fast!

My point, and no one will change my opinion................Alcoa would have played Maryville ALLOT closer in a second game. AND........IMO with Sykes and Warren Maryville DOES NOT WIN IN A REMATCH!

So.....PEP, PEP Thats my opinion! Deal with it! :thumb:

Oh, Are you going to wear your San Diego chicken suit to the parade Saturaday?

You can also bring your Wooden High Horse you like to ride while you pound your maryvillewannbe chest! :lol:

Edited by BCsportsfan

Yes, Alcoa did get beat 41-21. Yes, Alcoa fell apart in the first half and got down 21-0 quickly. but IMO Alcoa did not have their heads in this game and DID NOT PLAY up to their potental. Warren on the side was big against maryvilles run.

Alcoa was their own worst enemy in that game........the wheels came off the wagon and it got ugly fast!

My point, and no one will change my opinion................Alcoa would have played Maryville ALLOT closer in a second game. AND........IMO with Sykes and Warren Maryville DOES NOT WIN IN A REMATCH!

So.....PEP, PEP Thats my opinion! Deal with it! :P

You can also bring your Wooden High Horse you like to ride while you pound your maryvillewannbe chest! ;)

You have got excuse 101 down to perfection. IF IF IF. Just be thankful GQ and staff are the classy group they are. They downed the ball by the way at the end of the game with the subs in instead of pulling the oh they deserve to score since they practice hard all week and it wouldnt be fair to not let them have their chance card. Don`t fool yourself Melrose would dominate Alcoa and Cooper is better than anything that touched the field for Alcoa. :P

You have got excuse 101 down to perfection. IF IF IF. Just be thankful GQ and staff are the classy group they are. They downed the ball by the way at the end of the game with the subs in instead of pulling the oh they deserve to score since they practice hard all week and it wouldnt be fair to not let them have their chance card. Don`t fool yourself Melrose would dominate Alcoa and Cooper is better than anything that touched the field for Alcoa. :P

Get out-the-rain Insider...........Melrose's offense was totally one dimensional behind Cooper! 3 points...............Alcoa scored 21 points on maryville and it was NOT against freak'n 3rd team players. Lindsey had over 100 yard on only 7 carries?!

Why only 7 carries, now thats a question? They got out coached for sure.

The place Alcoa does not match Melrose is defensively.

BCsportsfan, I hope you can turn your "if's and but's" into "candy and nuts" and have a Merry Christmas.

I heard the same thing at the end of last season....'At the end of the season Alcoa coulda or woulda won. 2005 is our year and Maryville can't stay within 14 points of Alcoa.' Yada Yada Yada.

You are entitled to your opinion. Alcoa has a chance every year to PROVE that they can win the game against Maryville. But for whatever reason or 'excuse' they can't, don't, or are unable to get it done. I too had wished Brandon could have played against Maryville. I also would have liked to have seen Lawhon at 100% and Drew Brown and Matt Valentine healthy enough to dress against the Tornadoes, but they were unable to.

Lindsey did take one to the house on Maryville's 1st team defense to make it 28-6. However Maryville came right back with Baker to make it 34-6 and Maryville substituted freely on defense and offense thereafter.

Edited by STARSNBARS

So.....PEP, PEP Thats my opinion! Deal with it! :o

You can also bring your Wooden High Horse you like to ride while you pound your maryvillewannbe chest! :o

You should listen to flashy1048 ... who btw is one of the best and fastest players to ever play at Alcoa . The first part in being able to improve yourself is being able to acknowledge your weaknesses ....with your attitude , i'm sure Alcoa will show up again next year , all cocky , and overconfident like this year , because they've told themselves all year how much better than Maryville they are . That's what Flashy1048 is trying to get across to you . btw , why the bcsportsfan moniker , when it's so obvious where your loyalties lie ??

Edited by pepvol

BCsportsfan, I hope hope you can turn your "if's and but's" into "candy and nuts" and have a Merry Christmas.

I heard the same thing at the end of last season....'At the end of the season Alcoa coulda or woulda won. 2005 is our year and Maryville can't stay within 14 points of Alcoa.' Yada Yada Yada.

You are entitled to your opinion. Alcoa has a chance every year to PROVE that they can win the game against Maryville. But for whatever reason or 'excuse' they can't, don't, or are unable to get it done. I too had wished Brandon could have played against Maryville. I also would have liked to have seen Lawhon at 100% and Drew Brown and Matt Valentine healthy enough to dress against the Tornadoes, but they were unable to.

Lindsey did take one to the house on Maryville's 1st team defense to make it 28-6. However Maryville came right back with Baker to make it 34-6 and Maryville substituted freely on defense and offense thereafter.

All I am saying after watching all Alcoa games this year, is Alcoa play a terrible game against maryville. And not up to their potental.

NO IF,IF,IF and excuse for this and that, just my opinion...........

All I am saying after watching all Alcoa games this year, is Alcoa play a terrible game against maryville. And not up to their potental.

BC I don't know but Maryville may have had a little something to do with that terrible game.

Come to think of it, in our 14 other wins seems like I've heard a lot of those teams say the same thing.

BC I don't know but Maryville may have had a little something to do with that terrible game.

Come to think of it, in our 14 other wins seems like I've heard a lot of those teams say the same thing.

Wrong, Maryville never earned those victories. The other teams all had bad games. Everyone knows that. That plus all the trick plays. They could never beat the `burgs` of the world ya know. :o