Chattanooga Area top 5

I disagree on many points-

There are alot of AAU basketball teams in Cleveland.

Some of the best players may play out of town but most play in Cleveland. (especially at the middle school or elem age) Just go to any gym on any given night in the spring in Cleveland and there will be basketball.

This is not true in Chattanooga. The gyms are empty. (or filled with volleyball players)

Volleyball, soccer and softball are second fiddle to Basketball in Cleveland.

When was the last time they had a good girls team in any of those sports. Bradley has been decent in v-ball but in all the other sports they can't compete with the elite in Chattanooga.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The McMinn Fire is made up of all McMinn and Meigs players so they are fairly local. I know that alot of the good players go to other places like Oak Ridge, Shelbyville, Knoxville, Lebanon and so forth to play but there are some that stay around here to play that are still good. If chattanooga doesnt have the AAU teams for them to play on then its their own fault. Why don't they play AAU. Don't tell me all the basketball players play voleyball or softball. I know there are some that don't so thats not a excuse for them to not be good. What do the highschool players do all summer to get better? I don't think they do anything because they are never any good at all. McMinn Countydoesn't have close to the people that bradley county or chattanooga has but they are always much better. I just think the work ethics are better.

The McMinn Fire is made up of all McMinn and Meigs players so they are fairly local. I know that alot of the good players go to other places like Oak Ridge, Shelbyville, Knoxville, Lebanon and so forth to play but there are some that stay around here to play that are still good. If chattanooga doesnt have the AAU teams for them to play on then its their own fault. Why don't they play AAU. Don't tell me all the basketball players play voleyball or softball. I know there are some that don't so thats not a excuse for them to not be good. What do the highschool players do all summer to get better? I don't think they do anything because they are never any good at all. McMinn Countydoesn't have close to the people that bradley county or chattanooga has but they are always much better. I just think the work ethics are better.

I don't think recent 2 years have proven the Mcminn County is better tan Bradley in Basketball, you certainly have had problems with WV the last couple of years, and Cleveland just took MCHS apart has alot of Fire players on it.

I agree with you as regards the work ethic of all AAU players who try too better themselves in the offseason, it typically shows as the players that do this typically are a schools better players.

The point is kids coming into middle school and then into high school often times choose a sport.

In Cleveland, they choose basketball. (and maybe play another sport but the off-season is committed to basketball)

In Chattanooga, they choose basketball, soccer, volleyball or soccer.

Those that play multiple sports are either average or incredible athletes.

Of course it is their fault, they don't work in the off-season.

Chattanooga dominates every girls sport except basketball.

Just curious as to what are the teams that will play in the Grace/Temple regional tournament. Are there any teams down there that will have a chance against the loser of Jackson County/Clarkrange regional final? I honestly don't know any of the girls teams down there so i am curious about it. Jackson County beat AAA McMinn Co last week by 10 and in a playday before the season opener they beat Gordonsville by 40 or 50 can't remember the exact score but it wasn't close, and i know that Grace came up here and played the Gordonsville team. I just don't know any of the Class A teams there. Thanks in advance. :huh:

Edited by devilfanatic

Dade County is a really good team that is in the Chattanooga area!

Go and kill the fatted calf! The Prodigal Son has returned.

The Good Book mentions placing the finest robe on his back and a ring on his finger. Would he settle for a sweatervest and a pawnshop gold chain?

Huck--"The Next Generation of Dade County DJs"

With CCS up in AA, no one will be able to compete.

Grace is probably the best team in the region. CSAS is much improved. (recently moved down to A from AA)

Hey Whitwell is 8-0 and have beaten everyone by 20 or more except jasper which they only won by 1 but rival games are always close, they have all 5 starters from last year and can shoot the lights out, i know they havent played anyone but still they look really good this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Whitwell is 8-0 and have beaten everyone by 20 or more except jasper which they only won by 1 but rival games are always close, they have all 5 starters from last year and can shoot the lights out, i know they havent played anyone but still they look really good this year.

yeah.. whitwell is improved alot.. who all have they played this year??whens there next big game?