Pacman Jones

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2P if you are going to Hate on my boy Pacman, let me suggest a different name than Smackman (I dont like that very much). Greg Pogue had an article in the DNJ several months back on the side column on the sports page and he referred to him as "Punkman".... I think you would like that better than Smackman. But Pacman is the truth, Pro Bowl is just a few years. Him and Bulluck will be the leaders of this defense for years to come.

I think the reason most of you don't like Pacman is because of his image. He is a young african american who wears designer clothes, platinum jewerly, and has dreads. Some of you just need to get over that and realize this young man is a football player. He brings excitment to the team, he is learning and getting better every week. You can't judge a pick in one year give it 3 or 4 years and you will see how valuable he will be. Right now he may be our best reciever as well. Bennett is showing us he is not a number 1 reciever (I told everyone this).

Woolfork=Wasted 1st round pick

Jones= All-Pro in 5 years

I think the reason most of you don't like Pacman is because of his image. He is a young african american who wears designer clothes, platinum jewerly, and has dreads. Some of you just need to get over that and realize this young man is a football player. He brings excitment to the team, he is learning and getting better every week. You can't judge a pick in one year give it 3 or 4 years and you will see how valuable he will be. Right now he may be our best reciever as well. Bennett is showing us he is not a number 1 reciever (I told everyone this).

Why turn this into something like that? Dont a percentage of the NFL fit this profile?

Face it, the man has been lite up time and time again at DB! He is a great return man though! And before you say it, I know he is a rookie, but when you select some 6th overall, you expect them to give production right away! Renaldo Hill has been a better CB than Jones!!!!

Why turn this into something like that? Dont a percentage of the NFL fit this profile?

Face it, the man has been lite up time and time again at DB! He is a great return man though! And before you say it, I know he is a rookie, but when you select some 6th overall, you expect them to give production right away! Renaldo Hill has been a better CB than Jones!!!!

Pacman's image has something to do with his approval rating. If he was a clean cut guy then fans wouldn't be as hard on him. Case and point- Andre Woolfork.

Production right away? I can name only 2 player of the top 10 picks that have been more productive than Pacman. Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams. Alex Smith has sit the bench and has yet to throw an NFL TD. Braylon Edwards is out for the season with an injury. Cedric Benson isn't even the best rookie on his team. Troy Williamson isn't the deep threat the Vikings thought he would be. Antrell Rolle is out with an injury. Carlos Rogers just got his first start for the Redskins this last week. Mike Williams well what can you say, nothing, cause he hasn't been a factor. So see 7 out of the 10 tops picks are either injured for the season or not contributing to their team.

Derek Mason, Torry Holt, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, and Jimmy Smith. These are the recievers Pacman has been lined up against this year. These guys are proving all-pro caliber recievers they will beat 75 % of the corners in the league, so what makes you think a rookie can cover them. Pacman is going through his growing pains. Give him time, the same ones downing him now will be the same ones praising him later.

he is an embarrassment 2 my race.

Derek Mason, Torry Holt, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, and Jimmy Smith. These are the recievers Pacman has been lined up against this year. These guys are proving all-pro caliber recievers they will beat 75 % of the corners in the league, so what makes you think a rookie can cover them. Pacman is going through his growing pains. Give him time, the same ones downing him now will be the same ones praising him later.

He better learn how to cover them in a hurry if he wants to stay in this league long! And no the reason people stay on him, is because he is constantly putting himself in the spotlight, separating himself from his team! The man even as a rookie has been less than average as a CB, Like I said if not for the return skills, you would think that Hill is the first round pick and Jones was the 5th!!!

SMACKman ran his mouth about what the fans were going to get when he came. Then he swore he was big time and was going to be a force in season one. Fisher also backed up the claims. That is why folk had such high expectations for him,and why he is being dogged so bad for NOT delivering. OTHERWISE....he would be expected to come along at a normal rate like any other rookie. It HAS nothing to do with color....and everything to do with OVERCONFIDENCE and not being able to DELIVER.

Edited by 2priceless

oh so now we are racist because we dont like PacMan...you should play in the NBA, since the dress code is racists too and all... :D

I never said anything about being racist, you brought up that term. Like I said keep saying he isn't worth the pick and he will prove you wrong. Looks like you are the typ of fans who want to make one person the scapegoat for the entire franchise. Maybe you should also be looking at Drew Bennett, Tyrone Calico, Keith Bulluck, Brad Hopkins, Travis Henry, and other players who haven't performed to their abilities this year.

I think the reason most of you don't like Pacman is because of his image. He is a young african american who wears designer clothes, platinum jewerly, and has dreads. Some of you just need to get over that and realize this young man is a football player.

You made the statement, he filled in the blank! This is sterotyping by you and it is very clear as to what you were saying! And I dont understand why everything in this world has to be about racism? We were having a friendly disagreement about an athlete and you turn it into something racist! WHY? That has nothing to do with it!

Anyway, he either needs to grow or work on his leaping ability, because I have seen several times this year where the QB has just threw a ball up and he is short and has been outjumped!!!!!