Pacman Jones

With the 6th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft the Tennesse Titans select Adam "Pacman" Jones, Conerback out of the University of West Virginia...........

Many hated the pick and still do, but I on the other hand think it was a GREAT pick. Other than the Club 615 incident and the contract hold out this guy has been nothing short a great pick. Everyone wants to complain about Pac but I think this is one of the best picks the Titans have made in a long time. I have MUCH else to say about PAC but before I do I want to hear what everyone else has to say about him. Becuase I am a huge supporter and I can and will back up his case as to why this guy has super star written all over him.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think it was a great pick as well. He has shown his explosiveness on special teams, and is even getting in on offense. He is a playmaker, he is going through his rough times like any other rookie in the league. He is contributing more than Rolle of Arizona (who everyone thought the Titans should have selected). You can tell he enjoys being out there and competing, now we just have to teach him to tackle.

I agree with everything you guys have said so for and if you notice teams are throwing the ball to the opposite side of the field most of the time.

I think if the Titans can get a very good play making saftey in the draft it will really help the corners but I think he will make the Pro Bowl with in two more years if not as a corner but as a special teams player!

I despise everything that Smack Man stands for...he got totally BURNED in the Colts game on a TD pass....then he hi-steps off to his sidelines like he prevented a score.

Instead of hanging his head b/c he totally messed up....he is on the sidelines playing around and running his mouth at the crowd who is taunting him.

I know because I was THERE and saw it. The few Titans fans that came to the game were totally disgusted with him.

Maybe they need to use him solely for KO or punt returns........oh wait......THOMPSON would LOVVVVE that. :P

Edited by 2priceless

I despise everything that Smack Man stands for...he got totally BURNED in the Colts game on a TD pass....then he hi-steps off to his sidelines like he prevented a score.

Instead of hanging his head b/c he totally messed up....he is on the sidelines playing around and running his mouth at the crowd who is taunting him.

I know because I was THERE and saw it. The few Titans fans that came to the game were totally disgusted with him.

Maybe they need to use him solely for KO or punt returns........oh wait......THOMPSON would LOVVVVE that. :thumb:

Yeah he got burned against the Colts, they are only the most complex offense in the leauge. They only have about 6 recievers and tight ends that can take it to the house. They only have Peyton Manning behind center. Pacman has something that every young player needs in these league and that is amnesia. You can't worry about the last play, and you have to focus on the next play. If he would of got down on himself, he probably would of given up another TD. He learns every week and that is all you can ask for the rookie. I like his enthusiasm. Chad Johnson was the same way coming out of Oregon St. he took his lums and look at him now. Give Pacman time. He enjoys the game of football, and has total confidence in his abilities, that is what you want in a player. Thompson returning kicks, hah? He couldn't shake someone if his life depended on it. Just give him time. At least he is healthy unlike some of the Titan veterans sucking it up on the field.

The man can play special teams, I will give him that! But he has been burnt by ever WR that has lined up against him! He has got to improve on defense or he will be a bust! Maybe he can be like Dante Hall, a great ST player and a back-up position player? He has alot of work to do on the defensive side before we can call him a pro-bowler!!! :ph34r:

Maybe they need to use him solely for KO or punt returns........oh wait......THOMPSON would LOVVVVE that. :ph34r:

I completely disagree with you. I think Pacman has STAR written all over him. He plays offense, defense, and special teams. He is the only player in the league in the top 5 of both Kick Returns (3rd) and punt returns (4th). He has progressivley got better every single week. Like i said the contract dispute rubbed me the wrong way too. He lost so much valuable time to training camp. But he has used this year to get better and with a year under his belt and training camp next year.... LOOKOUT. He has had 2 TD's returned that were very questionable.

What EVERYONE forgets is Pacman is suppose to run his mouth. If you recall, I remember during draft day it was either Floyd, Jeff, or an analysist like Mel Kiper or someone saying he is exactly wut the Titans need.........a PERSONALITY. Teammates feed of Pac's enery. Keith Bullock is the only other player that shows any emotion. We no longer have Kearse, Rolle, Schulters, or George's energy to feed off. Pac brings personality and passion. Pacman's work ethic is often credited by many players and the head coach. I know Pac will be great becuase he always says he is striving to be the greatest and he will be. Most people are scared to be the greatest but no this kid.

He has gotten a few pass intereference calls early b/c he is aggressive and I like that and so does Fisher. Look for Pac to get more offensive reps with B. Jones and now Roydell Williams out for the year too. He was about to Pass to Bennett for a TD last game when the Colts completely sniffed it out and tackled him for a 13 yard loss. He is an option to pass, run, or catch.... and is a great decoy. Pac is the future of the Titans and this was a great pick.

I mean look at the guys selected in front of him

Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Cedrick Benson, Cadillac Williams, Pacman Jones, Troy Williamson, and Antrelle Rolle. Pac has done just as good if not better than any of those guys. Great pick Titans and look foward to Pac's future.