Region 5-1A in 2006!

bigtuck4242

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

I hear Cascade is big and improving this spring. I also heard that they scrimmage DCA this week sometime. Good luck to the Champs.

I also heard that Watertown played them pretty well. 3-1 (watertown) Eventhough alot of Cascades key players were still playing Baseball. I've also heard that Cascade will be losing some coaches after this spring. Who's leaving ? Best wishes to the Purple Tigers and the Champs.

:)

I also heard that Watertown played them pretty well. 3-1 (watertown) Eventhough alot of Cascades key players were still playing Baseball. I've also heard that Cascade will be losing some coaches after this spring. Who's leaving ? Best wishes to the Purple Tigers and the Champs.

Offensive co-ordinator Johnny Frost was named head coach at Community (Unionville) High School yesterday. We are not anticipating any other coaches leaving the Cascade staff at this time.

Watertown did play well against Cascade. Cascade was missing 10-12 players due to their participation in other Spring Sports, including 5 starters. However, that does not take away from the job Watertown did in the scrimmage. They came ready to play and really "got after" Cascade. They seem to be a much improved team over last year.

Cascade will conclude spring practice with a scrimmage on Thursday against DCA at Cascade High School. Last I heard, the scrimmage is scheduled to begin at 4:30 PM and will probably run 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Cascade will have some of thier missing players back (soccer players), but those playing baseball are not being asked to participate in spring paractice since their season did not end until Monday night (only leaves them 3 days).

Edited by brichard

Watertown must be really improved because Jo Byrns beat them 42-0 in a scrimmage in the fall last year, but u never know cuz two years ago we were 3-7 and last year we went 13-1 so year can make a world of difference. I will know how good they are in the fall when Jo Byrns scrimmages them, and they also have FRA in the fall for a scrimmage. I think the FRA scrimmage could have the intensity of a game, because of the fact that i think JBS has wanted to play a private school, to prove that there not good because they left, they are good because they improved. Cascade was an underachieving team last year, and hopefully they will improve there play, and catch a break or two. Heres my early prediction not including JBS.

1. Eagleville

2. Cascade

3. Forrest

4. White House-Heritage

5. Mcewen

6. Clarksville Academy

7. Nashville Christian

These could be very wrong, but i have heard from more then one person that CA is very improved, and i know NCS wasnt great last year, and still lost alot.

Watertown must be really improved because Jo Byrns beat them 42-0 in a scrimmage in the fall last year, but u never know cuz two years ago we were 3-7 and last year we went 13-1 so year can make a world of difference. I will know how good they are in the fall when Jo Byrns scrimmages them, and they also have FRA in the fall for a scrimmage. I think the FRA scrimmage could have the intensity of a game, because of the fact that i think JBS has wanted to play a private school, to prove that there not good because they left, they are good because they improved. Cascade was an underachieving team last year, and hopefully they will improve there play, and catch a break or two. Heres my early prediction not including JBS.

1. Eagleville

2. Cascade

3. Forrest

4. White House-Heritage

5. Mcewen

6. Clarksville Academy

7. Nashville Christian

These could be very wrong, but i have heard from more then one person that CA is very improved, and i know NCS wasnt great last year, and still lost alot.

i think that CA should be a little higher on the totem, who knows what they can do with their new found talent.

Heritrage scrimmaged last Friday against Houston County. They beat them 5 touchdowns to 1. Heritage is returning a very good offensive line. Most importantly though they have improved in their "skilled" positions. I see them making a run for the playoffs this year. One thing I noticed last year though when I was playing is that most of the teams were all very young with many sophmores playing big positions. I think it will be a very competitive region even closer than last year. I think some teams will have at least improved enough to decrease Jo Byrns margin of victory.

1. Jo Byrns ( Im not going to dethrown the champs quite yet, even though they lost Head, their backup QB had plenty of experience last season with them blowing everyone out. Defense will be awesome once again, Tuck & Moody....nuff said there)

2. Eagleville (Has some GREAT altheltes and I think will have a defense comparible to Jo Byrns)

3. Forrest (returning a great running back from last year)

4. WH Heritage ( Returning & improved at every player they had at the skill postions last year)

5. Cascade ( Were young last year and had a good line)

6. McEwen (losing Hendricks is huge but they play hard every night will have a good Defense)

7. Nash. Christian (Had some atheletes last year)

8. CA (if what I have heard is true they could make a run out of the bottom)

Heritrage scrimmaged last Friday against Houston County. They beat them 5 touchdowns to 1. Heritage is returning a very good offensive line. Most importantly though they have improved in their "skilled" positions. I see them making a run for the playoffs this year. One thing I noticed last year though when I was playing is that most of the teams were all very young with many sophmores playing big positions. I think it will be a very competitive region even closer than last year. I think some teams will have at least improved enough to decrease Jo Byrns margin of victory.

1. Jo Byrns ( Im not going to dethrown the champs quite yet, even though they lost Head, their backup QB had plenty of experience last season with them blowing everyone out. Defense will be awesome once again, Tuck & Moody....nuff said there)

2. Eagleville (Has some GREAT altheltes and I think will have a defense comparible to Jo Byrns)

4. WH Heritage ( Returning & improved at every player they had at the skill postions last year)

6. McEwen (losing Hendricks is huge but they play hard every night will have a good Defense)

very good, very good. i agree with everything you said on this post you even noted that CA can make a run out of the bottom. i am impressed. i think that this region has developed into the most competitive and talented region in the state. this year i beleive that region 5 might even be able to sweep region 6 in the playoffs and go to the state championship. something that everyone needs to realize is that all of these teams have improved dramatically except maybe for Jo Bryns, who are certainly just as good as last year, and it is nearly impossible to presume who will be in which spots for the playoff births. i believe this will be a year of inches where each team will win by only a small margin each game. like i said very competitive this year and maybe even two or three teams that could be just as good as last years Jo Bryns team. good luck region 5

No offense to Heritage, I wish you well, but beating Houston County isn't a big deal. They aren't very good.

Cascades line wasnt that great last year, The QB couldnt do anything for running for his life. The only way the running back got anything was to take it outside. But you was correct about one thing they were young and they should be much improved, Coach Parker is a good coach.

1. Jo Byrns

2. Eagleville

3. Cascade

4. Forrest

5. White House H

6. McEwen

7. Nash. Ch.

8. CA

Thats my opinion, but im pulling for Cacade. :thumb:

very good, very good. i agree with everything you said on this post you even noted that CA can make a run out of the bottom. i am impressed. i think that this region has developed into the most competitive and talented region in the state. this year i beleive that region 5 might even be able to sweep region 6 in the playoffs and go to the state championship. something that everyone needs to realize is that all of these teams have improved dramatically except maybe for Jo Bryns, who are certainly just as good as last year, and it is nearly impossible to presume who will be in which spots for the playoff births. i believe this will be a year of inches where each team will win by only a small margin each game. like i said very competitive this year and maybe even two or three teams that could be just as good as last years Jo Bryns team. good luck region 5

I like what u say, i think this region is becoming very strong, and although three of this regions teams lost in the first round last year, i think it could switch this year. Most of the region 6 teams were senior dominated, and most of the region 5 teams were not(including Jo Byrns who are returning 14 starters). I this region has a great chance to turn out two teams to make it to the 3rd round. Mt. Pleasant will still be tough w/ Marco Daily, but i think this region could still pull it out. Good luck to all teams, and to allregionpatriot#3: thanks for the compliment of JBS's defense i take great pride in our defense and i hope it will be as dominant as i think it will be. I appreciate the comments and like i said i think Heritage will be very improved and will definately have a shot at making the playoffs.

No offense to Heritage, I wish you well, but beating Houston County isn't a big deal. They aren't very good.

No offense taken I was just saying how they did against them I know Houston Co. isnt that great. Just letting people know some info on how they are doing.

And I agree that region 5 will do much better in the playoffs i think Eagleville and Jo Byrns will make it to the 3rd round.will definately come down to inches for a playoff spot. Who ever can win the turnover battle will make a spot. Heritage was just one game out last year and I get sick just thinking of how we fumbled once at the 30 and twice at the 20 against Cascade, you can't make mistakes like that. tuck I know you take pride in your D and thats exactly why it will be good again, you have to take pride in your defense. Defense wins championschips good luck to all im sure I will be able to watch Heritage play against a few of you. Hey Tuck any seniors from last year playing ball ne where? When I talked to Head at the all region banquet he said he prolly wasnt going to play in college what about ne one else though? As a matter of fact is there ne one from any in region 5 playing college ball?