Science Hill vs. South

VolmanScott

Can someone fill me in on this game a little? Didn't get a chance to see it, but it sounds like South's big boys were a little bit too much for Science Hill to handle. Hauldren and Willey had big games from what i've read. South will need to play all their conference games like this if they want to win the conference. I know they hadn't been playing well in recent games so this could be a good sign.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone fill me in on this game a little? Didn't get a chance to see it, but it sounds like South's big boys were a little bit too much for Science Hill to handle. Hauldren and Willey had big games from what i've read. South will need to play all their conference games like this if they want to win the conference. I know they hadn't been playing well in recent games so this could be a good sign.

i didn't see the game either, but aparently Wattad did all he could do to keep his twam in it, but in the end you were right, the size prevailed...If i heard correctly, Hauldren scored his 1000th point last night, congrats to him...this game shows the level competition of the conference

the only two undefeateds in the conference are DB and THS, who play on monday for sole possession of first in the big 9....that will be a good one to watch

I was there and saw the game. It was a hard fought game. I thought the game was called very fairly and both teams were allowed to play. I also thought both coaches did a great job. This was a classic nip and tuck Big 9 battle with the lead changing hands throughout the game. Science Hill has Forney and Wattad and they carry the load. I think most of the load is on Wattad's shoulders. Wattad is a player. South's defensive pressure gave him trouble-he only scored 18, but this guy is capable of dropping 30 a night. Wattad is quick, quick, quick. He is probably the best all around player in the conference. He played inside, out on the wing and even played point. He also plays great defense and can pick your pocket very quickly. He may be the best defensive player in the conference. Louderback is in the post but he was dominated by South's post players, Hauldren and Asheworth. Science Hill has a kid with the last name of Odom who is a good shooter, but I think he is only a freshman and he is as skinny as a rail. He needs to fill out a bit. Science Hill played as they always do, straight-up pressure man to man. They pressed the whole game but South broke the press many times for easy buckets. Science Hill made mass substitutions as they always do, but I am afraid South was able to do the same. South has a very deep bench. South played straight up man to man with a little zone mixed in on occasion. South's team came together last night. They looked like a totally different ball team last night. Hauldren had 24, Willey had 22, Asheworth had 11, Leeson had 9. It was a close game until Wattad fouled out with about 3:00 minutes left. Science Hill looked lost after Wattad fouled out. He is their leader. It looks like there are 4 teams capable of winning the conference, THS, DB, South and Science Hill. Volunteer and Central are going to break some peoples hearts. Both teams have shooters who can fire it up at will. Whoever wins Monday night at Viking Hall will be in the drivers seat. The teams in this conference are so even it is scary. There is no dominant team. This next week should be interesting. I believe THS has DB and Science Hill-South has Central and Volunteer.

i didn't see the game either, but aparently Wattad did all he could do to keep his twam in it, but in the end you were right, the size prevailed...If i heard correctly, Hauldren scored his 1000th point last night, congrats to him...this game shows the level competition of the conference

the only two undefeateds in the conference are DB and THS, who play on monday for sole possession of first in the big 9....that will be a good one to watch

Monday night should be a good matchup. I'd have to give the Vikings the edge though. Good luck to both teams. We look forward to our games with D-B and a rematch with your Vikes.

i agree it was a good game but the refs were awful....every time South threw the ball into the post there would be a foul called on Science Hill...and for the 2nd straight big conference game the refs were all over Wattad....they called 3 cheap fouls in a row on him and they didnt called any on Souths big man...Cutlip just needs to keep at least Wattad or Forney on the floor and not take out both of them...at one point in the 2nd half our point guard Landon Turner was playing post.....no wonder whats his face had a big game....if Cutlip would keep our starters in longer so they can get a rhyme....we could possible be undefeated....thats all i have to say

Edited by bigz-tay24

i agree it was a good game but the refs were awful....every time South threw the ball into the post there would be a foul called on Science Hill...and for the 2nd straight big conference game the refs were all over Wattad....they called 3 cheap fouls in a row on him and they didnt called any on Souths big man...Cutlip just needs to keep at least Wattad or Forney on the floor and not take out both of them...at one point in the 2nd half our point guard Landon Turner was playing post.....no wonder whats his face had a big game....if Cutlip would keep our starters in longer so they can get a rhyme....we could possible be undefeated....thats all i have to say

I thought 3 of the calls against Wattad were correct. The 3rd and 4th fouls called were questionable. He's so quick he's going to get some bad calls made against him. I think a mistake was made late in the game when they put Wattad out front. I would have posted him up a little more. Wattad had many different defenders guarding him throughout the game. That may have kept him off balance a bit. It was a very good game. I wish all the games that I have seen were as good as that one last night.

You have witnessed the Moreland Drive magic....also known as home cooking. I was at the DB/South football game...2 late personal fouls on DB late that gave South the ball deep in DB territory (one was on the south qb for a late hit out of bounds and he wasn't close, one for piling on after a punt :thumb: ). I was at the DB/South bball game last year and the refs called a foul with in a tie game with no time on the clock on Ashworth who was flinging up a prayer from 60 feet away from his basket. Whining? call it what you will but they are facts. Be prepared to play the refs as well when you travel to col. hgts. :huh:

Edited by maroonandgray

What is Hauldron...A senior??? Omar scored he 1000th point at a tournament before his junior year. Omar has this year and his senior year to possibly get 2000 points. Haudron is no match for Omar. I blame the lose to South on Science Hill's coach. He let the guards jack up threes and shoot shots when the shooter had two guys on top of him. Coach should have told the guards to work it inside. South's post's would be no match for Science Hill's posts. Wes Lauderback, Nick Crowder, and Dionte Grey would destroy South's two post players if coach would only tell the guards to work the ball down to the post and get quick fouls on South's two only hopes. There is no way that South will even stand a chance against Science Hill when the play SHHS at home. South is going to get destroyed.

What is Hauldron...A senior??? Omar scored he 1000th point at a tournament before his junior year. Omar has this year and his senior year to possibly get 2000 points. Haudron is no match for Omar. I blame the lose to South on Science Hill's coach. He let the guards jack up threes and shoot shots when the shooter had two guys on top of him. Coach should have told the guards to work it inside. South's post's would be no match for Science Hill's posts. Wes Lauderback, Nick Crowder, and Dionte Grey would destroy South's two post players if coach would only tell the guards to work the ball down to the post and get quick fouls on South's two only hopes. There is no way that South will even stand a chance against Science Hill when the play SHHS at home. South is going to get destroyed.

S.Hill should beat south at home but nick crowder and wes lauderback cant carry bo hauldrons jock strap..... Bo is 10 times better than both of them there is not even any debate on that... if Bo was on science hills team they would be a lot tougher to beat, right now they are getting nothing i mean nothing from the post. crowder and lauderback had 2 points last night vs. t.h..... bottom line is, no comparison.....

S.Hill should beat south at home but nick crowder and wes lauderback cant carry bo hauldrons jock strap..... Bo is 10 times better than both of them there is not even any debate on that... if Bo was on science hills team they would be a lot tougher to beat, right now they are getting nothing i mean nothing from the post. crowder and lauderback had 2 points last night vs. t.h..... bottom line is, no comparison.....

Wes Lauderback, Nick Crowder, and Dionte Grey are role players for the Hill vs Bo Hauldron being the go too guy for South. Science Hill + Bo in the middle = a nightmare for opponents! We agree once again bball. This is getting scary! :D

Lauderback had ten points against South. He was the Player of the game. You are right though, Science Hill is getting nothing from their post players because the post players get the ball twice a game. When SHHS played THS, the guards got the ball down to the post players maybe twice in the entire game. When Lauderback was in, he got the ball twice, a rebound from a shot and he caught the airball that Omar shot. Our posts have to work their hardest to rebound because that is the only way to get the ball down low. When SHHS played South, Lauderback did not even guard Hauldron. He guarded Levi Ashworth the entire time he was in. How many points did Levi have??.... 11...barely making it to the double digits. How many times did he get the ball down low from his guards? About ten times as many as SHHS's guards worked it down low the their post players.

Lauderback had ten points against South. He was the Player of the game. You are right though, Science Hill is getting nothing from their post players because the post players get the ball twice a game. When SHHS played THS, the guards got the ball down to the post players maybe twice in the entire game. When Lauderback was in, he got the ball twice, a rebound from a shot and he caught the airball that Omar shot. Our posts have to work their hardest to rebound because that is the only way to get the ball down low. When SHHS played South, Lauderback did not even guard Hauldron. He guarded Levi Ashworth the entire time he was in. How many points did Levi have??.... 11...barely making it to the double digits. How many times did he get the ball down low from his guards? About ten times as many as SHHS's guards worked it down low the their post players.

think what you want but those two post players are not very good.good post players find a way to help the team somehow. i dont think ashworth from south is very good either. bo hauldron is very good post player and is even smaller than them... both post players at S.H. can only score on put backs they have no post moves, and they dont rebound good, so that is why they are not helping the team....