4A TSWA ALL-STATE

STARSNBARS

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the TSWA could leave Ryan Tallent off the 4A team is a joke.

Is that what was in the News-Sentinel this morning? Which All State team that was wasn't identified.

I agree with you about Tallent. He is an all state player.

By the way, Tallent is going to play in Max Emfinger's All American game on Jan. 5 in Shreveport, LA. He's going down with Powell's Lee Smith and Cody Watts, who have also been invited to play.

It will be interesting to see if the AP comes out with one and see if Tallent makes that one. I guess there are always going to be worthy players left off. I think Ryan finished with around 1400 yards, and Baker finished with around 1200 i believe. I would like to see how and if the yards per carry were factored in. Tallent probably averaged 12-15 carries per ball game and likely averaged in the 7 to 8 yards per carry range. I would say some of these guys that made it averaged 20 to 25 carries per game. Not saying they are not deserving just offering what I feel is a valid point. Hate to see him left off, but again good ones are bound to be I guess. I wouldn't trade him for any of the other ones though.

good for ryan, i hope he has fun down there. but i still think he should have been on the list. and why was gary tucker for OL,hes the best D lineman in tn in my opinion.

I agree. He played both ways but i feel DT was definitely his strong suit. Congratz to you guys from Mo West who made it. You guys deserve the recognition and you had a great year.

Everyone on here is correct it is pretty bad that Tallent is not on there. I honestly think Ryan brought more to the table than any other back in our state for any team. He was unselfish to share the carries with TANK but still got 1500+ yards...Most of these "All-State" polls are about as rediculous as the BCS in college football. But that is just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hightower over Tallent ha ha ha ha!!!!

The is the biggest load I have ever seen.

I guess with all those rushing yards agiants second and third teamers, they just had to put him on there.

Tallent is one of the best running backs I have ever seen or have ever got the pleasure to meet.

Edited by rebelman16