Pigeon Forge

Garrfield

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PF just got rid of the best coach they could have. It is not a good position for anybody who cares about the players more than the "influential" parents. The coach played boys based on their ability, not on who their daddy is and it cost him. you mite have a handful of players who'll be happy--cause daddy fixed things and they mite play more, but from what I hear, a bunch are mad and will leave if they want to play football again. Not a bunch of athletes and coach Ryan was a daddy to a bunch of em. Let's face it, I love Sevier County but we dont have athletes like Blount. I say good luck to coach Ryan. he had more support than most realize, we just aint got the bucks. if I was a coach, I'd stay away.

• 2 weeks later...

Hired some coach from a Memphis private school. Announced Monday. Looks like he's been at 3 or 4 schools in the past few years and he's only 38 years old. Im sure qualified people stayed away. Some of the boys have already left. If you want to be an athlete in sevier co., stay away from PF. AD is a baseball guy--dont want anyone there thatll make a good football team. Heaven help PF.

Hired some coach from a Memphis private school. Announced Monday. Looks like he's been at 3 or 4 schools in the past few years and he's only 38 years old. Im sure qualified people stayed away. Some of the boys have already left. If you want to be an athlete in sevier co., stay away from PF. AD is a baseball guy--dont want anyone there thatll make a good football team. Heaven help PF.

I read both your comments. You sure do seem to be negative toward the Pigeon Forge football program! Are you a PF coach or former PF coach? How do you know so much about what is going on, or are you just basing your comments off of someone's opinion or your own opinion?

If we are going on opinions. I have heard good things are going on since the former head coach and another volunteer coach have left the program! I heard that those two were the big problem. Bad attitudes from those two toward a lot of the football players and basically those two former "so-called" coaches did not know what they were doing!!

It sounds like to me that things are looking up for Pigeon Forge Football!!

Edited by but a vapor

I read both your comments. You sure do seem to be negative toward the Pigeon Forge football program! Are you a PF coach or former PF coach? How do you know so much about what is going on, or are you just basing your comments off of someone's opinion or your own opinion?

If we are going on opinions. I have heard good things are going on since the former head coach and another volunteer coach have left the program! I heard that those two were the big problem. Bad attitudes from those two toward a lot of the football players and basically those two former "so-called" coaches did not know what they were doing!!

It sounds like to me that things are looking up for Pigeon Forge Football!!

You've got your facts messed up Jack! If you want to know who was really talking and thinking bad things about the players you might want to look at some other people. I have nothing but good wishes for the players and the program at Pigeon Forge. I hope that they do well and I will always have a little orange and black in my blood. I still have a cousin on the staff and left several good friends that I've made at the school over the years. If you think I'm a so called coach why don't you go ask some of the boys if they would like to have me back, better yet why don't you go ask Coach Smith the defensive coordinator if he would like to have me back. I have nothing but good wishes for the football program and I left on my own to persue another job, so don't get on here and talk about things you don't know anything about. As far as the team is concerned I hope the boys go on and have a good year.

Johnny Yoakum

You've got your facts messed up Jack! If you want to know who was really talking and thinking bad things about the players you might want to look at some other people. I have nothing but good wishes for the players and the program at Pigeon Forge. I hope that they do well and I will always have a little orange and black in my blood. I still have a cousin on the staff and left several good friends that I've made at the school over the years. If you think I'm a so called coach why don't you go ask some of the boys if they would like to have me back, better yet why don't you go ask Coach Smith the defensive coordinator if he would like to have me back. I have nothing but good wishes for the football program and I left on my own to persue another job, so don't get on here and talk about things you don't know anything about. As far as the team is concerned I hope the boys go on and have a good year.

Johnny Yoakum

I was just stating stuff that I have heard about Pigeon Forge football like SCBALLFAN was doing. Do you agree with everything that he was saying? Is he stating FACTS or are his comments simply stuff that he has heard.

He was talking much more negative about the program and the school than I was. Are all of his comments correct? If you wish the football program and the boys well then how can you not comment toward his negative remarks?

Do you believe that all the problems at PF are with the school AD and parents? Are the football coaches all perfect and did not make any mistakes? He blames everybody but the coaches, so are his comments facts or rumors? I would guess without knowing that there were problems with both sides. PFHS is young and will do better. I wish them all well along with you!

I don't know you, but I assume that you were involved in the program. I guess maybe some of what I heard was not true, but you did state that some people were talking bad and thinking bad about the PF football players. I guess that was one or some of the coaches. That is bad. No coach should be around young men (15-18 year olds) unless they can be what they expect from their players!

Why would a coach expect a player to execute in practice and a game if the coach is cussing or putting the player down all the time. Try building them up and get their respect, then they will practice and play a lot better!

Hope you do well with your new job.

look here guys everyone thinks they have the answer. no mater what the program, or the level of play somebodys got the answer. till you have laced up the coaches shoes walked out on the field and blew that whistle you dont have a clue. if you are a coach like me and my staff comments stay in two places my office, and the locker room. i dont cuss my men but i affectively let them know what i expect and when i am not happy. those people that show up at practices and game night dont know jack 90% of the time. they dont have a clue whats going on in the classroom, lockeroom, and the field. they make comments based on biased opinions. or what they saw on the NFL network makeing them experts on the game. PF in my opinion has done a great job. there a young program. if i am correct them are only going into there 6th or 7th year. what do the people there want when your competing with GP, SEYMORE, SEVER CO, and possibly even KING's ACADAMY for the same players. as for the asst. coach that left. he came to work in my program. i tried to steal him away last year. i guess my point is this be open minded not everything you hear is truth.