Top 10 in 1A

culleokarep

But that is the fun; waxing poetic about your own team. Then hoping they don't get waxed by the other guys own team. ;)

I have tried to be realistic in my poll.I saw Culleoka play Jackson CO. and got beat

pretty good so I MAY NOT BE DOING THEM JUSTICE by leaving them out of my top

10. Based on what I've seen(5 of my top 10)and the competion they played MY TOP 10 TODAY IS:

1 UNION CITY

2 COSBY

3 TEMPLE

4 LAKE CO.

5 GRACE BAB.

6 HUMBOLT

7 FRIENDSHIP

8 MCKENSIE

9 WAYNE CO.

10 MIDDLETON

CLAY CO., UNANKA & ROCKWOOD COULD BE CLOSE AND MAY ADVANCE

BECAUSE OF LOCATION. SOME GOOD WEST TN. TEAMS WILL STAY HOME

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone ranking Middleton low? I know they have lost more than 4 games, but if they play like they did at State last year, then they should be ranked higher. Aren't their losses coming from higher class schools(AA, AAA)? I could be wrong. Maybe they aren't playing as well as they did last March.

Edited by PBG030

I have tried to be realistic in my poll.I saw Culleoka play Jackson CO. and got beat

10. Based on what I've seen(5 of my top 10)and the competion they played MY TOP 10 TODAY IS:

1 UNION CITY

2 COSBY

3 TEMPLE

4 LAKE CO.

5 GRACE BAB.

6 HUMBOLT

7 FRIENDSHIP

8 MCKENSIE

9 WAYNE CO.

10 MIDDLETON

not gonna bash you because you have only seen them play once...but culleoka is a top 5 team :thumb:

1 UNION CITY

2 COSBY

3 TEMPLE

4 LAKE CO.

5 GRACE BAB.

6 HUMBOLT

7 FRIENDSHIP

8 MCKENSIE

9 WAYNE CO.

10 MIDDLETON

How about switching Grace and Temple, especially since Grace has beaten Temple twice...

1 UNION CITY

2 COSBY

3 TEMPLE

4 LAKE CO.

5 GRACE BAB.

6 HUMBOLT

7 FRIENDSHIP

8 MCKENSIE

9 WAYNE CO.

10 MIDDLETON

This poll is still pretty off...and if your gonna rank a culleoka team in the top 5 to a decent but still mediocre jackson county team,thats just dumb..you didnt say it but a guy a few posts later did..First off you cant put temple in fron of grace when grace has already beaten them twice..second off,you said clay might advance because of location and who they would play in substate..well bud,its lookin like it will be clay and friendship in the region finals..which leaves the two of them going up against either grace or temple..however it plays out..dont see how you get easily advancing out of that..?I dont know alot of the west teams well...and I dont keep up with teams like I did in high school,but you check out clay countys record the past 3 years and you look at their play in the tournaments and you then tell me they wont be one to fear...im not saying they are the best team,and Im not saying theyll win state,even though I would like to see it,but you could almost put your money on the fact it will prolly come out of those 4...but I dont mean to insult you or your intelligence ,just stating the facts and the obvious.

This poll is still pretty off...and if your gonna rank a culleoka team in the top 5 to a decent but still mediocre jackson county team,thats just dumb..you didnt say it but a guy a few posts later did..First off you cant put temple in fron of grace when grace has already beaten them twice..second off,you said clay might advance because of location and who they would play in substate..well bud,its lookin like it will be clay and friendship in the region finals..which leaves the two of them going up against either grace or temple..however it plays out..dont see how you get easily advancing out of that..?I dont know alot of the west teams well...and I dont keep up with teams like I did in high school,but you check out clay countys record the past 3 years and you look at their play in the tournaments and you then tell me they wont be one to fear...im not saying they are the best team,and Im not saying theyll win state,even though I would like to see it,but you could almost put your money on the fact it will prolly come out of those 4...but I dont mean to insult you or your intelligence ,just stating the facts and the obvious.

culleoka is a top 5 team...just watch and see

My most recent impression is Lake Co. #1 team in the state. 17 wins in a row. Just beat a very good Humboldt team by 20. Only loss in the state is an early loss to a very good Union City team. Others losses are all at a very difficult out of state tourney.

I appreciate a couple of post back actually mentioning Friendship. We a

have 16 straight wins and an overall 22-3 record [ 2 of those losses to 2a & 3a]. It's kinda of funny though nobody thinks anyone can win a stste except people further east than us. Hopefully we can change that this year. You said Clay County was a team to be considered yet we bet them 2 times once by 23 at their place so ... we will see in the next few weeks. :thumb:

1 UNION CITY

2 COSBY

3 TEMPLE

4 LAKE CO.

5 GRACE BAB.

6 HUMBOLT

7 FRIENDSHIP

8 MCKENSIE

9 WAYNE CO.

10 MIDDLETON

I dont understand how you could say unaka is close when we have beaten them and are ranked higher. No disrepect or anything just find it hard how you think that

I dont understand how you could say unaka is close when we have beaten them and are ranked higher. No disrepect or anything just find it hard how you think that

Becuase he knows Unaka always comes to play come tournament time. Also Unaka has played state tournament caliber teams, like Temple, Cosby, Pickett County, and Clay County. UH, on the other hand, may have tied for 1st in the conferance, and does sport a 21-6 record; but, don't you think half the teams in 1A would have at least a 21-6 record if they played the weakest schedual in the state? And thats not personal opinion. Thats cold hard facts. Just look at the rankings. If UH played a schedual like Unaka's, you all would MAYBE have 11 wins. And no disrespect or anything I just find it hard how you think that.

Edited by Rangerbook06