RAW's Chattanooga Area Christmas Top 10

redandwhiteforever

Grace has wins over a few mediocre teams: Westmoreland, Gordonsville, Central, Arts and Sciences and East Ridge (who is probably one of the better teams they've beaten).

Wesmoreland is 7-3. East Ridge is above mediocre (they did give howard there only loss) as is Central. Central is pretty good this year. They beat a good Walker Valley team.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you said you heard Temple was down from some of your sources in chatt? ... um does that mean you really dont know , but trying to state your own opinion that 1. grace is better and will have their way with Temple 2. Temple is down this year and 3. Mcminn Central (God's gift to bball) and Bradley Central would slaughter us, based on somebody elses opinion? umm maybe you should see them play before you say Temple is lucky to be on top 10 in chatt. area.

Im taking what I know and formulating an oppinion by what I know, and so far, my oppinion seems to be pretty accurate...McMinn Central and Bradley Central WOULD slaughter yall, dont even try to disprove that haha actually do try to disprove it just for my own amusement...tell ya what, Ill go watch Temple when they play Grace if thatll make ya happy...

I just want to get one thing straight. How many teams in your top ten have you SEEN play?

All but Temple...

what does it matter? He has SOURCES in chatt. that tell him/her everything. They all real tight buddies! :thumb:

My sources are good friends I have from Chatt. State...they went to Temple...leave it at that...

You obviously haven't analyzed both teams schedules, have you?

Temple and Grace play many of the same teams.

Game results so far:

Creative Arts -- Grace beat by 39, Temple beat by 42

Silverdale -- Grace won by a margin of 37 (64-27), Temple won by 27 (81-54)(that's by scoring 17 points more than Grace did against them).

21st Century -- Grace got the win 77-49, Temple beat them 81-55.

Grace has wins over a few mediocre teams: Westmoreland, Gordonsville, Central, Arts and Sciences and East Ridge (who is probably one of the better teams they've beaten).

Temple, on the other hand, had a pretty good win against a good McCallie team.

I realize that some of the other teams they beat are not in the "Upper Echelons" as some of the teams that Grace played :thumb: but they are some decent teams:

Tellico Plains, Unaka, Rockwood, Harriman and everybody's favorite -- Copper Basin.

The real test will be next week when Grace and Temple are both in the Chattanooga Challenge at Tenn. Temple University (January 5-7).

We will, no doubt, know more about how good both of these teams really are after the next couple of weeks. Should be interesting.

Actually sir, I have analyzed the schedules...you are obviously one of those people that goes by scores so let me give you a few quick facts to shoot what you just said down...Grace's Schedule Strength Ranking is 21st...their Strength+Success Ranking is 1st...Temple's Schedule Strength Ranking is 53rd...their Strength+Success Ranking is 3rd, but that is to be expected when you play that weak of a schedule...Grace plays a far more tougher schedule...And Tellico Plains is not decent, they are horrible...as is Copper Basin, Harriman, & Rockwood...while East Ridge is the best team Grace has beaten, probably, who has Temple beaten that is close to that??? Don't say McCallie because they are mediocre at best...

Wesmoreland is 7-3. East Ridge is above mediocre (they did give howard there only loss) as is Central. Central is pretty good this year. They beat a good Walker Valley team.

Westmoreland may be 7-3 but they are not that good.

I was looking at their schedule and they only beat Red Boiling Springs by 8 (50-42). RBS is horrible! And -- they only beat Trousdale by 9. Another bad team.

I've seen East Ridge a couple of times and was not at all impressed. They have some decent players but they are not a very disciplined team. If they would run some good plays and work together they might be better, but at this point I would say that yes they are a mediocre team. Yes, they did beat Howard but we all know that they are not all that great of a team. And as for Central -- they're ok.

I still say that the best teams in Chattanooga are Red Bank, Temple, Grace and McCallie.

BluNWhiteH8Tribe you just went off on Temple and you havent even seen them play. It seems to me that if you havent seen Temple play, dont rank them. Or if you do rank them let everybody know you havent seen them play. From now on i think that if you rank the top ten, you should also list the teams that you have or haven't seen play.

Temple went 34-2 last year. How many teams do you know of that would be able to repeat that type of year? People are saying that this will be a rebuilding year for Temple. That is fine, its hard to improve on a 34-2 record. What most people dont understand is that when Temple rebuilds, its goes to sub-state. I think its fair to say that if this team doesnt go to state, it will be a huge disapointment. That is Temples blessing and curse.

Temple, on the other hand, had a pretty good win against a good McCallie team.

I realize that some of the other teams they beat are not in the "Upper Echelons" as some of the teams that Grace played :thumb: but they are some decent teams:

Tellico Plains, Unaka, Rockwood, Harriman and everybody's favorite -- Copper Basin.

Are you kidding me?

Edited by Grace Golden Eagles

Ill go watch Temple when they play Grace if thatll make ya happy...

please do that buddy! ill give ya a dollar. But win or lose you will see that Grace will not have their way with us.

But they will beat you all the same...thats all Im concerned with...I won't break down and cry if they dont have their way with yall...cuz I kno theyll beat you...and thats what counts...and I want me dollar...

But they will beat you all the same...thats all Im concerned with...I won't break down and cry if they dont have their way with yall...cuz I kno theyll beat you...and thats what counts...and I want me dollar...

Being from McMinn you sure do have it out for Temple and appear to have a love affair for Grace, don't you? Do you have some kind of connection or invested interest in Grace? And what makes you so sure that Grace will defeat Temple -- seeing you haven't even seen Temple play this year?

Being from McMinn you sure do have it out for Temple and appear to have a love affair for Grace, don't you? Do you have some kind of connection or invested interest in Grace? And what makes you so sure that Grace will defeat Temple -- seeing you haven't even seen Temple play this year?

No, I have no connections to Grace other then a friend...I have more connections to Temple then I do Grace, however, I do believe everything I have said to be accurately stated...from what my Temple & Grace friends tell, this coming from the Temple boys, Grace will slaughter Temple...I took that directly from the source...

No, I have no connections to Grace other then a friend...I have more connections to Temple then I do Grace, however, I do believe everything I have said to be accurately stated...from what my Temple & Grace friends tell, this coming from the Temple boys, Grace will slaughter Temple...I took that directly from the source...

Yeah, well Grace may slaughter us, beat us barely, or lose, but every year they say they are gonna beat us. I was told by friends from Grace that there were people who thought they were gonna beat us in football this year. Grace is always going to talk smack. Their goal is to beat temple.. YES THERE ARE MANY AT TEMPLE WHO ACT THAT SAME WAY! Personally, I want to beat Grace and I love the games, but Grace is just another team. They are better than most teams out there (this year) and the games are always closer against temple...BUT they are just another team. I think Grace takes it more seriously than Temple does. I mean the motivation to beat Grace comes from the fact that IF they do win, Grace will rub it in temple's face for ever.

The only reason why temple/grace games are so intense is because over the years there have been many people who are affiliated with grace and temple..."this person went to this school and now works for that school."....

And these two teams are both small Christian private schools who have done very well against the bigger public schools.

I remember when Boyd, CCS, McCallie, Notre Dame were all big rival games...

I know two of those teams moved up, but why aren't these rival games anymore. All we dwell on is Grace and Temple...blah blah blah blah blah!

Edited by PBG030