Best Wrestler in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Ooh, witty. I like it.

Back on topic - Felix from Franklin is an absolute blast to watch. His first match at the G.P. West tournament, he absolutely abused some poor kid out there on the mat, and although I felt kind of bad afterwards, I found myself booing at the ref after he awarded the kid a penalty point after Felix threw him like a rag doll. It looked legal to me, he seemed to support him back to the mat, I just think the ref was shocked by the ease of the lift. Have you seen his bear hug? Knees buckle, man, knees buckle, even against quality competition like the kid from McCallie that he wrestled in the finals a week ago at Ryan and this weekend at GP West.

Anyway, the point being, Felix has to be in the top five wrestlers in the state. I haven't seen Manson, but I have seen Bundy, and Felix is right there with him as far as dominating his class. Plus, give me a good middleweight technician with skill and power over a lightweight anyday. Just more fun to watch, in my opinion anyway (former middleweight, a little partial).

Side question, would anyone vote for my motion to make 215 and heavyweight like sumo wrestling? Granted, I've seen a few good heavyweight matches, but I don't think anyone will strongly disagree that they are few and far between.

Felix along with Manson and Bundy are top wrestlers in the state. I have seen Felix wrestle. I would have to agree with you. Felix brings it to the mat.

Manson and Felix. Bundy's a joke

Have you watched Bundy this season? Okay, so he took last year off, but this season? You'll need to see him again. Oh, did you forget that he beat the "soon to become" MOW, Danny Coleman and a few other heavy hitters in route to his sophomore state championship? It's clear that no other coaches or other wrestlers have found him to be a joke thus far this season.

Edited by Sommers

Looking at a few scores, McCrosky wrestled a close match at Ryan to Joe Young, 6-4 I think. Manson beat Young in the state finals 7-4 last year. Bundy nearly Teched Young 12-0 at the Ryan Finals and has yet to be taken down and given up only one reversal from what I understand. I can't wait untill Senior Nationals, Manson may drop to 130 and we might get to see the match.

Manson has beaten Bundy everytime that they have wrestled, but they haven't gone at it in a year.

coffey may not have much technique but he hasnt murdered everyone i have seen him wrestle so he should be on the list, the topic is who is the best wrestler in the state not who has the best technique

i think technique is one of the most important things in wrestling and you can't be the best wrestler in the state with out it.

coffey may not have much technique but he hasnt murdered everyone i have seen him wrestle so he should be on the list, the topic is who is the best wrestler in the state not who has the best technique

Only one wrestler has lasted past the 1st round with Nick Reviez @ 215. It would have been great to see Coffy and Reviez but the timing wasn't right. Looks like they want meet.

Have you watched Bundy this season? Okay, so he took last year off, but this season? You'll need to see him again. Oh, did you forget that he beat the "soon to become" MOW, Danny Coleman and a few other heavy hitters in route to his sophomore state championship? It's clear that no other coaches or other wrestlers have found him to be a joke thus far this season.

Coleman as OW was a joke he did not beat any tough kids on the way to the finals and in the finals he beat a freshman 6-4, who is tough but come on there were more dominate kids at the state tournament last year. As for Bundy yes he is tough but not in the same class as Manson or Felix.

Edited by bgrgp