Best Wrestler in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

You mean Daniel Crosby? 2 time state champ at heavyweight and never got rode for more than 26seconds his senior season.

even if he wasn't ridden for more than 26 seconds, if there was ever a match more equal it was crosby and pennington. i knew who both guys were but the names of the wrestlers was not what i was stressing, i was stressing the big strong and TECHNICAL wrestlers that they were. if i remember correctly there were a few questionable calls in that match that could have kept it out of overtime with pennington coming out as the winner. but like i said its in the past and not important anymore. but on the subject of pennington, i've never seen a heavyweight who had to make sure not to be over his weight class (especially since it was the heaviest weight class) move that fast.

Hey, quick question, Are you and Wrestler the same person? Maybe you all are in the same grammar class. Coffey may not be the epitome of the true wrestler, but he is a wrestler. He is still learning and improving. It seems when certain wrestlers have more strength than others, they are labelled an athlete. True, Coffey lacks some tech skills, but give him some credit for what he does bring to the mat. His lack of tech. skills:(1) is a reflection on his coach and coaching ability, and (2) has managed to win him a state title (he placed 4th his freshman year and placed 1st his sophmore year). I would enlighten you with more knowledge, but it seems I lack common sense. Here's an observation for you, maybe spelling is not for you. This is just my opinion. B)

I am guessing you are one of the nerdy wrestlers on jpII wrestling team. The last time i saw coffey out technique somebody is ...................... never. He has pure muscle and that is it. B)

I am guessing you are one of the nerdy wrestlers on jpII wrestling team. The last time i saw coffey out technique somebody is ...................... never. He has pure muscle and that is it. :thumb:

You must be the next Prop 48 at whatever school you wrestle for, or are you only a spectator? Coffey stuck Brandon Jackson last night and He stuck Brandon Jackson again tonight. I am not knocking Jackson, he is the #2 ranked 215 in DII and he is a pretty good wrestler that showed class in defeat. 215 is about power and yes Coffey is the definition of power. When you get to Chatt. on the 17th or you can go to the TSSAA website, look up the state champs. You will not see an * next to Coffey that says * He only had muscle. What you will see is Coffey-STATE CHAMPION @ 215 :thumb:

I am guessing you are one of the nerdy wrestlers on jpII wrestling team. The last time i saw coffey out technique somebody is ...................... never. He has pure muscle and that is it. :thumb:

You are wrong as usual. I am not a nerdy wrestler on the JPII Wrestling Team. I am someone who knows more about wrestling than you do. By the way, you are missing two key letters from your name(?)

Edited by halfnelson

By the way, you are missing two key letters from your name(?)

Ooh, witty. I like it.

Back on topic - Felix from Franklin is an absolute blast to watch. His first match at the G.P. West tournament, he absolutely abused some poor kid out there on the mat, and although I felt kind of bad afterwards, I found myself booing at the ref after he awarded the kid a penalty point after Felix threw him like a rag doll. It looked legal to me, he seemed to support him back to the mat, I just think the ref was shocked by the ease of the lift. Have you seen his bear hug? Knees buckle, man, knees buckle, even against quality competition like the kid from McCallie that he wrestled in the finals a week ago at Ryan and this weekend at GP West.

Anyway, the point being, Felix has to be in the top five wrestlers in the state. I haven't seen Manson, but I have seen Bundy, and Felix is right there with him as far as dominating his class. Plus, give me a good middleweight technician with skill and power over a lightweight anyday. Just more fun to watch, in my opinion anyway (former middleweight, a little partial).

Side question, would anyone vote for my motion to make 215 and heavyweight like sumo wrestling? Granted, I've seen a few good heavyweight matches, but I don't think anyone will strongly disagree that they are few and far between.

I am guessing you are one of the nerdy wrestlers on jpII wrestling team. The last time i saw coffey out technique somebody is ...................... never. He has pure muscle and that is it. :blink:

i would have to agree with you coffee has zero technique and could not compete at a national level because he would wrestle kids his size who had technique and therefore he couldnt out muscle them

I will never forget Felix this weekend (G. P. West )catching Zach Goss in the small of the back, twice in the same match. It was almost scary to watch, like Arnold S., in the jungle, pinned against the tree by the "Preditor." But it also seemed as though pinning was not an objective,,, just working on getting the heart rate over 115.