Best Wrestler in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

in my opinion and in my opinion only.... coffey is not that great he doesn't have much tech. he is very athletic but wrestling just isn't his sport

He has all the physical tools to become a great wrestler if he wants to. His shoulders must be about 3 feet wide. I have seen better wrestlers his size but not a more physical one.

i believe a few years ago clarksville and greenville had two powerful and also very technically sound heavyweights in the state finals. a good example of a big guy with just strength that got beaten by both those guys was bolton's heavy, brugal, the guy was jacked up but when facing an opponent of similar strength and better technique he lost time and time again. strength is a HUGE part of wrestling but technique is also needed to balance the equation. one without the other is many times not very affective.

I agree with you on this point.

Okay Mr. Not too Good in Grammar, if Coffey is an athlete and nothing more, how come he has placed in the state tournaments in the past two years? It appears that this untalented wrestler may very well win the state once again; unless someone can step on the mat and prove they are a better wrestler. Furthermore, this is wrestling not ballet. You are taught to keep your balance and be prepared to do so during a match if this scenario occurs. Part of a wrestler's strategy is to get the opponent in a position which sets him up to be vulnerable and therefore taken down(can you understand what I am saying). Here's a thought, maybe the wrestler Coffey beat missed practice the day balance was being exercised because he was too busy correcting your post. If Coffey is winning by muscle and strength alone, what does that say about the "true wrestlers" he has beaten? Come on, give this guy his props too!

Coffey may get a real challenge tomorrow night when he goes against the 2nd ranked wrestler in DII, Brandon Jackson(Briarcrest)

i believe a few years ago clarksville and greenville had two powerful and also very technically sound heavyweights in the state finals. a good example of a big guy with just strength that got beaten by both those guys was bolton's heavy, brugal, the guy was jacked up but when facing an opponent of similar strength and better technique he lost time and time again. strength is a HUGE part of wrestling but technique is also needed to balance the equation. one without the other is many times not very affective.

You mean Daniel Crosby? 2 time state champ at heavyweight and never got rode for more than 26seconds his senior season.

Well I think we should all take another look at the topic, "Who is the best overall wrestler in the state of TN" . .

Hey man, I think we all understand the topic. What's wrong with taking the topic up another notch? We are merely giving our opinion about the best overall wrestler in TN as we see it. Loosen up wise guy!

You mean Daniel Crosby? 2 time state champ at heavyweight and never got rode for more than 26seconds his senior season.

I said it before, i'll say it again....This guy is a true BEAST!!! He makes me glad that my career is over!

Where are the state wrestling rankings listed at? Is there a link to a web site?

:D:D:unsure::blink:

Go to www.tennwrestling.com on the title page is Matman's Rankings. Coach Bray does a very good job also here on this site.