Grace v. Temple

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want about Carter but he is still 2 and 0 against Temple this year.....but I think he might be putting a lot of pressure on himself b/c even though he has recieved letters from most of the SEC teams and other ACC schools he has yet to recieve the big one....you know...Mercer!!!! I got your back C-Mac!!!By the way...this isn't Jake this is John William Creed!

first things first. i am a HUGE temple fan and i wanna say congratulations to grace on another huge victory over the crusaders. grace is the team to beat in this region until proven otherwise because they have proved it on the court (twice), just like IMO middleton is the team to beat in class A state wide until another class A team beats them b/c they won the title last year. temple played with alot of heart and should be very proud of their effort as well. both teams are VERY SOLID and losing to a team of this magnitude is nothing to hang your head about. so congrats to BOTH teams. :lol:

next, i just wanna express my thoughts about something that has been bothering me. I have ALOT of respect for Grace and its fans (including the ones on here), so i know you guys didn't mean anything by it but TTU is NOT a HOME game for temple. when grace plays temple this year, they are playing AT temple twice (once reg season, once district tourney), supposed to play at a neutral site (TTU) twice (best of preps and region tourneys) and at grace once. it ended up being at ttu 3 times though (assuming grace and temple play 5 times). playing at ttu is NOT an advantage for temple b/c the high school does not play in that gym any more than grace or other teams who participate in these tournaments do. the fact that it happens to be next door to the hs gym doesnt make it a home court advantage either b/c both teams are in the chattanooga area so neither team loses fans that might not have come for traveling reasons. (its just what 10 or 15 mins from grace). if temple (or grace for that matter) were playing a team from memphis at TTU, it WOULD be more of a home court advantage b/c of the traveling distance. what grace did was gave up home court advantage for a neutral site. yeah that is a factor in the game, but not as big of a factor as giving up home court for the other teams home court. grace chose to play the game at a neutral site so more fans could come, and thats their right to choose. someone mentioned earlier about the next temple grace game being played at UTC and i think that would be awesome. personally, i hope temple moves the game, but i think for financial reasons (it would cost too much), it wont happen. i would love it though. please dont take any of this wrong, i dont mean any of it bad, it just kinda bothers me when ppl think temple has an unfair advantage b/c ppl say they play grace at HOME 4 or 5 times when most of those are actually at neutral sites.

next. we can all make excuses. i KNOW temple fans feel like refs dont like them, and i KNOW people who play against temple feel like refs let temple get away w/ everything. the fact is, refs are unbiased, and even though there may be some bad calls, over time it evens out. i dont think temple or grace fans should take anything away from the other team by saying "oh we just didnt play as well as we could" or "oh the refs arent fair", etc. the best teams bring their best to the big games and the best teams find a way to win the big games. Grace won tonight, so they were the best team tonight. period. Congratulations again to both teams, and Great Game Grace. you beat us, you deserve props, just like i would want you guys to give us props if we beat you. great job to both teams. :thumb:

Say what you want about Carter but he is still 2 and 0 against Temple this year.....but I think he might be putting a lot of pressure on himself b/c even though he has recieved letters from most of the SEC teams and other ACC schools he has yet to recieve the big one....you know...Mercer!!!! I got your back C-Mac!!!By the way...this isn't Jake this is John William Creed!

Serisouly buddy, don't be taking shots at Mercer and the two Temple boys who went there simply b/c Carter will likely sign somewhere higher. All Carter has over them is size; talent is not a real comparison. This from an unbiased fan of Chattanooga ball.

Congratulations Grace on a good win. I enjoyed the game. It was worth going to. Temple, you guys played great.

Sessie, you are a great player. I think you proved to everyone that you were the best out there. You are a great shooter.

Dee, as always, you hustled a lot out there. You are a hard worker.

Josh, you are a beast. You played great. Nice three to keep Temple in it at the end.You did great against Carter.

Vespie, as always, good job on your free throws. You always make them. If you hadn't hit those two, then Grace would have driven down and won with Eldridge's three pointer.

Waddles, you are the man! You are young, but you are a hard worker. Shoot some more. Not all the time, but don't be discouraged when you miss.

Wallace, good job. You too should shoot. Of course not all the time, but you have a good shot. Keep your head up.

Jeremy, you have proven to me that you are a good ball player. I didn't know what to expect when you first came to Temple. Lately, you have really stepped up and played well.

Joey Shiraef, hard minutes. You are a baller!

In closing, Eldridge and Smith are good shooters. They seem to never miss. I know when the game is going on I get nervous when they shoot it or if they are open.It seems then can crap the ball out and it would still find its way to the basket.

Serisouly buddy, don't be taking shots at Mercer and the two Temple boys who went there simply b/c Carter will likely sign somewhere higher. All Carter has over them is size; talent is not a real comparison. This from an unbiased fan of Chattanooga ball.

I can't believe he said it was him. I thought John Creed had more class than that, but hey I'm also not suprised.

I like the way you think -- I just hope your whole team thinks that way so it will bite you in the end.

Here is my thinking. Temple was up like 7 with 4 mins to go. Grace had a TON of late turnovers.

Props to Temple you brought your A game nothing to be ashamed of it was a great high school basketball game. (Game of the year according to the article in the timesfreepress.) Grace didnt really have their A game. This may be due to the Temple D, and it may be like this every Temple game, time will tell. But considering the circumstances at the end of the game Temple had every shot to win this game. I dont know if they will have a better opportunity to win. That said they can still win (and very well might im still not sold that Grace will sweep temple this season) but this may have been their best opportunity. By best opportunity i mean i dont see temple being up 7 with 4 mins to go in any other of the games. But dont get worked up I have been wrong many times before.

talent is not a real comparison.

To early to tell. Carter is VERY talented.