District 7a

swanson71

So far It's going to be Trey, Jasper Turner, Josh Biles, Tyler Birdwell, and Kyle Ray, and Patrick Berry...

H.S has a few young guys commin up that have an idea of what they are doin... but besides that they still have campbell,russell,lewis, J.rhoten, C.hatcher,and craighead are pitching.. catching they have C.hatcher. and W.Russell

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats is true that it wasnt as good as the past but i hit better my soph year well i struck out more but my av was better.

how did every1 games go the other day???/

Well the last pitcher to really throw the heat was Marcus Hudson, and he was just at average 85...There was about 2 or 3 pitchers in the district who threw 80-82, but nothing outstanding...As far as hitting and striking out my sophomore junior and senior year it stayed about the same all three years...

H.S has a few young guys commin up that have an idea of what they are doin... but besides that they still have campbell,russell,lewis, J.rhoten, C.hatcher,and craighead are pitching.. catching they have C.hatcher. and W.Russell

Pitching will be weak for them as it was last year, and if last year they just had 1 decent hitter on that team and it was nothing spectacular...they'll be just like last year...maybe a little better...

monterey seems to have an edge in 7A but to be honest i dont see them any better jchs.... this district is a toss up to me

I see the district the same way...but as always I have to give the edge to Monterey...they've won it 5 of the last 6 years...wouldn't everyone give them the edge???

I see the district the same way...but as always I have to give the edge to Monterey...they've won it 5 of the last 6 years...wouldn't everyone give them the edge???

yeah they would but wait till you get to see them in action i wasnt impressed at all the only person that impressed me was there freshman catcher ..... they have a bulpen that needs serious work on pitch location ... with them i say for get hitin spots just get it over the plate, as the same with jchs just throw some dam strikes first

Errors and hitting have been a problem for JCHS, pitching has been a pleasent suprise from what ive been told. With new pitching coach Mark Apple (played at TTU from JC) they will improve.

i think they are on a good path ... with their new indoor facillity and the re-doing of their field its just gonna take time for them to be a better ball club than what they are now.... but this district is still weak to me i expected more out of them

i think they are on a good path ... with their new indoor facillity and the re-doing of their field its just gonna take time for them to be a better ball club than what they are now.... but this district is still weak to me i expected more out of them

The district keeps getting weaker every year...When I was a freshman and 8th grader playing the Hermitage Springs team that finished last almost every year would compete for a district title this year and last...The last complete baseball team to come out of this district was the RBS team that won the district 2 years ago who was solid in every position and had our best pitcher out with a knee injury...The Monterey team that won the distric last year wasn't strong with the exception of a few players, but when they played a good Hartsville team they got beat pretty bad...When I was a freshman and 8th grader Clarkrange was a good ball team that competed for the district title and now they're lucky to field a team, and it bothers me...It doesn't take much to compete in this district, and the district teams that are losing by 11 or 12 games against other opponents will play each other in district and it'll be some great games...

The district keeps getting weaker every year...When I was a freshman and 8th grader playing the Hermitage Springs team that finished last almost every year would compete for a district title this year and last...The last complete baseball team to come out of this district was the RBS team that won the district 2 years ago who was solid in every position and had our best pitcher out with a knee injury...The Monterey team that won the distric last year wasn't strong with the exception of a few players, but when they played a good Hartsville team they got beat pretty bad...When I was a freshman and 8th grader Clarkrange was a good ball team that competed for the district title and now they're lucky to field a team, and it bothers me...It doesn't take much to compete in this district, and the district teams that are losing by 11 or 12 games against other opponents will play each other in district and it'll be some great games...

i agree with you on that there is no competition any more in district 7A, its worse than a city babe ruth league...when monterey is expected to win the district something is wrong have u seen monterey play... not the best in world at all lol...this district might as well be labled the cream pie district ....teams only play them to gain wins on their record and boost confidence....and while their at it get in a lil b.p.

i agree with you on that there is no competition any more in district 7A, its worse than a city babe ruth league...when monterey is expected to win the district something is wrong have u seen monterey play... not the best in world at all lol...this district might as well be labled the cream pie district ....teams only play them to gain wins on their record and boost confidence....and while their at it get in a lil b.p.

When I first started playing there were 2 pitchers who threw at 85 I believe in Tommy McCoy andMichael Peters...and then a lot of other pitchers who consistantly stayed around 80...My sophomore year Michael Green was probably the hardest pitcher probably throwing mid 80's and then a lot other pitchers consistantly throwing 80...My junior year Marcus Hudson threw in the mid 80's and Matt Heady I believe would have come close if it wasn't for a knee injury and maybe 2 or 3 other pitchers in the district maybe hit 80 but the pitching was still weak...Last year there were just 3 pitchers that threw about 80-82 and the rest hit mid 70's...and this year I don't even know if there is a pitcher in the district who throws 80...I can think of 2 possibly that might come close...but it's gotten weaker...Like I said the last complete baseball team that come out of this district was the 04' RBS team who won district...that year when we decided to play ball noone in the district could beat us...Pickett Co came in 2nd that year in the district tournament and at the first of the tournament we beat them 18-0...it's gotten so much weaker, but I believe it'll shape up as the years go along...

So has anyone played any district games yet? I know JC was supossed to play HS but it was rained out, they play Clarkrange on thursday, before a long stretch of non-district games.

RBS travels to PC tonight...RBS hasn't won up there in 3 or 4 years so it'll be a good district test for the bulldogs tonight...