District 7a

swanson71

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Clarkrange going to have a team this year? If so how does eveyone see the district standing finishing?

Jackson Co, Monterey, Clay Co, RBS, Pickett Co, Hermitage Springs, Clarkrange(?)

I have no clue, so this is not my predictions, I just listed all the teams.

I'll see if I can help ya out and i'll give a prediction of my own.

#1-Monterey- They lost 2 good players that I know of in Walker and Philips. They'll have Horton coming back that should be there ace. They are coached very well and usually are the front runners in the district.

#2 Clay Co- They lost there best pitcher, Matt McCleran and a few others to graduation last year. Andrew Campell returns to the team, but he had hurt his arm playing football last year, and I believe it was still bothering him a little the past summer. If his arm holds up he should be a real strong pitcher for Clay, not to mention Saylor Walden who tore it up in the district tournament last year hitting wise. They'll be strong this year.

#3,4,5 RBS- Lost a couple of seniors last year, but was a really young team last year and is still pretty young this year. Last year though RBS got most of there young players some playing time so they should be a lot better this year with a years experience under there belt. I don't know how they'll be during the games, though pitching will be a factor since Heady graduated

#3,4,5 Pickett County- Lost quiet a few people themselves to graduation and I imagine them to be a young team as well. They have a couple of good players that played last year and should be a work in progress. They'll be decent, but I don't look for them to be extremely strong, though they could jump up and bite someone. Look for them to come on around district tourney time because that is when they start playing there best ball

#3,4,5 Jackson County- I played summer ball last year with a lot of the graduating seniors. They lost quiet a few players, and also there best pitcher in Mikey Rolland. They'll return a couple though that is decent ball players. They'll compete better in this district than they have in 7aa

#6 Hermitage Springs- They return everyone and with a new coach. But they can't hit the ball well at all. They have one player who consistantly hits the ball, but defensively noone is consistant. Pitching is also a factor with them because their #1 pitcher than can get it done. I believe if they could find one solid pitcher and a few good hitters this team would compete, but I don't look for them to be a big factor and finish near the bottom of the district.

#7 Clarkrange- When I started playing baseball in 8th grade this team finished close to the top of the district, now they're lucky to field a team. I believe that they do have a team this year and a new coach. I don't expect them to win a district game and finish near the bottom.

This district is usually competitive, Monterey has won it though every year, but one since I can remember...

I watched Jackson County practice a couple of days ago and they are improving. They have a young ss named Tyler Phy who should be able to field the position if Nathan Maberry has to move back to catcher. They still have a few spots that will be weak but hopefully someone will step up and fill em. Like I said before I wish the Blue Devils and Coach King good luck. :thumb:

#2 Clay Co- They lost there best pitcher, Matt McCleran and a few others to graduation last year. Andrew Campell returns to the team, but he had hurt his arm playing football last year, and I believe it was still bothering him a little the past summer. If his arm holds up he should be a real strong pitcher for Clay, not to mention Saylor Walden who tore it up in the district tournament last year hitting wise. They'll be strong this year.

Clay won't have that overpowering pitcher like they have the past couple of years in McLerran, but they will have more solid arms than probably ever.

You put a lot of work into your analysis, Swanson. They'll all be playing in just a few days, and we'll begin to know more then.

Edited by Dawgwriter

Clay won't have that overpowering pitcher like they have the past couple of years in McLerran, but they will have more solid arms than probably ever.

You put a lot of work into your analysis, Swanson. They'll all be playing in just a few days, and we'll begin to know more then.

Well I played Ball against all of the older people that'll make the difference...But your right...we'll know for sure in a little while..

i dont know were you are comin from but last year we played jackson county adn the year before that and they have never beat us we dominated every time we stepped on the field it may be a diffrent story this year but not the last two so get it strait can you say disrict champs its ours till you take it

HORTON YALL NEVER ABSOLUTELY BEAT US YALL USUALLY WON BY LIKE A RUN OR 2!!!!!HORTON UR NOT THAT GREAT OF A PITCHER!!!!!!!

Glad to see that Morgan is going to play. He's a very good kid glad to see him back. Tell Martin to work on his stamina because like I said before he's a pretty good pitcher for about 4 innings but with Coach knowing that I'm sure he will keep an eye on him when he's out there. Hopefully he will play with my team this summer.

BASEBALL JUNKIE I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD IDEAL WHO YOU ARE!!!THE MEMBERS ON THE JCHS BASEBALL TEAM APPRECIATE THE EFFORTS YOU HAVE PUT FORTH FOR US TO HELP US IMPROVE!!!!!!!THANK YOU AND YOUR WORK PLACE SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

I watched Jackson County practice a couple of days ago and they are improving. They have a young ss named Tyler Phy who should be able to field the position if Nathan Maberry has to move back to catcher. They still have a few spots that will be weak but hopefully someone will step up and fill em. Like I said before I wish the Blue Devils and Coach King good luck. :(

TYLER PHY HAS A GOOD ARM AND HES QUICK AND HES PRETTY GOOD WITH A BAT!!!!!HES VERY CAPABLE OF FILLING IN IN THE SS IF NAYNAY HAS TO BE CATCHER!IT WOULDNT SURPRISE ME TO SEE HIM AS THE NUMBER 1 PITCHER

HORTON YALL NEVER ABSOLUTELY BEAT US YALL USUALLY WON BY LIKE A RUN OR 2!!!!!HORTON UR NOT THAT GREAT OF A PITCHER!!!!!!!

A sophomore that did about as well as any pitcher in the district...yeah he isn't that good...Shows exactly how much you know...

When does season start for RBS?

Start's, I believe, whenever the first games are allowed to be play which I believe is the 19th...i'm not for sure...We start off with 4 double A schools and then turn around and have a district game...RBS has a pretty tough schedule this year...