District 7a

swanson71

Josh Denson is probably their best all around player and if Blake Allen plays he should be their #2 pitcher. Hensley is a good pitcher but he needs to improve on his stamina because after about 4 innings he starts getting tired.

ECS are you a student at JCHS. Because its nice to have faith in your team but in reality I believe it will be a long season for the Blue Devils. I hope I'm wrong though. Good luck to the Devils and Coach Kevin "THE HAMMER" King

I agree that Martin does need to work on his stamina, being in basketball still, he will be at a disadvantage in the conditioning part. He did give up golf this year (and missed out on the teams trip to the state tourny) to play fall ball in Cookeville with some Crossville boys with Mr. Lovercovich. He was best used in pitching roles as a closer, so maybe Coach King will use him in that role. He has really good stuff for a couple innings. His hitting has come along good, as he hit cleanup for that team and was by far one of the most consistent hitters on that team. I think he will make a good DH for the Blue Devils when he isnt pitching! Go get em Marty! ( I know all this cause he is my bro!)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played in a much tougher district last year than this year...They would have competed a whole more last year in 7a than they will this year...I expect them to compete this year, but not as well as they would have last year....

I agree this will be a rebuilding year for the blue devils, but they will come along. They will be alot better off in 7-A. By the way baseballjunkie, Morgan is gonna play this year too, you never can have too many Hensley players on a team! :thumb:

I agree this will be a rebuilding year for the blue devils, but they will come along. They will be alot better off in 7-A. By the way baseballjunkie, Morgan is gonna play this year too, you never can have too many Hensley players on a team! :thumb:

Glad to see that Morgan is going to play. He's a very good kid glad to see him back. Tell Martin to work on his stamina because like I said before he's a pretty good pitcher for about 4 innings but with Coach knowing that I'm sure he will keep an eye on him when he's out there. Hopefully he will play with my team this summer.

Edited by baseball junkie

I agree this will be a rebuilding year for the blue devils, but they will come along. They will be alot better off in 7-A. By the way baseballjunkie, Morgan is gonna play this year too, you never can have too many Hensley players on a team! ;)

Well our district is full of small public schools so JC will be down, they won't be as bad off as some to think...I still think they would have competed a lot better in our district last year...

baseball junkie are you the one that Andrew and Matt McLerran played for in the summer the past two years? If so I played first base for Clay last year and i'd like to play this summer if possible, if not, then nevermind.

btw, I think it'll be a two dog race between Monterey and Clay, should be an exciting year.

He's the on your talking about, I played with Andrew and Matt this past summer...Are a senior this year???

Ok, Well since no one seems to know anything about pickett, I'll let ya know what I know. Pickett lost Josh Wright, Micah Smith, Lance Mason, Drue Jolly, and Joesph Bailey to graduation laste year. This team is young with only 6 or 7 juniors on the team (only 4 will start) and one senior who hasn't played in highschool. Brett Roddy and Travis Matthews spent an incredible amount of workout time with a pitching coach this off season. I hear they are both throwing better than ever. I know Roddy could already throw in the high 70's low 80's and they say since working out this winter that he has added even more speed, if Travis can be a solid number two and not let things get to him then those two should be good to go. Now maybe for a third and fourth starter they will have to go with Jacob Wright and Jeremiah Copeland, both sophmores. They aren't gonna be aces or anything but I think they will hold up fine. I don't think pickett's problem will be its pitching, I think it'll be some of these players lack of experience, and besides Roddy they don't seem to have a big power bat in the line-up. To compete in district 7-a I think Roddy and Matthews have to pitch well, Cody Hull will have to get on base more from the lead-off spot (to much speed there for him not to be on base), and we'll have to learn how to play the small ball instead of trying to hit home runs everytime like we did last season. I'm guessing here's some of your starters, Travis Matthews, Brett Roddy, Josh Smith, Cody Hull, Jacob Wright, Jeremiah Copeland, Brent Logan and T.C. Capps (if they decide to play). I look for Pickett to finish 4th but they could roll some heads if people ain't careful, could be dangerous and move up a spot or two. Good Luck to all, wish I was back out there again this season....

baseball junkie are you the one that Andrew and Matt McLerran played for in the summer the past two years? If so I played first base for Clay last year and i'd like to play this summer if possible, if not, then nevermind.

btw, I think it'll be a two dog race between Monterey and Clay, should be an exciting year.

Yes I am. I will talk to you when you play JCHS at our place. I will be doing the announcing unless middle school has a game

hey catchpc i have played with roddy since he has been working with that pitching coach i worked with the same one for about 4 years but anyway he is not hitting high 70s or low 80s he is hitting i would say between 69 to 72 as far as that goes how do you guys think that you will be this year .........................................................................................................................and somebody from clay, what is going on what do you guys got and do you guys think you will be a contender for the district title this year .........................................................................................................................dewey we will see you on the field boy ..............................rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa