who is the #1 point guard in East Tennessee?

bballplayer25

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Jared L. from Anderson County is a true point guard and is very good! I should know because I (Jeremy Shannon) have had to gaurd him! We (Wartburg) played them in a scrimmage before the season kicked off! He is very smooth and from what I saw lead his team in a very Positive manor! He is probably among 1 of the Best!

Jonathon Dye is also a very good point guard! I would have to say that he is one of the BEST guards in East Tennessee if not the BEST! He is definitley TOP 5!

Really don't know if Tony White Jr. is a point guard but if he is, he is my vote for the Best point gaurd and if not he is still my vote for the BEST guard period, in East Tennessee and I also think that he is even one of the BEST in the STATE!

Others that are very good: Chris Conner (Powell), Dan Shultz (Oliver Springs), Jordan Dixon (Clinton), Andy Cooper (Sequoyah), Dustin Griffith (Scott County), Steven Pearl (West), Jeremy Park (CAK), Cameron Sharp (Halls) and there are others! Not in order and I really don't know if all are point guards but I am pretty sure that all are at least guards!

Yes, Tony White Jr is the best PG in E. Tenn handsdown. There is nobody that can guard him 1 on 1. Cant go zone cause they(Bearden) shot the 3 ball so well. Cant sluff off of him cause his range is about 30 feet. So anyway you look at it TW Jr is the best in E. Tenn.

I wonder where he is going to go, i know playing with the Tenn. Travelers last year had to get him regonized.

My vote goes to Matt Parton from Knoxville Catholic. He's a 4 year starter with a record of 80-20 since his freshman year. He's an excellent ball handler and has improved his 3 point shooting ++ he's a lock down defensive stopper. He has shut down several players already named on this post. He single-handedly has beaten Farragut and Powell along with 10 other teams while facing a box and 1 defense alot of the time. He has done this without much offensive help while some of these other guys mentioned have lots of help. Have any of these other guys taken their team to the State Tourney the past two years?

Tony White isn't the best point guard in East TN, you also have to pass and defend in my estimation to be the best. He's the best SCORING guard in East TN. Jared Laverdiere is top notch also. By the way, when Parton and Laverdiere played against the Tennessee Travelers this summer they combined for 34 points 1 turnover. Tony White and Cameron Sharp had 8 points and 10-12 turnovers combined. Tony also played down a year due to his age and didn't compete with the upcoming Seniors. Should have played with his class for more accurate assesment of where he stands as a senior.

My vote goes to Matt Parton from Knoxville Catholic. He's a 4 year starter with a record of 80-20 since his freshman year. He's an excellent ball handler and has improved his 3 point shooting ++ he's a lock down defensive stopper. He has shut down several players already named on this post. He single-handedly has beaten Farragut and Powell along with 10 other teams while facing a box and 1 defense alot of the time. He has done this without much offensive help while some of these other guys mentioned have lots of help. Have any of these other guys taken their team to the State Tourney the past two years?

Tony White isn't the best point guard in East TN, you also have to pass and defend in my estimation to be the best. He's the best SCORING guard in East TN. Jared Laverdiere is top notch also. By the way, when Parton and Laverdiere played against the Tennessee Travelers this summer they combined for 34 points 1 turnover. Tony White and Cameron Sharp had 8 points and 10-12 turnovers combined. Tony also played down a year due to his age and didn't compete with the upcoming Seniors. Should have played with his class for more accurate assesment of where he stands as a senior.

Tony White is going to go to prep school and reclassify as class of 2007 so if you put him there he is in the top 4-5 players in the state with Miller, Wattad, Culpepper, and Oglesby. he is the best point guard in the TN class of 2007 assuming he does go to prep school.

Single A

Dan Schultz--Oliver Springs

Dee Newsome--Temple

Jeremy Shannon--Wartburg

Steven Gunter--Coalfield

Zack Lambert--Oneida

Demetrius Williams--Harriman

Adam Vespie--Temple

Double AA

Matt Parton--Catholic

Jared Laverdiere--Anderson County

Tyler Brim--Cumberland Gap