District 8aaa..How will things end up

WildcatsBasketball_3

yeah thats what I thought thanks. Really doesnt matter if Coffee or Lincoln finish 2nd or 3rd just as long as they dont finish 4 or 5. BTW when did the coin flip become the deciding factor in this district. I thought it was based on head to head which in this case would not matter and then goes to records against the next best team.

don't quote me on this and someone who knows more can correct me if need be, but i think the first tie breaker is head to head which if they split is null. then they go to a coin flip. district 7 is very tough in boys this year. someone from 8 could pull a few upsets but shelbyville looks to be our best chance of getting past regions this year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't quote me on this and someone who knows more can correct me if need be, but i think the first tie breaker is head to head which if they split is null. then they go to a coin flip. district 7 is very tough in boys this year. someone from 8 could pull a few upsets but shelbyville looks to be our best chance of getting past regions this year.

I am no expert either, but I did ask someone who I respect as one involved with the tournaments and he said it was head to head then best record against the next highest ranked team. In this case (unless CC beats Shelbyville and in that case probably would not need the tie breaker) the next ranked team would be Tullahoma. CC beat them both times and I think they split with Lincoln Co. so CC would get 2nd assuming they beat Franklin County.

Actually I think Tullahoma is going to finish 4th behind probably Lincoln in third who is making a strong late push and most likely Coffee in second unless Franklin Co upsets Coffee at FC which could happen after the first game between the two was 3 or 4 points. Then if Lincon wins out that would put the Falcons and Raiders at 7-5. These two split so then it goes to record against the next best team right which would be Tull and Coffee beat them twice and Lincoln split with Tull so it would be Coffee 2nd and Lincoln 3rd.

Actually I think Tullahoma is going to finish 4th behind probably Lincoln in third who is making a strong late push and most likely Coffee in second unless Franklin Co upsets Coffee at FC which could happen after the first game between the two was 3 or 4 points. Then if Lincon wins out that would put the Falcons and Raiders at 7-5. These two split so then it goes to record against the next best team right which would be Tull and Coffee beat them twice and Lincoln split with Tull so it would be Coffee 2nd and Lincoln 3rd.

Lincoln Co has Franklin Co and Columbia. They could win both games, but probably splits. Tullahoma only has Shelbyville and Coffee Co has Shelbyville and Franklin Co. Shelbyville probably beats Tullahoma and Coffee Co, while Coffee Co wins over Franklin Co. I think FC got Sanders back, but probably doesn't make a difference.

Predicted final finish

Shelbyville 12-0

Coffee 7-5

Lincoln 7-5

Tullahoma 6-6

Columbia 5-7

Lawrence 4-8

Franlklin 1-11

Doesnt really matter who is 2nd or 3rd. They stay out of Shelbyville's side and I think contrary to what some will say 2nd place in the tourney will have a shot at beating #3 in the 7AAA.

Tullahoma does play well at times...Coach Taylor did the right thing by suspending one of his players from the team. He also changed his lineup, which helped. Coffee Co has Williams, but has to run the ball through him and find a way to limit their turnovers. Lincoln Co is an up and down team. Towry is playing better, as is Joey.