Why no respect for Catholic?

Flyguy2100

i just want to know why Catholic gets no respect, im a Kingston supporter and we thought that they would not be as good as they had shown in previous games. I was wrong they came out and beat our butts in a big game.

Id just like to know why the papers, media, and everyone on these boards have no respect for Knox Catholic mens bball?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to know why Catholic gets no respect, im a Kingston supporter and we thought that they would not be as good as they had shown in previous games. I was wrong they came out and beat our butts in a big game.

Id just like to know why the papers, media, and everyone on these boards have no respect for Knox Catholic mens bball?

Ok, first things first, Kingston is not that good, so Catholic beating yall really doesn't surprise me...second, Catholic is not that good, they have beaten nobody and Im not so sure they have even played nebody, I could kno but Im too lazy to click on their schedule...so yeah, thats the reason Catholic gets no respect, they play nobody and when they do play somebody, they get beat...

That's a great question! Over the past four years we're 81-20. I think people have the perception that the private school league we've played in is much weaker than it really is. I have no doubt that Baylor or McCallie would have won easily against anyone in the Knoxville area over the past few years- then throw in the team that 5 of thoses losses are to BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. We play an admitted ugly style of basketball but we only play 5 players with an occasional sub. As a prime example of lack of respect, last years top player Brett Connor was initally left off the Prep Xtra team while the statewide AP reporters voted him First Team All-State. An assistant coach at Bearden had the ignorance to ask one of our players who was transferring to Bearden if he thought Brett would have been good enough to play/start for Bearden. He replied "Why don't you ask Farragut or Powell who we beat while he was lighting them up for 44 and 30 points- AND they beat Bearden. We've made two straight trips to play in the State tourney. Over the past 4 years we've played against and beaten some of the best athletes in the state that have signed D-1 in basketball, football and baseball. We're not a very physically intimidating team but we play very good defense (currently giving up about 37 points a game) and play with a lot of heart. We slow it down to take advantage of what we do well. It's hard to play uptempo when you only play 5 guys but we handle the ball and make big shots. It's been very frustrating to those involved in the program to see PrepXtra rankings come out every week for the past few years and to be ranked below teams that you've beat. It's not like play an easy schedule to pad our record. Over the past few years we've played and beaten Farragut (3-0), Powell (2-1), Alcoa (2-0), Seymour (2-0), Central (3-0) and throw into that mix Baylor, McCallie, Notre Dame, and <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> that have all made runs in the state tourney. The funny thing is we really don't match up on paper with any of these teams. All we can do is keep winning to prove them wrong!

Edited by IrishBBall

Ok, first things first, Kingston is not that good, so Catholic beating yall really doesn't surprise me...second, Catholic is not that good, they have beaten nobody and Im not so sure they have even played nebody, I could kno but Im too lazy to click on their schedule...so yeah, thats the reason Catholic gets no respect, they play nobody and when they do play somebody, they get beat...

Bluewhitetribe.....

Everyone on here knows that you think McMinn Central invented basketball and are the heirs to the state championship, so let's know look at Catholic. Fulton is the only team that MC has played this year that's very good. MC lost to Fulton. Powell beat Fulton by 14. Catholic beat Powell. So, you saying they have played no one, once again shows your arrogance and complete lack of knowledge. Catholic is a very good team that plays a tough style of basketball. Matt Parton has a great chance to play at a small D-1 school and a d-2 at worst. Harrison Smith was just offered a scholarship by UT in football as a junior. Walden and Brown can also play.....Kingston might not be as strong as in year's past, but Catholic is solid and shouldn't be dissed so easily. By the way, Kingston would easily have an incredible record if they played in MC's conference......

at home, they are near unbeatable(thanks to a ferocious student section) they have one loss to a tennessee team this year, and they have played good teams. they beat farragut at fhs and beat powell as well. i dont see why we should not give them respect

Probably because they play the 86th toughest schedule in AA...

Bluewhitetribe.....

Everyone on here knows that you think McMinn Central invented basketball and are the heirs to the state championship, so let's know look at Catholic. Fulton is the only team that MC has played this year that's very good. MC lost to Fulton. Powell beat Fulton by 14. Catholic beat Powell. So, you saying they have played no one, once again shows your arrogance and complete lack of knowledge. Catholic is a very good team that plays a tough style of basketball. Matt Parton has a great chance to play at a small D-1 school and a d-2 at worst. Harrison Smith was just offered a scholarship by UT in football as a junior. Walden and Brown can also play.....Kingston might not be as strong as in year's past, but Catholic is solid and shouldn't be dissed so easily. By the way, Kingston would easily have an incredible record if they played in MC's conference......

I never said a word about McMinn Central, I was just giving an oppinion...but lets talk facts for just a second...first, lets go ahead and knock Kingston out of the picture...they are 7-8, and they have lost to the following...Cumberland Gap, Lenoir City (yeah, MC beat them pretty bad), Loudon (lol, Kingston must really be trash for losing to Loudon), South Pittsburg (just when I didn't think it got any worse), Midway (just when I thought it was as bad as it gets), Lenoir City...again, Catholic, and Scott Co...yeah, yall would get smashed in our "conference" (as you so incorrectly called it)...now for Catholic...lol, first of all, the 86th ranking for Strength of Schedule says enough...the toughest team Catholic plays on their schedule is Austin-East, and they are, for all intents and purposes, not that good this year...so please, beat somebody first, win a championship or two, and then start asking for respect...do like McMinn Central...win your district 6 years and running...goto state a couple of times...goto sectionals 3 outta ya 4 years in high school...I wouldn't have said a word about McMinn Central, but chill felt the need to drag them into this so blame him for me sayin nething about them...

Yeah, they are no where near a top 10 team tho so Im sure it wont be an issue :thumb:

It is always alot of fun to watch teams fall on their face because fans, ignorant ones at that, continually talk trash to other teams. Catholic deserves alot of respect to accomplish what they have accomplished in their first year in this district. For you to say that Austin East is not that good reiterates your basketball ignorance. I think McMinn Central is good and they will walk to the state because nobody in their region or substate can even play dead. It's probably the weakest AA basketball in America. Even so called pathetic Lenoir City is 3-1 against your district. Centrals weak schedule will hurt them when they actually have to play somebody in the state tournament. I guess the coaching staff is content to go 30-1 playing cupcakes all the way to the state tournament. And don't get on here and say anything about them playing McMinn County, and Cleveland because they are both average AAA teams this year.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this because you are probably just an ignorant teenager that has not learned the values of respect or being humble.

It is always alot of fun to watch teams fall on their face because fans, ignorant ones at that, continually talk trash to other teams. Catholic deserves alot of respect to accomplish what they have accomplished in their first year in this district. For you to say that Austin East is not that good reiterates your basketball ignorance. I think McMinn Central is good and they will walk to the state because nobody in their region or substate can even play dead. It's probably the weakest AA basketball in America. Even so called pathetic Lenoir City is 3-1 against your district. Centrals weak schedule will hurt them when they actually have to play somebody in the state tournament. I guess the coaching staff is content to go 30-1 playing cupcakes all the way to the state tournament. And don't get on here and say anything about them playing McMinn County, and Cleveland because they are both average AAA teams this year.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this because you are probably just an ignorant teenager that has not learned the values of respect or being humble.

Yeah, well, this ignorant teenager has made you look like a fool time and again on here so what does that make you look like??? Yeah, Id quit postin right about now...